Mini Crumble Topping Pumpkin Bread
Mini Crumble Topping Pumpkin Bread – Super soft, tender, moist pumpkin bread with a pecan crumble topping!! The mini loaves are EASY, brimming will fall flavors, totally IRRESISTIBLE, and perfect for entertaining or gift-giving!!
Mini Pumpkin Bread Loaves
This mini crumble topping pumpkin bread recipe is fast, easy, you don’t need a mixer, and tastes more like cake than bread. I’ll never complain about eating cake, err bread, for breakfast.
The bread is so soft, tender, ridiculously moist without being dense or heavy, and topped with a delectable crumble topping that I want to pick off and devour piece by piece from every loaf.
In past years I’ve made this Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Bread and Mini Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread and those recipes have it become some of my hottest fall recipes on my blog, Pinterest, and on Facebook. This video showing you just how I make the bread has been watched 11 million times and counting.
For this recipe I added Fisher Pecan Halves to the bread and to the crumble topping. Last year I made this Pumpkin Crumb Coffee Cake in partnership with Fisher Nuts using their pecans and it’s one of my favorite fall coffee cakes.
Fisher recipe nuts are a wonderful way to add flavor and texture to any dish without adding preservatives or salt. When baking and cooking with nuts this holiday season, you want to make sure to use the freshest and best possible nuts available. All Fisher recipe nuts are non-GMO Project Verified. Look for their stand-up resealable bag and enjoy the taste of these high-quality walnuts, pecans, and almonds.
I’ve been working with Fisher Nuts for years. Check out this Sweet Potato Casserole with Butter Pecan Topping and these Sea Salt Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies that I’ve made using their pecans. Stay tuned for a great wintery chili that’s not only unique and hearty, but it’s also healthy and incorporates heart-healthy Fisher Walnuts into the recipe.
What’s in This Pumpkin Bread?
To make this pumpkin pumpkin bread with the crumble topping, you’ll see it’s a very short and sweet ingredients list. All you will need is:
- White and brown sugar
- Fisher Pecan Halves (Fisher Pecan Halves and Pieces may be used)
- Pumpkin puree
- Oil (canola or vegetable)
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Baking soda, baking powder, salt
I want to point out that other than the 3 tablespoons of butter in the crumble topping, this is a vegan recipe. No eggs and no butter are in the bread itself which may come in handy for some people. To keep it vegan you can either skip the crumble topping altogether or swap out the 3 tablespoons of butter for a vegan buttery substitute.
Mini Loaves, Full-Size Loaf, or Muffins?
The great thing about this recipe is that you can use it to make mini loaves, one large loaf, or muffins!
These mini pumpkin loaves are perfect for gift giving or as something to set out during your holiday parties.
I think mini food is not only irresistibly cute but things bake more quickly and more evenly in them. I used three of these mini loaf pans and if you don’t have a set of mini loaf pans and you’re even somewhat of a baker, I recommend buying a set. They come in handy all the time for extra batter for example when a muffin recipe makes 14 instead of 12. Pour that extra batter in a mini loaf and bake it alongside the muffin pan.
If you want to make this recipe as a full-size 9×5-inch loaf, it’ll likely need about 50-55 minutes to bake, and muffins will require about 18-24 minutes. As with any type of baking, watch your baked goods and not the clock when it comes to determining if they’re done or not.
Tips for Making Mini Pumpkin Bread
First and foremost, make sure you use pure pumpkin puree and NOT pumpkin pie filling. Pumpkin pie filling is sweetened and spiced and will result in overly sweet pumpkin bread.
Feel free to add more pumpkin pie spice, if desired. Some of us are major pumpkin fiends. Ahem.
You can always add more pecans to the bread batter. If you love the extra crunch and flavor of pecans, go for it.
After the bread is done baking, you can sprinkle some pecans over the top. I tried to incorporate them into the crumble topping but they were burning since this bread needs to bake at 400F so after baking is the way to go.
Lastly, you need to let this bread cool before serving it. I know it’s tempting to dig in right away but the crumble topping crisps up as it cools, so I highly recommend waiting until cooled to devour.
Here’s a video demonstrating exactly how I make this easy pumpkin bread.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 1 to 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil, canola oil, or liquid-state coconut oil (melt in micro if necessary to liquify)
- 1/4 cup milk (regular, soy, almond, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons mild or medium molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Fisher Pecan Halves, lightly chopped (or Fisher Pecan Halves and Pieces may be used), plus more for sprinkling on top of the bread after baking
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray three 5x3x2-inch mini loaf pans very well with floured cooking spray or grease and flour the pans; set aside.
