Morning Workout Tips
This post may contain affiliate links.
Is your weekend off to a good start?
Most of my days start with a workout. I have posted about my 20 minute at-home workout moves.
It was really important for me a few months ago to streamline what I was doing for my workouts between cardio, yoga, lifting, core work, abs, and more. And make it all fit into a nice, neat, and time-efficient package.
20 minutes of cardio (run or walk outdoors, I don’t do machines) + 20 minutes for everything else (yoga, lifting, core, etc) = 40 minutes. That’s all the time I have.
And here’s all the gear I have: a pair of 12’s, a medicine ball, an exercise ball, and a yoga mat. That’s all I use.
And after a sweat-session, here I am.
I enjoyed a few No-Bake Vegan Maple Flaxseed Cookies as a snack yesterday. Nothing like getting some good flax in your life: Healthy fat? Check. Fiber? Check. Taste? Check. Easy and Fast? Check.
And I also made a fresh batch of Green Tea & Honey Ginger Tofu
From my last post, it was fun to hear if you like to make plans on the weekends, or if you like to just wing it.
And for the photography buffs, I am glad you enjoyed my camera lens review and thanks for filling me in on lenses you love.
Vegan Coconut Banana Cookie Bites
You can make these in the oven or dehydrator.
1. Best thing you’ve ate or done so far this weekend?
The power walk I plan to do with Scott and Skylar that I’ve been looking forward to and enjoying the sunshine!
2. Do you prefer to workout in the morning, afternoon, evening, or does it vary for you?
I have found based on my schedule that if I don’t workout in the morning, the day gets away from me and it doesn’t happen. Something always comes up that’s more “pressing” than working out.
So as much as I really would prefer to work out at about 5pm, that’s not a reality for me based on the flow of work and family life, so I do it in the mornings.
3. Any tips for working out in the morning (especially if you’re not a morning person) that you want to share? Or vice versa for evenings?
My tips for working out in the morning even if that’s not when you’re feeling at your peak are:
1. You will feel better all day knowing you did it and it’s done!
2. Just give it a try and start and if you are hating it after 10 minutes or not into it, you can always quit. Most of the time your endorphins will kick in and you won’t want to bail but the option is there.
3. Have everything lined up and ready to go the night before, i.e. clothes, shoes, sports bra, ipod, whatever you work out with, have it layed out and lined up.
4. Do not do something that you know will suck you in. For me, this is email. If I sit down to check email, tons of things pop up that I feel compelled to reply to or handle, time gets away from me, and I fritter away my workout window.
5. Know how to fuel yourself properly. Know if you should eat, not eat, drink water or not, drink coffee or an energy drink or not. Figure out what works for you.
6. Realize that you may not get the best workout of your life in at 6am or whatever “first thing in the morning” means for you because really who would? But something is better than nothing and cut yourself some slack if morning workouts aren’t always “amazing”.
7. Be consistent! You’re never going to overcome the hump of re-training your body for morning workouts if you are inconsistent.
What are your tips?
See you later and enjoy your weekend!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.