Thursday Things & LinkUp
Here are this week’s Thursday Things
1. Want really bright white icing rather than icing that’s just slightly off-white or dull? Try Bright White Soft Gel Paste
When I saw Cheryl recommend Bright White and Bridget recommended it to her, and since both those ladies are amazing cake decorators and bakers, I knew I needed to order this, because sometimes you just want your icing to be white and bright enough to need sunglasses when you’re looking at your cookies.
2. All in all, I was very happy with the way the Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting turned out. They were so soft and moist, but…
…I just wished the icing had that POP of really, really white brightness. I can’t wait to try the Bright White out on my next batch of…anything.
3. Have you seen Bridget’s Sock It To Me Cookies? Adorable.
5. A Day in the Life of Matt Armendariz of Matt Bites. I adore him and the peek into his day-to-day life in that post.
I had one of the singular best days of my life, ever, with him and Adam last year.
6. Culinary District. “Offering a hand-picked selection of essential products which include the best imported and domestic food items, commercial cookware, equipment, cutlery, specialty tools, china and glass ware, table top, packaging for food products, and bake ware.”
From exotic chocolate sauces to knives to Vita-Mixes, they’ve got you covered.
7. Or Mango Pickles. They’ve got those covered, too, in case you found yourself with a craving for a product you probably didn’t know existed.
I am obsessed with all things mango and I’d be game for trying those.
8. This Etsy Shop. I love beautiful, one-of-a-kind anything, and pottery is high on that list.
9. Did you know that there’s only one space after a period at the end of sentences? I recently learned this typography factoid and honestly, I was shocked. I went through college, and was getting my master’s degree when I got pregnant with Skylar, and have written one or two term papers in my life and was surprised to learn that my junior high typing teacher and English teacher and most every professor I ever took classes from told me to double-spacing after a period. Now I am trying to break myself of the double tap-tap on the spacebar after periods and just give one tap.
I better go have an Orange Coconut Banana Donut to make up for it.
What are your Thursday Things?
Do you like finding out about new baking products as much as I do?
Did you know about the single-spacing after periods rule?
Feel free to Link Up anything fun, exciting, tasty, or noteworthy you want to showcase by clicking on the blue button