- Crumble Topping - To a medium bowl, add the flour, sugars, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and stir with a fork to combine.
- Drizzle in the melted butter and mix and fluff with the fork to combine until small pebbles form; set aside.
- Bread - To a large bowl add the flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and whisk together; set aside.
- To a separate large bowl add the sugars, pumpkin, oil, milk, molasses, vanilla, and whisk until combined.
- Pour the wet pumpkin mixture over the dry ingredients, and stir until just combined; don’t overmix.
- Add the pecans and stir to combine.
- Evenly distribute batter between the 3 prepared pans, filling each about 2/3-full.
- Evenly sprinkle the crumble topping over each of the pans.
- Bake for about 30 to 34 minutes, or until tops are set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter. Because all mini pans, ovens, and climates vary, baking times may vary.
- After baking, optionally sprinkle the top of each loaf with a few pecans. Allow the bread to cool in pans for about 15 minutes before removing and placing on a wire rack to cool completely. Bread will keep airtight at room temp for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months.
If you want to make this recipe as a full-size 9x5-inch loaf, it'll likely need about 50-55 minutes to bake.
Muffins will require about 18-24 minutes.
As with any type of baking, watch your baked goods and not the clock when it comes to determining if they're done or not.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 291Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 188mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 3g
Favorite Pumpkin Recipes
Cooking With Pumpkin: Recipes That Go Beyond the Pie is my second cookbook and was released October, 2014.. There’s over 50 pumpkin recipes including sweets, savory, drinks, and a photo for nearly every recipe. I’d be super grateful if you headed over to Amazon.
Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Bread — Super soft, tender, moist pumpkin bread with a slightly crunchy cinnamon sugar topping!! The mini loaves are EASY, brimming will fall flavors, totally IRRESISTIBLE, and accidentally vegan!!
Mini Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread — Super soft, tender, moist pumpkin bread that’s loaded with chocolate chips!! The mini loaves are EASY, brimming will fall flavors, totally IRRESISTIBLE, and accidentally vegan!!
Pumpkin Coffee Cake — A FAST and EASY no-mixer pumpkin coffee cake with rich pumpkin flavor!! Super soft, tender, and topped with the BEST crumble topping that you’ll fall in love with! Great for brunches and holiday entertaining!!
Cinnamon Sugar Mini Pumpkin Muffins – These mini pumpkin muffins are coated in cinnamon sugar and are bursting with fall flavor! Even better, they’re accidentally vegan!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake – This soft and moist pumpkin cake is loaded with chocolate in every bite!! An EASY one-bowl fall dessert that’s perfect for impromptu entertaining or anytime a pumpkin craving strikes!!
Easy Pumpkin Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting — Soft, moist, and bursting with pumpkin flavor! You’ll want the frosting by the spoonful!
Soft Vegan Pumpkin Cake with Pumpkin Spice Buttercream Frosting – Fast, easy cake you’ll never guess is vegan!
Pumpkin Caramel Poke Cake — Easy and the BEST PUMPKIN CAKE ever!! Two kinds of CARAMEL sauce, TOFFEE bits, CHOCOLATE CHIPS, whipped topping and more!! A total WINNER you must make!!
Cream Cheese-Filled Pumpkin Bread – Pumpkin bread that’s like having cheesecake baked in! Soft, fluffy, easy and tastes ahhhh-mazing!
Soft Vegan Pumpkin Bread with Brown Sugar Streusel Crust – You won’t miss the eggs or the butter in this fast and easy bread with a great streusel crust!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread – Super soft, moist, rich pumpkin flavor, and loaded with chocolate chips! Easy, no mixer recipe that’s the best!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake with Chocolate Ganache – One of my favorite cakes of ALL TIME! A must-make!
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting – Small batch recipe of just 6 cupcakes when you have just a little leftover pumpkin puree to use!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins – You’ll never miss the eggs or butter! Easy, soft, fluffy and so good!
Oatmeal To-Go Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins – Like having a bowl of warm pumpkin oatmeal in portable muffin form! Fast and easy!
Buttery Pecan Pumpkin Spice Cookies – Buttery soft dough with big chunky pecans in every bite! Salty-and-sweet and so hard to resist!
Soft and Puffy Pumpkin Spice Honey Cookies – Super soft cookies that just melt in your mouth! You’re going to love these puffy cuties!
Pumpkin Whoopie Pies – Soft, tender cookies with a sweet buttercream filling! Easy and irresistible!
Post is brought to you by Fisher Nuts. The recipe, video, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own.