White Chocolate Salted Pumpkin Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links.
Salty-and-sweet desserts are some of my favorite. The best of both worlds in one.
The cookies are soft, chewy, tender, and moist with rich pumpkin flavor. Pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and molasses lend the cookies to tasting like fall.
They’re studded with sweet white chocolate chips and the overall sweetness is balanced with a sprinkling of flaked salt.
There are so many flavors in every bite and I couldn’t get enough of the cookies.
Salty, sweet, white chocolate, pumpkin. All so good and it all works perfectly together.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (use the remainder in these recipes
- 2 tablespoons mild or medium-flavored molasses (not blackstrap, too intense)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (a mixture of cinnamon, allspice, cloves, and nutmeg if you don’t have pumpkin pie spice)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 10 ounces white chocolate chips
- flaked salt (fleur de sel, kosher salt, etc.), for sprinkling and to taste
- To the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or large bowl and electric mixer), add the butter, sugars, and beat on medium-high speed until creamed and well combined, about 4 minutes.
- Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the egg, pumpkin, molasses, vanilla, and beat on medium-high speed until well combined, about 2 minutes. The batter will look a little ‘grainy’ and almost as if it’s separated, this is okay.
- Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, salt, and beat on low speed until just combined, about 1 minute.
- Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the white chocolate chips, and beat on low speed until just combined, about 30 seconds.
- After chilling, flatten each mound quite a bit, about half the original height if you used a cookie scoop. You don’t want these to be domed or they’ll puff up too much while baking.
- Evenly sprinkle each mound of dough with flaked salt, to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350F, line a baking sheet with a Silpat or spray with cooking spray. Place dough mounds on baking sheet, spaced at least 2 inches apart (I bake 8 cookies per sheet) and bake for about 14 minutes or until edges have set and tops are just set, even if slightly undercooked and glossy in the center; don’t overbake. Cookies firm up as they cool. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for about 10 minutes before serving. I let them cool on the baking sheet and don’t use a rack.
- Cookies will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 6 months. Alternatively, unbaked cookie dough can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 4 months, so consider baking only as many cookies as desired and save the remaining dough to be baked in the future when desired.
Adapted from Soft and Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 133mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g
Cooking With Pumpkin: Recipes That Go Beyond the Pie is my second cookbook and was released October, 2014.. There’s over 50 pumpkin recipes including sweets, savory, drinks, and a photo for nearly every recipe. I’d be super grateful if you headed over to Amazon.
Soft and Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies – No cakey cookies here! Soft, chewy, thick, loaded with chocolate and bold pumpkin flavor! Your new favorite pumpkin cookies!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies – Super soft, moist, and filled with chocolate!
Buttery Pecan Pumpkin Spice Cookies – Buttery soft dough with big chunky pecans in every bite! Salty-and-sweet and so hard to resist!
Soft and Puffy Pumpkin Spice Honey Cookies – Super soft cookies that just melt in your mouth! You’re going to love these puffy cuties!
Pumpkin Whoopie Pies – Soft, tender cookies with a sweet buttercream filling! Easy and irresistible!
Soft and Chewy White Chocolate Cream Cheese Cookies – Move over butter, cream cheese makes these cookies thick and super soft!
Coconut Oil White Chocolate Cookies – The butter has been replaced with coconut oil in these soft and chewy cookies loaded with white chocolate! If you’ve wanted to start baking with coconut oil, this is an easy recipe to try!
White Chocolate Snickerdoodle Cookies – Soft, buttery snickerdoodles studded with white chocolate!
Cranberry and White Chocolate Chip Cookies – Tastes like a Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bar in cookie form!
Candy Corn and White Chocolate Softbatch Cookies – Make these, at least once a year! Soft, chewy, buttery, and just perfect!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.