Pumpkin Nut Bread with Crumble Topping — Super soft, tender, moist pumpkin bread with a pecan crumble topping!! The mini loaves are EASY, brimming will fall flavors, totally IRRESISTIBLE, and perfect for entertaining or gift-giving!!
Mini Pumpkin Nut Bread Loaves
These mini pumpkin pecan bread loaves with crumble topping is fast, easy, you don’t need a mixer, and tastes more like cake than bread. I’ll never complain about eating cake, err bread, for breakfast.
The bread is so soft, tender, ridiculously moist without being dense or heavy, and topped with a delectable crumble topping that I want to pick off and devour piece by piece from every loaf.
In past years I’ve made this Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Bread and Mini Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread, and those recipes have become some of my hottest fall recipes on my blog, Pinterest, and on Facebook. This video showing you just how I make the bread has been watched 11 million times and counting.
For this recipe, I added Fisher Pecan Halves to the bread and to the crumble topping. Last year I made this Pumpkin Crumb Coffee Cake in partnership with Fisher Nuts using their pecans and it’s one of my favorite fall coffee cakes.
Fisher recipe nuts are a wonderful way to add flavor and texture to any dish without adding preservatives or salt. When baking and cooking with nuts this holiday season, you want to make sure to use the freshest and best possible nuts available. All Fisher recipe nuts are non-GMO Project Verified. Look for their stand-up resealable bag and enjoy the taste of these high-quality walnuts, pecans, and almonds.
I’ve been working with Fisher Nuts for years. Check out this Sweet Potato Casserole with Butter Pecan Topping and these Sea Salt Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies that I’ve made using their pecans.
The great thing about this recipe is that you can use it to make mini loaves, one large loaf, or muffins! These mini pumpkin loaves are perfect for gift giving or as something to set out during your holiday parties.
What’s in This Pumpkin Nut Bread?
To make this pumpkin bread from scratch with the crumble topping, you’ll see it’s a very short and sweet ingredients list. All you will need is:
- White and brown sugar
- Fisher Pecan Halves (Fisher Pecan Halves and Pieces may be used)
- Pumpkin puree
- Oil (canola or vegetable)
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Baking soda, baking powder, salt
I want to point out that other than the 3 tablespoons of butter in the crumble topping, this is a vegan recipe. No eggs and no butter are in the bread itself which may come in handy for some people. To keep it vegan you can either skip the crumble topping altogether or swap out the 3 tablespoons of butter for a vegan buttery substitute.
How to Make Mini Pumpkin Nut Bread Loaves
To make the moist pumpkin bread, simply combine the wet ingredients in one bowl and the dry in another. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix to combine.
Gently fold in the pecans, then turn the batter into three greased mini loaf pans.
Then, make the easy crumble topping and sprinkle over the loaves (the recipe card below walks you through how to make crumble topping).
Bake the pumpkin streusel bread until the tops are set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter.
What Mini Loaf Pans Do You Use?
I think mini food is not only irresistibly cute but things bake more quickly and more evenly in them. I used three of these mini loaf pans and if you don’t have a set of mini loaf pans and you’re even somewhat of a baker, I recommend buying a set.
They come in handy all the time for extra batter. For example when a muffin recipe makes 14 instead of 12. Pour that extra batter in a mini loaf and bake it alongside the muffin pan.
Can I Make This as a Regular Bread Loaf?
If you want to make this pumpkin pecan bread recipe as a full-size 9×5-inch loaf, it’ll likely need about 50-55 minutes to bake. As with any type of baking, watch your baked goods and not the clock when it comes to determining if they’re done or not.
Can I Make This Recipe Into Muffins?
Yes, muffins will require about 18-24 minutes in the oven.
Tips for Making Pumpkin Streusel Bread
- First and foremost, make sure you use pure pumpkin puree and NOT pumpkin pie filling. Pumpkin pie filling is sweetened and spiced and will result in overly sweet pumpkin bread.
