Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Cups
Who can resist soft, thick, peanut butter cookies with peanut butter cups? I sure can’t.
The recipe is fast, easy, and goofproof. It’s a one-bowl, no-mixer recipe and you don’t even need to chill the dough.
Normally you want to chill cookie dough so it doesn’t spread but since these cookies are baked in a muffin pan, the dough is contained and there’s no need to chill it.
They’re rich, dense, and there’s plenty of peanut butter flavor between the cookies themselves and the glorious peanut butter cups.
The texture contrast between the soft yet slightly chewy cookies and the smooth peanut butter cups makes them so irresistible.
Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Cups
Who can resist soft, thick, peanut butter cookies with peanut butter cups? I sure can’t. The recipe is fast, easy, and goofproof. It’s a one-bowl, no-mixer recipe and you don’t even need to chill the dough. The cookies are baked in a muffin pan and the dough is contained so there’s no need to chill it. The cookies are rich, dense, and there’s plenty of peanut butter flavor between the cookies themselves and the glorious peanut butter cups. The texture contrast between the soft yet slightly chewy cookies and the smooth peanut butter cups makes them so irresistible.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- heaping 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (not ‘natural’ and not homemade, they’re too runny)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 15 mini peanut butter cups, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 12-count standard-sized muffin pan extremely well with floured cooking spray or grease and flour the pan; set pan aside.
- To a large, microwave-safe bowl, add the butter and heat on high power to melt, about 1 minute.
- Wait momentarily before adding the egg so you don’t scramble it. Add the egg, brown sugar, peanut butter, granulated sugar, vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and stir until just combined; don’t overmix.
- Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop or your hands, form approximately 15 equal-sized mounds of dough and place one mound of dough into each cavity of the muffin pan. (Rather than using a second muffin pan for the remaining 3 mounds of dough, I baked the last 3 cookies on a baking sheet lined with a Silpat for 8 minutes.)
- Bake for 12 to 13 minutes, or until tops have set and are pale golden. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter.
- Press 1 peanut butter cup into the center of each cookie.
- Allow cookies to cool in pan for at least 15 minutes before removing them. If they have stuck to the pan, gently wedge the tip of a soft spatula into the muffin cavity to dislodge the cookies or gently rim with a paring knife. Cookies will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Adapted from Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups
All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
I wrote a Peanut Butter Cookbook with 100+ recipes using Peanut Butter!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups – Supremely soft cookies and impossible to spread or goof up! Ready in 20 minutes!
Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups – Prone to cookies that spread? It’s impossible with these! Thick, soft, and chewy cookies baked in a muffin pan that are so rich from the browned butter!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies – There’s NO Flour, NO Butter, and NO White sugar used! Soft, chewy, and oozing with dark chocolate!
Peanut Butter Cup Peanut Butter Bars – Loaded with peanut butter, peanut butter cups and chocolate! Soft, gooey and totally irresistible! Everything’s better with peanut butter cups!
Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Brownies – Fudgy brownies with a layer of peanut butter cheesecake and topped with peanuts and peanut butter cups!! Rich, decadent, and amazing! A must-make for all peanut butter lovers!!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars – Super soft bars that just melt in your mouth from all the peanut butter! And all the chocolate!
Fudgy Peanut Butter Cup Brownies – Easy, one-bowl, no mixer brownies with a full-size peanut butter cup in every brownie! As fast as using mix and tastes way better!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookie Bars – Soft peanut butter bars with big chunks of chocolate in every bite! Faster and easier than making cookies!
Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Dough Crumble Bars – Super soft bars with peanut butter cups and a sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter sauce drizzled over the top!