Nutella-Stuffed Chocolate Chip Blondies
Nearly three years ago I made Nutella-Swirled Peanut Butter Blondies on a whim.
I was traveling and it was an easy recipe to make in a temperamental oven and in a hot and humid climate where running the oven for more than 25 minutes wasn’t happening.
So here we are and I’ve made many other Nutella recipes since then and it’s time for another. Rather than just swirling Nutella into blondies I straight up stuffed them with it. You can never have too much Nutella.MY OTHER RECIPES
I used my trusty blondie base. With 30+ versions and counting, it never lets me down.
It’s an easy recipe to memorize because everything is ‘one’. In the 1 bowl used, melt 1 stick of butter, stir in 1 egg, 1 cup of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon vanilla, and 1 cup flour.
Except this time I double the recipe and changed everything to ‘two’ so there’s enough batter for a base layer and a top layer to cover the Nutella sandwiched in between.
I topped the blondies with chocolate chips for good measure.
The blondies are super soft, slightly chewy, buttery, and the Nutella in the middle is gooey, decadent, and wonderful. Although they’re not brownies, they have a brownie-like crackly top which is texture heaven for me.
Nutella-Stuffed Chocolate Chip Blondies
Rather than swirling Nutella into blondies I stuffed them with it because you can never have too much Nutella. I doubled my trusty blondie base so there’s enough batter for a base layer and a top layer to cover the Nutella sandwiched in between. The blondies are super soft, slightly chewy, buttery, and the Nutella in the middle is gooey, decadent, and wonderful with the texture of a perfect crackly brownie-like top.
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- one 13-ounce jar Nutella
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large, microwave-safe bowl add the butter and heat to melt, about 1 minute on high power.
- Wait momentarily before adding the eggs so you don’t scramble them. Add the eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour, salt, and stir until just combined, don’t overmix.
- Turn half the batter out into prepared pan; set remaining batter aside.
- To a medium, microwave-safe bowl add the Nutella and heat to soften, about 10 to 15 seconds on high power. Take care not to melt it, just soften it. Heating makes it easier to spread in step 7. You can also microwave the jar of Nutella itself if you’re extra careful to peel away the foil seal.
- Turn Nutella out into the pan and spread into an even, smooth layer.
- Turn remaining batter out over the Nutella. I find it easiest to add heaping rounded tablespoon-sized blobs and use a spatula to smooth them together.
- Evenly top with chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, or until top is set in center and done; don’t overbake as they taste best when they’re slightly underbaked. A toothpick test is unreliable because you will hit melted Nutella. Blondies firm up as they cool. Place pan on a wire rack to cool for at least 90 minutes before slicing and serving. Blondies will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Nutella-Swirled Peanut Butter Chip Blondies – Easy one-bowl, no mixer recipe that’s loaded with peanut butter chips and Nutella! Super soft and gooey!
Fudgy Nutella Triple Chocolate Brownies – NO eggs, NO oil, NO gluten and you’ll never miss them!!! Stuffed with Nutella, chocolate chips, and topped hot fudge! Fast, easy, and tastes amazing!
Rolo Chocolate Chip Blondies – Gooey caramel, chocolate chips, and buttery soft dough! Easy, one-bowl, no-mixer recipe that’s a guaranteed hit! Who can resist caramel and chocolate!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars – Super soft bars that just melt in your mouth from all the PB! And all the chocolate!
Nutella Cinnamon Rolls with Vanilla Glaze – Nutella-stuffed cinnamon rolls that are ridiculously easy thanks to a speedy shortcut! Great for holiday breakfasts and brunches!
Soft & Chewy Nutella White Chocolate Chip Cookies – Thick, rich, chocolaty cookies that are so soft you won’t be able to resist them!