Peanut Butter Apple Banana Bread
This post may contain affiliate links.
Peanut Butter Apple Banana Bread — Jazz up regular banana bread with peanut butter and apples! A perfect combo that tastes amazing together!! Fast, easy, no mixer required, and a hit with everyone!
PB Apple Banana Bread Recipe
Peanut butter and apples go together. Peanut butter and bananas go together. Apples and bananas go together. It all works so well together.
This apple banana bread recipe combines some of my favorite ingredients into one super soft, moist loaf that’s filled with harmonious flavors and wonderful textures in every bite. I have over 40 different recipes for banana bread and dozens more for banana muffins and banana cakes, but I’ve never tried this combo and I’m so glad I did.
The peanut butter flavor doesn’t overwhelm the homey taste of banana bread, with some apple flavor coming through. It’s a fast, easy, no mixer recipe and because I used oil there’s no butter to cream and no mixer to dirty. Oil keeps bread softer and springier than butter, and I prefer it.
Baking with bananas and apples adds so much moisture that it’s impossible to have a dry loaf. Throw in peanut butter and peanut butter chips and you’re destined for success. My family said this is the best banana bread I’ve ever made. Until next month. But for now, I’ll take the compliment.
What’s in PB Apple Banana Bread?
To make this one bowl banana bread recipe, you’ll need:
- Light brown sugar
- Canola oil
- Granulated sugar
- Sour cream
- Creamy peanut butter
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder and baking soda
- Mashed bananas
- Grated apple
- Peanut butter chips
How to Make PB Apple Banana Bread
This is such a quick banana bread recipe and it requires minimal effort to make! Simply whisk together the sugar and the wet ingredients, then gently stir in the dry ingredients. Fold in the mashed bananas, grated apple, and peanut butter chips.
Turn the batter into a greased 9×5-inch loaf pan, then bake until the top is golden, the center is set, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter.
How to Store Banana Bread
This PB apple banana bread can be stored at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Tips for Making Apple Banana Bread
I recommend using a store-bought peanut butter like Jif or Skippy for this one bowl banana bread recipe rather than a natural or homemade peanut butter. Natural peanut butters are usually too oily for this recipe.
Note that your bananas should be quite ripe when you mash them. The riper they are, the moister and sweeter they’ll be.
You may need to tent the pan with a sheet of foil draped loosely over it in the last 10 to 15 minutes of baking to prevent the top and sides from becoming overly browned before the center cooks through. Baking times will vary based on moisture content of bananas, apples, climate, and oven variances.
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil (liquid-state coconut oil may be substituted)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream (lite is okay; or Greek yogurt may be substituted)
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large or 3 small bananas)
- 1 cup grated apples (about 2 small or 1 extra-large grated on the coarsest blade of a box grater; I used unpeeled gala apples)
- 1 cup peanut butter chips (butterscotch chips or a mix-and-match combination of peanut butter and butterscotch chips may be used)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray one 9×5-inch loaf pan with floured cooking spray, or grease and flour the pan; set aside.
- To a large bowl, add the the first seven ingredients, through vanilla, and whisk to combine.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and fold with spatula or stir gently with a spoon until just combined; don’t overmix.
- Add the bananas, apples, and fold gently to combine.
- Add the peanut butter chips and fold gently to combine.
- Turn batter out into the prepared pan , smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
- Bake for about 60 to 65 minutes (I baked 63 minutes) or until the top is golden, the center is set, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter. **
- Allow bread to cool in pan for about 15 minutes before turning out on a wire rack to cool completely before slicing and serving.
- Optionally, serve with or glaze with Peanut Butter, Honey Butter, Vanilla Bean Browned Butter Glaze, or Cream Cheese Glaze.
- **Tip – Tent the pan with a sheet of foil draped loosely over it in the last 10 to 15 minutes of baking to prevent top and sides from becoming overly browned before center cooks through. Baking times will vary based on moisture content of bananas, apples, climate, and oven variances. Bake until done; watch your bread, not the clock and don’t worry if it takes longer to bake than the baking estimates provided.
- Bread will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Adapted from The Best Strawberry Bread and Zucchini Banana Bread.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 396Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 309mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 3gSugar: 27gProtein: 8g
More Banana Bread Recipes:
Zucchini Banana Bread – Soft, super moist, easy, no mixer needed! Jazz up regular banana bread by adding zucchini and it’s healthier, too!
Cream Cheese-Filled Banana Bread – Banana bread that’s like having cheesecake baked in! Soft, fluffy, easy and tastes ahhhh-mazing!
Browned Butter Buttermilk Banana Bread with Strawberry Butter – The browned butter and buttermilk add richness, softness, and moisture, and the strawberry butter makes it that much better!
Pineapple Coconut Oil Banana Bread – Buttermilk, bananas and coconut oil keep this bread super moist, tender and it tastes like a tropical vacation!
Brown Sugar Blueberry Banana Bread with Blueberry Butter – Blueberry coffee cake meets super soft banana bread!
Flour’s Famous Banana Bread – Made with Flour Bakery’s famous recipe to see if it lives up to the hype. Verdict? Make it!
Six-Banana Banana Bread – Six bananas in one loaf of bread means an extremely soft, moist, and richly flavored bread!
The Best Strawberry Banana Bread – Super soft, moist bread with tons of juicy strawberries! Easy, no-mixer recipe, and the best use for ripe bananas!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.