Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Blondies
This post may contain affiliate links.
Cinnamon-Sugar Pumpkin Blondies — Soft pumpkin bars, cinnamon-sugary snickerdoodles, and buttery blondies rolled into one! Super good!!
Easy Pumpkin Dessert Recipe
This is the dessert trifecta jackpot. It tastes like three favorites in one. Soft pumpkin bars, cinnamon-sugary snickerdoodles, and buttery blondies rolled into one easy recipe.
The bars are super soft, moist, and full of robust pumpkin flavor. The cinnamon-sugar topping lends an awesome texture contrast to the density the pumpkin creates.
And make no mistake, they’re dense like blondies should be, rather than cakey or light. They’re for those of us who relish a thick, fudgy texture. I could see where some people would want to add baking powder or soda for some lift, but I prefer them without.
I modeled them after my Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars. It’s an easy, no-mixer, one-bowl recipe that takes just minutes to whisk together. Melted butter, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, plenty of pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon-sugar are the key ingredients.
They’re such a perfect bar for me. Simple to make, packed with flavor, and the tooth-sinkingly dense texture is amazingly satisfying.
What’s in the Pumpkin Blondies?
To make this pumpkin blondies recipe, you’ll need:
- Unsalted butter
- Light brown sugar
- Pumpkin puree
- Vanilla extract
- Pumpkin pie spice
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
How to Make Pumpkin Blondies
Whisk together the melted butter, egg, brown sugar, pumpkin, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix in the flour.
Turn the mixture into a greased 8×8-inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with cinnamon sugar.
Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter.
How to Store Pumpkin Blondies
The pumpkin spice blondies continue to get softer and moister for about 3 days after baking, noting that the cinnamon-sugar coating will melt (liquify) as time passes rather than stay granular due to the moisture from the bars.
The bars will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Can I Double This Recipe?
Yes! You can double the recipe and bake the pumpkin blondies in a 9×13-inch baking dish.
Can I Make This Recipe in a 9×9-Inch Pan?
You can bake the bars in a 9×9-inch pan, but they will be thinner (very thin, actually), therefore the cooking time will be reduced.
Can I Freeze These Blondies?
Yes, these pumpkin dessert bars freeze well. To thaw, place on your counter for a few hours. You may need to sprinkle a little more cinnamon sugar on top before serving.
Tips for Making Pumpkin Spice Blondies
Make sure to use pumpkin puree, NOT pumpkin pie filling (which has been sweetened and spiced).
The recipe only makes an 8-inch pan and if you have pumpkin fiends in your house, the bars will probably be gone in a day.
However, if you can resist, they taste better on the second day after the flavors have married. As a bonus, the bars get softer and moister on the second and third day, but I doubt they’ll last that long.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, for sprinkling
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl melt the butter, about 1 minute on high power.
- Wait momentarily before adding the egg so you don’t scramble it. Add the egg, brown sugar, pumpkin, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour and stir until just combined, don’t overmix.
- Turn batter out into prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the granulated sugar, cinnamon, and stir.
- Using a small spoon, evenly sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture over the prepared pan. Looks like a lot but it sinks down and soaks in while baking.
- Bake for about 25 to 27 minutes, or until done. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter. The moisture content in pumpkin varies, as do climates and ovens; bake until yours are done.
- Allow bars to cool in pan for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving. I find the bars taste better on the second and third day after the flavors have married.
Storange: Bars continue to get softer and moister for about 3 days after baking, noting the cinnamon-sugar coating will melt (liquify) as time passes rather than stay granular due to the moisture from the bars. Bars will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Adapted from Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 202Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 13mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 2g
More Easy Pumpkin Desserts:
If you haven’t already ordered it, Cooking With Pumpkin: Recipes That Go Beyond the Pie is my second cookbook and the official release date was on Monday, October 6. There’s over 50 pumpkin recipes including sweets, savory, drinks, and a photo for nearly every recipe. I’d be super grateful if you headed over to Amazon.
Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars — Super soft and are like biting into a piece of rich pumpkin fudge! Loaded with chocolate and crazy good!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake with Chocolate Ganache — One of my favorite cakes of ALL TIME! A must-make!
Cream Cheese-Filled Pumpkin Bread — Pumpkin bread that’s like having cheesecake baked in! Soft, fluffy, easy and tastes ahhhh-mazing!
Soft Vegan Pumpkin Bread with Brown Sugar Streusel Crust — You won’t miss the eggs or the butter in this fast and easy bread with a great streusel crust!
Soft Vegan Pumpkin Cake with Pumpkin Spice Buttercream Frosting — Fast, easy cake you’ll never guess is vegan!
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting – Small batch recipe of just 6 cupcakes when you have just a little leftover pumpkin puree to use!
The Best Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread — Super soft, moist, rich pumpkin flavor, and loaded with chocolate chips! Easy, no mixer recipe that’s the BEST!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Brownies — Rich, fudgy brownies topped with pumpkin and chocolate chips!
Pumpkin Crumb Coffee Cake – A FAST and EASY no-mixer coffee cake with rich pumpkin flavor!! Super soft, tender, and topped with the BEST crumble topping that you’ll fall in love with!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.