No Bake Toffee & Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites

Growing up I loved Heath bars.

In candy bar form

In Blizzard form

One summer I think I slurped down my weight in Heath Bar Blizzards, horrible dairy intolerance reactions and all. It was worth it.

But since I don’t plan to raid Dairy Queen for a Heath Bar Blizzard anytime soon, and because I love cookie dough, I came up with today’s recipe which satisfied my toffee cravings.  I think it will do the same for you.   C’mon, cookie dough, chocolate and toffee. What’s not to love?

[print_this]

No Bake Toffee & Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites

Ingredients:

2/3 c cashews (unsalted, and raw if possible)

1/3 c dry oats

3 tbsp agave or maple syrup (or combination)

1 tsp vanilla extract

1/4 c chocolate chips

1/4 c toffee bits

Yields: approximately 16-18 bites

Directions:

First add cashews and oats to Vita-Mix or food processor and grind into a fine powder.  Then, add the agave and vanilla extract and blend again.  Finally, add the chocolate chips and toffee bits and either stir in by hand or barely blend/pulse until incorporated.  Retain some texture.

Remove the dough and form into cookie bites.  If dough is soft or hard to work with, refrigerate/freeze for 20 minutes prior to forming into bites.

Optional Ideas:

After the bites are formed, drizzle them with dark or white chocolate by melting 1/4 c dark/white chocolate.  With a spoon, drizzle chocolate over the top of the bites (see here for an example) Or, dip each bite entirely into chocolate.

Dust finished bites with cocoa or carob powder.

Add dried coconut flakes to each ball by rolling them in coconut at the end, or adding 1/4 c dried coconut to the dough.  Increase agave/maple slightly if dough is too dry.

Store the dough bites in refrigerator or freezer.

[/print_this]

Pictures of the Process:

Cashews + Oats.  Grind into powder

Add agave/maple and vanilla extract to the cashew/oat powder and blend again.

Dough. You will know when your dough is the right consistency because it just looks like it’s going to stick together without being too wet or too crumbly.

Add Chocolate Chips + Toffee Bits and do a light and quick blend or hand stir.  Don’t pulverize the goodies.

Dough is ready

Form into bites

And Enjoy!

The little crunchy toffee bits combined with the dark chocolate chips are perfect in the chewy, raw, doughy bites.

When is cookie dough ever a bad thing?

Never.

Don’t forget to check out my previous Cookie Dough recipe for No-Bake White Chocolate & Mango Cookie Dough Bites

And there’s also my Dessert Balls & Bites Post Showing about 20 of my Balls & Bites Recipes from Raw Vegan Donut Holes to Chocolate Covered Oreo Balls.

Including my original Raw Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough from over 18 months ago, which is where today’s recipe was derived from.

From my last post about Sandwiches &  ‘Shrooms, as predicted mushrooms are a love ‘em or hate ‘em food.  But I was surprised to hear how many of you really love your shrooms!

And glad you liked my creative twist on “bread” sandwichesGotta think outside of the gluten box.

1. Best thing you ate or did over the weekend?

These Toffee Cookie Dough Bites rank right up there but I got together with a friend and it was great.  Stay tuned.

2. Do you like Heath Bars or Toffee?

Yes, clearly!

3. Favorite mainstream candy bar?

If you rattle off some favorites, I can put them into dessert recipes.  Not necessarily just into raw dough bites, but into other cooked recipes like brownies or cookies, too.  I am thinking Butterfingers, Snickers, Mounds Bars, Laffy Taffy even.  What should I try next?

P.S. If you’re just catching up on posts since Friday, here are mine:

87 Responses to “No Bake Toffee & Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites”

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit — March 21, 2011 at 11:45 am

I’ve never heard of a heath bar… but those dough bites look to die for!

Bria @ West of Persia — March 21, 2011 at 12:09 pm

Great recipe. :-)

I am such a dork. I made some vegan toffee this morning specifically to have on hand to make these bites later in the week.

In case anyone is curious, it was actually quite easy:

In heavy bottomed pan, I combined equal parts sugar and Earth Balance. Heated and stirred often over medium heat. When it hits 285 degrees, it’s ready (used my kitchen thermometer to check). If you don’t have a kitchen therm, just look for it to hit toffee color, or maybe slightly lighter to account for carryover cooking. Pour it onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment, let it sit and cool.

It was my first time making toffee of any kind, and it looks and tastes great. Don’t miss the dairy one bit.

• Averie (Love Veggies and Yoga) replied: — March 21st, 2011 at 1:32 pm

I have made vegan toffee before and it’s pretty easy…just boiling sugar + vegan butter (as long as you plan to just have it get rock hard and crumble it.)

If you want soft toffee, breaking out a candy thermometer and being much more precise is required. But for baking purposes, making it isn’t too bad. The dishes are awful though! Rock hard sugar everywhere stuck onto everything!

• Bria @ West of Persia replied: — March 21st, 2011 at 1:46 pm

Ha, I don’t think I’ve ever had soft toffee. Only the kind that endangers dental work ;-)

Yeah, the dishes could be bad. Thank goodness for parchment, and I washed up everything else immediately, which def helped.

callie — March 21, 2011 at 12:20 pm

ohemgeeee – I’m so hungry right now, and this is not helping! :)

I’m sort of weird, but I really had a thing for almond joys – In fact, this weekend I was kind of thinking that I needed to figure out a raw recipe for them. Or… you could do that for me! Please and thank you :)

Leslie — March 21, 2011 at 12:47 pm

I LOOOVE toffee but haven’t really thought of it in a loooong while since really changing up my diet! But these little babies look soooo good, I just might have to make them soon. Thanks for the great recipe and idea!

I will say that my favorite mainstream candy bar is snickers. All the caramely, peanuty, chocolaty goodness. But staying on a healthy side of my need for sweets, your recipes have defintely given me the satisfaction that I need!

Megan@eatmybeets — March 21, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Ha! I love the picture with all the un-balled dough in the plate with a spoon. I feel like an appropriate caption would be: dig in

Canap� personnalisable — March 21, 2011 at 1:44 pm

+1 !

kristine — March 21, 2011 at 1:46 pm

Oooh that plate you used is SOOOO cute!!!

Do follow — March 21, 2011 at 2:39 pm

I am seriously hungry now! do you have to use quaker oats, or will normal porridge oats do?

Joy — March 24, 2011 at 3:12 am

Could you come uP with a sub for sour patch kids – aka my favorite candy ever!!!! I’d be eternally grateful

Kate — March 24, 2011 at 7:35 pm

These look absolutely delicious! I love toffee, but never thought about incorporating it in this way. All of your cookie dough balls look so yummy. I can’t wait to try.

Sally @ Sallys Baking Addiction — September 9, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Eeeeek! I’m swooning other these Averie! Love love love toffee. Those Heath bar baking bits are SO good in cookies but I never thought to put them into a cookie dough ball before! Love it! I’m craving toffee now lol

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — September 9th, 2012 at 2:07 pm

I think you would love these – they’re a spin off on my original raw/vegan choc chip cookie dough balls but with toffee. I had bought this bag of heath bar toffee bits for something and I literally need 1/4 cup and the bag was lasting me…forever…..and that’s when I decided to make these :)

Luv What You Do — January 6, 2013 at 7:11 am

These look incredible and that plate with the ribbon is TOO cute!