Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Blondies
This post may contain affiliate links.
This is the dessert trifecta jackpot. Three favorites in one.
Soft pumpkin bars, cinnamon-sugary snickerdoodles, and buttery blondies rolled into one easy recipe.
It was high time to marry my favorites.
The bars are super soft, moist, and full of robust pumpkin flavor. The cinnamon-sugar topping lends an awesome texture contrast to the density the pumpkin creates.
And make no mistake, they’re dense like blondies should be, rather than cakey or light. They’re for those of us who relish a thick, fudgy texture. I could see where some people would want to add baking powder or soda for some lift, but I prefer them without.
I modeled them after my Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars. It’s an easy, no-mixer, one-bowl recipe that takes just minutes to whisk together. Melted butter, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, plenty of pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon-sugar are the key ingredients.
The recipe only makes an 8-inch pan and if you have pumpkin fiends in your house, the bars will probably be gone in a day.
However, if you can resist, they taste better on the second day after the flavors have married. As a bonus, the bars get softer and moister on the second and third day, but I doubt they’ll last that long.
They’re such a perfect bar for me. Simple to make, packed with flavor, and the tooth-sinkingly dense texture is amazingly satisfying.
If you haven’t already ordered it, Cooking With Pumpkin: Recipes That Go Beyond the Pie is my second cookbook and the official release date was on Monday, October 6.
There’s over 50 pumpkin recipes including sweets, savory, drinks, and a photo for nearly every recipe. I’d be super grateful if you headed over to Amazon.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, for sprinkling
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl melt the butter, about 1 minute on high power.
- Wait momentarily before adding the egg so you don’t scramble it. Add the egg, brown sugar, pumpkin, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour and stir until just combined, don’t overmix.
- Turn batter out into prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the granulated sugar, cinnamon, and stir.
- Using a small spoon, evenly sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture over the prepared pan. Looks like a lot but it sinks down and soaks in while baking.
- Bake for about 25 to 27 minutes, or until done. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter. The moisture content in pumpkin varies, as do climates and ovens; bake until yours are done. Allow bars to cool in pan for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving. I find the bars taste better on the second and third day after the flavors have married. Bars continue to get softer and moister for about 3 days after baking, noting the cinnamon-sugar coating will melt (liquify) as time passes rather than stay granular due to the moisture from the bars. Bars will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Adapted from Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 202Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 13mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 2g
Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars – Super soft and are like biting into a piece of rich pumpkin fudge! Loaded with chocolate and crazy good!!
Fudgy Pumpkin Bars with Vanilla Bean Browned Butter Glaze – Bars so soft they’re like biting into pumpkin fudge! The glaze is amazing!
The Best Snickerdoodles – Soft, pillowy puffs that are so irresistible! The closest recipe to Mrs. Fields snickerdoodles that you’ll find!
Mini Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Muffins – Soft little muffins that pack a big punch of pumpkin flavor! Mini food just tastes better!
Snickerdoodle Bread – Bread that tastes like snickerdoodle cookies!! Loaded with cinnamon chips and a cinnamon-sugar crust!
Soft and Chewy Sugar-Doodle Vanilla Cookies – Part soft sugar cookie, part chewy snickerdoodle, with tons of rich vanilla flavor!
White Chocolate Snickerdoodle Cookies – White chocolate adds a fun twist to a classic cookie
Soft and Chewy Cinnamon Chip Snickerdoodle Cookies – Buttery soft snickerdoodles loaded with cinnamon chips! They’re for those who usually need to double the cinnamon in recipes just to get enough pop!
White Chocolate-Topped Cinnamon Chip Cinnamon Bars – Bursting with bold cinnamon flavor and creamy white chocolate!
Cream Cheese-Filled Pumpkin Bread– Pumpkin bread that’s like having cheesecake baked in! Soft, fluffy, easy and tastes ahhhh-mazing!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.