Vanilla Bean Mini Muffins
This post may contain affiliate links.
Vanilla Bean Mini Muffins – Fast, EASY, lower sugar, wholesome muffins that are bursting with vanilla bean flavor!! Perfect for breakfast, snacks, and lunch boxes! Mini food always tastes BETTER!!
If you’re a vanilla aficionado like I am you’re going to love these adorable little muffins that are brimming with vanilla flavor.
The muffins are fast, easy, made in one bowl, and you don’t even have to use a mixer.
They’re not an overly sweet muffin making them an ideal choice for breakfast, snacks, or in lunch boxes. In fact, there’s only 1/2 cup sugar in the entire batch.
With so much lovely vanilla flavor, I didn’t want or see the need to add lots of sugar. I wanted the vanilla flavor to shine through on its own.
However feel free to dunk the muffins in butter and dip them in cinnamon-sugar after they’ve baked like I did with these Cinnamon Sugar Mini Donut Muffins if you’re feeling like more of a desserty muffin and less like a wholesome muffin. I won’t judge.
I used the seeds of two vanilla beans which are readily available in most grocery stores next to the vanilla extract. However if you can’t find vanilla beans, vanilla bean paste is wonderful, or simply use vanilla extract.
I used Horizon® Organic Whole Milk. There are no GMOs, no antibiotics, no added hormones, no persistent pesticides, and Horizon® believes in the humane treatment of cows.
If it says Horizon® Organic on the carton, you know what’s inside comes from happy cows on family-run organic farms.
Horizon® Milk brings 50% more vitamin D than typical whole milk in every delicious serving.
Did you see the Caramel Macchiato Copycat Recipe I recently made with it? So creamy and fabulous.
I wish I was eating a muffin and washing it down with a Caramel Macchiato right now actually.
Here is a video showing you how I make the muffins.
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup Horizon® Organic Whole Milk
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 vanilla beans, split and seeds scraped out (1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray two 12-count Non-Stick Mini Muffin Pans very well with floured cooking spray (you will not need to use the entire second pan since the recipe makes approximately 15 mini muffins) or grease and flour the pans; set aside. Alternatively, the recipe can be made as regular-sized muffins with baking time adjusted.
- To a large bowl add the egg, milk, oil, sugar, vinegar (helps the muffins to rise; do not omit), cinnamon, vanilla bean seeds, and whisk to combine.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and stir to combine; don't overmix.
- Turn batter out into prepared muffin pans. Fill each cavity about 2/3 to 3/4 full; don’t overfill or muffins will overflow.
- Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until tops are domed, puffed, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, or with a few moist crumbs dangling but no batter. Because pan sizes, climates, and ovens vary, bake until done; watch your muffins and not the clock. If you’re baking as regular-sized muffins, my guess is about 18 to 22 minutes. Allow muffins to cool in pan for about 10 minutes before removing and placing on a rack to cool completely. Muffins will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Adapted from Cinnamon Sugar Mini Donut Muffins
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 93Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 90mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
Cinnamon Sugar Mini Donut Muffins – Muffins that taste like mini donuts, minus the excess grease and calories!
Vegan Mini-Chocolate Chip Mini-Muffins – Fast, easy, no-mixer recipe for muffins decadent-tasting muffins that are on the healthier side!
Fluffy Vegan Coconut Oil Banana Muffins and Mini Muffins – Soft, springy, super fluffy muffins that are almost too adorable to eat!
Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Mini Blender Muffins – Gluten-free, grain-free, soy-free, dairy-free, oil-free, refined sugar-free, and under 100 calories each!
Skinny Oatmeal Brown Sugar Muffins – No oil, butter, or dairy, and just 1/4 cup brown sugar in the entire batch! Healthy, skinny, and yummy!
Post is brought to you by Horizon. The recipe, images, text, video, and opinions expressed are my own. #HorizonOrganic
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.