Morning Glory Mini Blender Muffins
Morning Glory Mini Blender Muffins – They’re gluten-free, low sugar, so EASY because they’re made in the blender, and taste AMAZING!! You’d never guess they’re HEALTHY because they’re so moist and flavorful!! Perfect for breakfast, snacks, or as a healthy dessert!!
What’s In The Morning Glory Muffins
- Old-Fashioned Whole Rolled Oats – If it’s important to you, make sure they’re certified gluten-free. I don’t know how quick cook or other types of oats will work but if you start out with 2 cups of dry whole-rolled oats, your muffins will come out wonderfully.
- Eggs – I have not tried to make this recipe egg-free (vegan) however my guess is that with a flax egg or powdered egg-replacer, it’s do-able.
- Unsweetened Applesauce
- Brown Sugar
- Grated Carrots – Grate the carrots yourself on a the coarsest blade of a box grater. Don’t use pre-grated carrots in a bag because they have a texture that is not great for baking.
- Raisins – Omit if you don’t like raisins.
- Nuts, Chocolate Chips, Currants, Coconut Flakes on top, etc. – Incorporate based on your personal taste preferences.
How To Make The Morning Glory Muffins
These are some of the easiest muffins ever because literally everything gets mixed in your blender. I used my high-speed blender but other blenders strong enough to finely grind whole-rolled oats should be find. You could probably use a food processor too but I haven’t tested it.
Simply grind the oats, then add all the other ingredients except for the carrots and raisins which are stirred in by hand. Bake and devour.
Mini Muffins Vs. Full-Size Muffins Vs. Loaves
I have always said this, but I swear mini food tastes better. There’s something about the texture and they are just so easy to pop. If you have mini muffins pans, now is the time to break them out.
If not, a regular size muffin pan will be fine, noting you’re going to need to bake longer. I baked my mini muffins for 17 minutes, and I would guess that in a regular muffin pan, they’ll take about 25 minutes.
You can also bake this batter in mini loaf pans. After I filled up my mini muffins pans (24 muffins) I had enough batter leftover for one mini loaf. Mini loaf pans are great for those times where you have too much batter to discard, or have ran out of your other muffin pans, or ran out of oven space. Just tuck the mini loaf pan next to your muffin pans in the oven, problem solved.
Based on whether you’re baking mini muffins, regular sized muffins, mini loaves, or a full size 9×5-inch loaf, the baking times will vary. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out nearly clean.
The muffins rise, but not excessively, and so you can fill your muffins pans nearly to 3/4-full without worry about them overflowing.
How Do The Blender Muffins Taste?
I absolutely adored these muffins and at five immediately out of the oven, no shame. I love baked goods with a lot of texture so between the chewy raisins and carrots, I was literally in my morning glory.
Remember you can add/omit things like raisins, nuts, other dried fruit, etc. to your liking.
Combined with knowing they were a healthier alternative, sweetened with applesauce, and there is only 2/3 cup sugar for the whole batch, these are muffins I want to keep on hand in the freezer to pull out for breakfast, snacks, or when I want something sweet without guilt.
I couldn’t resist adding some butter though. But even that was healthier. It was an avocado-based buttery spread. I was feeling so healthy I proceeded to snack on them all day along with my daughter. Whoops.
- 2 cups old-fashioned whole rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) unsweetened applesauce (I used cinnamon applesauce)
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups very loosely packed shredded carrots (from about 1 extra-large carrot, peeled)
- 3/4 cup raisins, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray mini muffin pans with floured cooking spray (or regular cooking spray); set aside.
- To the canister of a high speed blender, add the oats and grind into a fine powder, about 30 seconds.
- Add the cinnamon, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and mix for a few seconds to incorporate.
- Add the eggs, applesauce, brown sugar, oil, vanilla, and mix briefly to combine.
- Add the carrots, raisins, and stir in by hand with a spoon.
- Fill the prepared muffin tin cavities to just under 3/4 of the way full and bake for about 17 minutes, or until done and a toothpick comes out mostly clean and the muffin is springy and set to the touch. Allow muffins to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, or until cool enough to remove. Note - Exact baking times will depend on how big your muffin pan cavities are, how many pans you have in your oven at once, climate and oven variances, etc. Watch your food and not the clock in order to determine how long to bake. Muffins will keep airtight at room temp for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 75Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 59mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g
Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Mini Blender Muffins (GF) – No refined sugar, flour, or oil, and under 100 calories! They taste amazing and so easy!
Flourless Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Mini Blender Muffins (GF) – No refined sugar, flour, oil, and only 75 calories! They taste amazing!
Mini Flourless Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Blender Muffins – The EASIEST pumpkin muffins ever!! Everything is mixed together in your blender! Super soft, moist, brimming with bold pumpkin flavor, and chocolate chips in every bite!! DELISH!!
Vegan Carrot Cake Muffins – Fast, EASY, accidentally vegan muffins that are bursting with authentic carrot cake flavor!! If you’re looking for a healthier carrot cake recipe that tastes AMAZING, make these muffins immediately!!
Skinny Mini Sweet Potato Muffins – ONLY 64 calories each!! Soft, super moist, EASY, and picky-eater approved!! Accidentally vegan but you’d never know it because they taste AMAZING!!