Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies — Soft and chewy peanut butter cookies loaded with chocolate chips!! The combination of peanut butter and chocolate is IRRESISTIBLE!!
Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
I’ve never met a peanut butter cookie I didn’t like. Between dozens on my blog and many more in my first cookbook, I can never have too many recipes for them. These soft and chewy cookies loaded with chocolate chips are right up my alley.
I used the new Peter Pan® Simply Ground Peanut Butter. It’s no-stir and spreads like a creamy peanut butter but has a crunch-like texture. The consistency is like peanut butter ground by hand but without the hassle. It’s creamy with a bit of crunch. The subtle crunch of the peanut butter gives the cookies a slight nutty texture.
And the fun name reminds me of all the dozens and dozens of times I’ve rode the Peter Pan ride at Disneyworld and Disneyland, both as a kid and as a mom taking my kid, and wishing I had some of these cookies to snack on while waiting in line.
If you’re like me and can’t resist the combination of peanut butter and chocolate, you’re going to love these simple peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.
I took the cookies to a party and they were gone in minutes. Never mind that my daughter ate five and declared they’re one of her new favorite cookies.
What’s in Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies?
To make these soft peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, you’ll need:
- Unsalted butter
- Light brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Peter Pan Simply Ground Original Peanut Butter
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is such an easy peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe! Simply cream together the egg, butter, and sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in the wet ingredients, followed by the dry and fold in the chocolate chips last.
Form the dough into 18 equal-sized balls and chill for at least 3 hours before baking.
Once the dough has had time to chill, bake until the edges have set and the tops are just set, even if slightly undercooked, pale, and glossy in the center.
Can I Use Natural Peanut Butter?
No, you want to use a traditional no-stir peanut butter in this recipe. Natural peanut butter will make the cookies too oily.
How to Store the Cookies
The peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 6 months. Alternatively, unbaked cookie dough can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Tips for Making the Best Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
I used all semi-sweet chocolate chips to make this recipe, but you’re welcome to use any kind you’d like.
Likewise, you can use different mix-ins altogether if desired. You have room for about 1 1/2 cups mix-ins total. Think: chopped nuts, candy bars, etc.
Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes before serving. This gives them time to set and the texture is best at this stage, in my opinion.
Pin This Recipe
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- heaping 3/4 cup Peter Pan Simply Ground Original Peanut Butter®
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- To the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or large bowl and electric hand mixer), add the egg, butter, sugars, and cream on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the peanut butter, vanilla, and mix on medium-high speed until incorporated, about 1 minute.
- Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the flour, baking soda, salt, and mix on low speed until just incorporated, about 1 minute; don’t overmix.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix on low speed until just incorporated.
- Using a two-tablespoon cookie scoop form approximately 18 equal-sized mounds of dough. Tip – Strategically place a few chocolate chips on top of each mound of dough by taking chips from the underside and adding them on top.
- Preheat oven to 350F, line a baking sheet with a Silpat or spray with cooking spray. Place dough mounds on baking sheet, spaced at least 2 inches apart (I bake 8 cookies per sheet).
- Bake for about 11 minutes, or until edges have set and tops are just set, even if slightly undercooked, pale, and glossy in the center; don’t overbake. Cookies firm up as they cool.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for about 10 minutes before serving. I let them cool on the baking sheet and don’t use a rack.
Storage: Cookies will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 6 months. Alternatively, unbaked cookie dough can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 4 months, so consider baking only as many cookies as desired and save the remaining dough to be baked in the future when desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 230Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 135mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 4g
More Peanut Butter Cookie Recipes:
I wrote a Peanut Butter Cookbook with 100+ recipes using Peanut Butter!
Reese’s Pieces Cookies – Peanut butter lovers’ will go nuts for these super soft cookies loaded with Reese’s Pieces and chocolate!
The Best Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies — Soft, chewy and they’ll be your new fave PB cookies! One bowl, no mixer, no butter, naturally gluten-free! Love it when something so easy tastes so amazing!
Big Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Crinkle Cookies – Super chewy, packed with PB flavor and just made for breaking apart at the crinkly seams!
Easy 4-Ingredient Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies – Soft, chewy, and made with an ingredient you’d never guess! It works and they’re perfect!!
Inside-Of-A-Peanut-Butter-Cup Cookies – Soft cookies that taste like the inside of peanut butter cups thanks to a special ingredient!
Soft and Chewy Triple Peanut Butter Cookies – PB is used 3 different ways in these melt-in-your mouth cookies! Batch size of just 8 cookies when you don’t ‘need’ dozens laying around!
Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies – 3 favorite cookies combined into 1 so you don’t have to choose!! Easy, no-mixer recipe, and always a hit!
Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Cups — Have problems with cookies spreading? It’s impossible with these easy, no-mixer, goofproof peanut butter cookies baked in a muffin tin! The peanut butter cups make them so irresistible!
Post brought to you by Peter Pan®. The recipe, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own. #SimplyGroundAdventures