- Feel free to add more pumpkin pie spice, if desired. Some of us are major pumpkin fiends. Ahem.
- You can always add more pecans to the bread batter. If you love the extra crunch and flavor of pecans, go for it.
- After the bread is done baking, you can sprinkle some pecans over the top. I tried to incorporate them into the crumble topping but they were burning since this bread needs to bake at 400F, so after baking is the way to go.
- Lastly, you need to let this bread cool before serving it. I know it’s tempting to dig in right away but the crumble topping crisps up as it cools, so I highly recommend waiting until cooled to devour.
Pin This Recipe
Mini Crumble Topping Pumpkin Bread
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 1 to 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil, canola oil, or liquid-state coconut oil (melt in micro if necessary to liquify)
- ¼ cup milk, regular, soy, almond, etc.
- 2 tablespoons mild or medium molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup Fisher Pecan Halves, lightly chopped (or Fisher Pecan Halves and Pieces may be used), plus more for sprinkling on top of the bread after baking
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray three 5x3x2-inch mini loaf pans very well with floured cooking spray or grease and flour the pans; set aside.
- To a medium bowl, add the flour, sugars, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and stir with a fork to combine.
- Drizzle in the melted butter and mix and fluff with the fork to combine until small pebbles form; set aside.
- To a large bowl add the flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and whisk together; set aside.
- To a separate large bowl add the sugars, pumpkin, oil, milk, molasses, vanilla, and whisk until combined.
- Pour the wet pumpkin mixture over the dry ingredients, and stir until just combined; don’t overmix.
- Add the pecans and stir to combine.
- Evenly distribute batter between the 3 prepared pans, filling each about 2/3-full.
- Evenly sprinkle the crumble topping over each of the pans.
- Bake for about 30 to 34 minutes, or until tops are set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter. Because all mini pans, ovens, and climates vary, baking times may vary.
- After baking, optionally sprinkle the top of each loaf with a few pecans.
- Allow the bread to cool in pans for about 15 minutes before removing and placing on a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
©averiecooks.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
More Pumpkin Recipes:
Cooking With Pumpkin: Recipes That Go Beyond the Pie is my second cookbook and was released October, 2014.. There’s over 50 pumpkin recipes including sweets, savory, drinks, and a photo for nearly every recipe. I’d be super grateful if you headed over to Amazon.
Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Bread — Super soft, tender, moist pumpkin bread with a slightly crunchy cinnamon sugar topping!! The mini loaves are EASY, brimming will fall flavors, totally IRRESISTIBLE, and accidentally vegan!!
Mini Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread — Super soft, tender, moist pumpkin bread that’s loaded with chocolate chips!! The mini loaves are EASY, brimming will fall flavors, totally IRRESISTIBLE, and accidentally vegan!!
Cream Cheese-Filled Pumpkin Bread – Pumpkin bread that’s like having cheesecake baked in! Soft, fluffy, easy and tastes ahhhh-mazing!
Soft Vegan Pumpkin Bread with Brown Sugar Streusel Crust – You won’t miss the eggs or the butter in this fast and easy bread with a great streusel crust!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread – Super soft, moist, rich pumpkin flavor, and loaded with chocolate chips! Easy, no mixer recipe that’s the best!
Pumpkin Coffee Cake — A FAST and EASY no-mixer pumpkin coffee cake with rich pumpkin flavor!! Super soft, tender, and topped with the BEST crumble topping that you’ll fall in love with! Great for brunches and holiday entertaining!!
Pumpkin Caramel Poke Cake — Easy and the BEST PUMPKIN CAKE ever!! Two kinds of CARAMEL sauce, TOFFEE bits, CHOCOLATE CHIPS, whipped topping and more!! A total WINNER you must make!!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins – You’ll never miss the eggs or butter! Easy, soft, fluffy and so good!
Oatmeal To-Go Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins – Like having a bowl of warm pumpkin oatmeal in portable muffin form! Fast and easy!
Post is brought to you by Fisher Nuts. The recipe, video, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own.