This post may contain affiliate links.
Time for a few Thursday Things. A few eye-catching and noteworthy items this week include:
1. Ellen DeGeneres is opening a vegan restaurant in L.A.
If I’m ever in that neck of the woods, I’d love to check it out.
There are about 8997898 restaurants on my Want to Check Out list.
2. Decide.Com Know when to buy TVs, Laptops, Cameras and Phones. Set up alerts for your future product purchase to be in the know about price changes, rumors and product releases.
This could come in especially handy for holiday purchases.
3. I picked up an Advent Calender for Skylar.
I have such fond memories of counting down to the Birth of Baby Jesus during the month of December.
And even fonder memories of opening those little doors just waiting to see what treasure was waiting inside for me.
For the DIY or vintage enthusiast – cross stitch your own iPhone case
6. This Nike 3-in-1 Bellevue Jacket
The shell. The vest. Alone or combined.
I like that it’s athletic wear with a funky pattern made to look like the sweaters I grew up wearing in the 80s. Retro print meets modern technology.
7. The winner of the Organic Produce Giveaway is:
Rachel @ The Avid AppetiteNovember 16, 2011 at 8:04 am
“Jealous of your getaway I am a huge holiday decorator…I transform my whole place to Christmas!”
8. A National Geographic Adventure Tour of Belize. Kayaking, hanging out in the rainforest, snorkeling and exploring caves and coral reefs? I could suffer through that I suppose.
- Kayak, snorkel, and swim at some of the richest coral reefs in the Caribbean, including Turneffe atoll and Lighthouse Reef.
- By special arrangement, gain private access to a subterranean Mayan cave and explore its cathedral-like chambers.
- Spend two nights camping on Half Moon Caye’s secluded beach and explore its rich marine habitat.
- Discover Tikal’s stunning archaeological wonders nestled in the jungles of Guatemala.
1. Have you seen any things lately that have you excited? Food, products, people, places, trips? What are your things?
2. Do you have any restaurants you want to check out? Any trips you want to take or places you’d like to visit?
I have a bucket list about a mile long of restaurants in California, NYC, and other places that I want to try, too. At the rate I’m working my way through them, I’m sure by the time I’m 92 I’ll have crossed at least three off my list.
One restaurant I really want to cross off my list one day is Thomas Keller’s French Laundry. Better bring an appetite for 22 courses and plan my reservation a year in advance. One of those once-in-a-lifetime restaurants I want to experience.
Have a great day and the weekend’s in sight. Woot!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.