Soft and Chewy Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links.
Sometimes I think I have a new recipe idea only to realize I made something similar years ago.
It happened to me with the idea for these cookies.
Since I have a recipe for Soft and Chewy Nutella White Chocolate Chip Cookies that I love, I knew it would be perfect with just semi-sweet chocolate chips and no white chocolate. I also bumped up the amount of Nutella. The more the merrier.
The cookies are pillowy soft in the center, chewy around the edges, and Nutella keeps them super soft and moist.
They’re rich, decadent, dense, and perfectly thick.
Make sure to chill your dough so your cookies bake up into thick, beautiful, bakery-style cookies.
Cornstarch add softness that you’re going to love and unlike some chocolate cookies that dry out, between the Nutella and cornstarch these stay soft for days. Just don’t overbake.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup Nutella (stir well before adding)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 3/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- To the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or large mixing bowl and electric mixer) add the butter, Nutella, sugars, egg, vanilla, and beat on medium-high speed until creamed and well combined, about 4 minutes.
- Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, optional salt, and beat on low speed until just combined, about 1 minute.
- Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the chocolate chips, and beat on low speed until just combined, about 30 seconds.
- Using a large cookie scoop, 1/4-cup measure, or your hands, form approximately 16 equal-sized mounds of dough, roll into balls, and flatten slightly. Tip – Strategically place a few chocolate chips on top of each mound of dough by taking chips from the underside and adding them on top.
- Preheat oven to 350F, line a baking sheet with a Silpat or spray with cooking spray. Place dough mounds on baking sheet, spaced at least 2 inches apart (I bake 8 cookies per sheet) and bake for about 9 to 10 minutes, or until edges have set and tops are just set, even if slightly undercooked and glossy in the center; don’t overbake. Cookies firm up as they cool. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for about 10 minutes before serving. I let them cool on the baking sheet and don’t use a rack.
- Cookies will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 6 months. Alternatively, unbaked cookie dough can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 4 months, so consider baking only as many cookies as desired and save the remaining dough to be baked in the future when desired.
Adapted from Soft and Chewy Nutella White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 272Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 157mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 2gSugar: 23gProtein: 3g
Soft and Chewy Nutella White Chocolate Chip Cookies – Thick, rich, chocolaty cookies that are so soft you won’t be able to resist them!
Nutella Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies – Nutella and peanut butter are used in the dough based, along with big chocolate chunks
Quadruple Chocolate Soft Fudgy Pudding Cookies – For true chocolate lovers, these super soft cookies are loaded with chocolate!
Hot Chocolate Cookies – Rich chocolate cookies topped with a hunk of melted dark chocolate and toasted marshmallows! Best ‘hot chocolate’ you’ll ever have!
Softbatch Cream Cheese Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Cookies – Cream cheese keeps them super soft! Say hello to one amazing chocolate cookie!
Chocolate Ganache Chocolate Cookies – A chocaholic’s dream: Soft chocolate cookies with chocolate chips, cocoa, and topped with fudgy chocolate ganache! Rich, decadent, and heavenly!
Peppermint Patty Chocolate Cookies – Very chocolaty, ultra fudgy, and loaded with chocolate chips and peppermint patties!! If you love mint + chocolate, you’ll adore these easy, soft, and decadent chocolate bombs!
Soft Frosted Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Sprinkles Cookies – Soft, chewy, very chocolaty cookies topped with tangy cream cheese frosting! A match made in heaven! Everything’s better with sprinkles!
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies – Soft, ultra fudgy and there’s NO butter and NO mixer needed! So easy and the crinkles make them irresistible!
Mounds Bar Chocolate Coconut Cake Mix Cookies – Chocolate and coconut is a winning combination in these goofproof chocolate cake mix cookies that are so soft and moist
Dark Chocolate Chunk and Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies – Rich, soft chocolate cookies with chocolate chunks and peanut butter chips
Thick and Soft Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies – Richly and intensely chocolate-flavored cookies with NO Flour, NO Butter, and NO White sugar used. They’re thick, dense, soft, chewy and almost brownie-like!
Soft and Chewy Brownie Cookies – A soft, scrumptious, and nearly flourless brownie-like batter is baked into cookies that are rich, decadent, and lined with hidden chunks of dark chocolate!
Quintuple Chocolate Fudgy Brownie Cookies – For the ultimate chocolate lover, there’s chocolate five times: Cocoa powder, melted bittersweet baking chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate chips, diced chocolate and caramel-filled truffles, and chocolate-filled Oreos!
Andes Mint Chip Soft Fudgy Chocolate Cookies – Big, thick, fudgy chocolate cookies with a hint of mint and loads of chocolate in every bite!
Caramel-Stuffed Quadruple Chocolate Cookies – Soft and chewy cookies with four kinds of chocolate and so much gooey caramel!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.