Tropical Peach Pineapple Slushies

It’s 5 o’clock somewhere. I just know it.

These slushies go down so easily and are the perfect summer refresher.

Tropical Peach Pineapple Slushies - Plenty of booze & no added sugar, a win-win! Cool, refreshing & they go down so easily!

Even though they’re a frozen drink, which are prone to being both skimpy on the booze and heavy on the sugary syrups, these are neither.

There’s plenty of booze and no added sugar, a win-win.

I used Malibu, pineapple vodka, and peach schnapps. The Malibu gives the drinks their signature tropical vibe. Something about Malibu drinks just make you feel like you’re on vacation.

I had the pineapple vodka on hand but regular vodka or your favorite flavored vodka from raspberry to citron will work.

The peach schnapps brings out the peachy flavor and peach and pineapple are such a great combo.

You can keep the slushies virgin by replacing the alcohol with pineapple or orange juice, but I prefer not to. I already drink plenty smoothies.

I was going to flood the slushies with grenadine for a sunset-like effect but refrained since I was trying to not add sugar. If you don’t care, flood away. It’ll taste great and look pretty.

Instead I just went with a couple simple maraschino cherries. I love them.

The slushies are perfect for all those ripe, juicy summertime peaches. In advance of making the drinks, I recommend slicing the peaches and pineapple and putting them in a plastic container or Ziplock and freezing. That way you’re blending frozen fruit so you don’t need to add ice, which would water down the slushies.

Or just start off with frozen bagged fruit, which is what I did. Trader Joe’s frozen pineapple chunks never tasted so good.

I happened to make the slushies during a 95F heat wave we were having in San Diego last week and at 11am after this photo shoot was over, it was definitely 5 o’clock in my kitchen.

Make them for Memorial Day, the Fourth of July, your next pool party or bbq, or just because. Just think of all the Vitamin C you’ll be getting.

They go down so incredibly easy and will sneak up on you. That’s the point though.

Print Print Recipe

Tropical Peach Pineapple Slushies

There's no added sugar and plenty of booze in these tropical-tasting slushies. The Malibu lends a tropical vibe, but you can keep the slushies virgin by replacing the alcohol with pineapple or orange juice, at which point you'll have healthy smoothies. In advance of making the drinks, I recommend slicing the peaches and pineapple and putting them in a plastic container or Ziplock and freezing. That way you’re blending frozen fruit so you don’t need to add ice, which would water down the slushies, or simply use bagged frozen fruit. Make them for your next pool party, bbq, or just because. They go down so incredibly easy.

Yield: 2 generous drinks, 12-14 ounces each

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 0 minutes

Total Time: 2 hours, to freeze fruit prior to blending

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups diced peaches (freeze before blending)
1 1/2 cups diced pineapple (freeze before blending)
2 shots Malibu Rum
2 shots pineapple vodka (regular vodka or your favorite flavored vodka may be substituted)
2 shots peach schnapps
grenadine for drizzling, optional
maraschino cherries for garnishing, optional

Directions:

1. To the canister of a blender or food processor, add the fruit, liquors, and blend on high speed until smooth, about 1 minute.
  2. Divide mixture between two glasses and optionally drizzle with grenadine and garnish with cherries. Serve immediately. Extra slushie mixture can be kept in the freezer for up to 1 month by placing freezer-safe glasses inside a large ziplock bag to avoid freezer smells; allow to thaw for about 30 minutes before stirring and serving. Recipe is intended for those for whom alcohol use is legal and appropriate. Always drink responsibly.

Related Recipes

Peach Mango Pineapple White Sangria

Peach Mango Pineapple White Sangria - Takes minutes to make & everyone loves it! A lighter & fresher alternative to red sangria! Make it for your next party!

Malibu Sunset

Malibu Sunset from Aruba - Fun, Fruity, Easy Drink Recipe & Island Pics at averiecooks.com

Mango Coconut Water Tropical Martini

Mango Coconut Water Tropical Martini (only 100 calories) averiecooks.com

Rum Runner

Rum Runner @Averie Sunshine {Averie Cooks}

The Best Homemade Margaritas: All-Natural, 3-Ingredients

The Best Homemade Margaritas: All-Natural, 3-Ingredients - No sugar so you can sip worry-free! They go down way too easily!

Pineapple Banana & Coconut Cream Smoothie (vegan, GF) – Tastes like a virgin pina colada. Sweet, creamy, refreshing & healthy. No need to add sugar since the fruit is sweet enough

Pineapple Banana & Coconut Cream Smoothie (vegan, GF) -  Tastes like a virgin pina colada. Sweet, creamy, refreshing & healthy! No need to add sugar since the fruit is sweet enough.

Skinny Pina Colada Smoothie (vegan, gluten-free) – Under 100 Calories

Skinny Pina Colada Smoothie (vegan, gluten-free) - Under 100 Calories - Easy Recipe at averiecooks.com

Strawberry Banana Pineapple Smoothie (vegan, GF) – No sugar needed in this refreshing, 3-ingredient, healthy smoothie!

Strawberry Banana Pineapple Smoothie (vegan, GF) - No sugar needed in this refreshing, 3-ingredient, healthy smoothie!

Pineapple Mango Vitamin C Booster Smoothie (vegan, GF) – Taking your Vitamin C never tasted so good

Pineapple Mango Vitamin C Booster Smoothie (vegan, GF) - Work in extra Vit C with this smooth, creamy, easy & healthy smoothie!

Tropical Escape Soft Pineapple Crumble Bars

Tropical Escape Soft Pineapple Crumble Bars - Sweet, soft bars with big pineapple chunks that taste like a tropical vacation!

The Best Pineapple Upside-Down Cake – So soft, moist & really is The Best! A cheery, happy cake that’s sure to put a smile on anyone’s face!

The Best Pineapple Upside-Down Cake - So soft, moist & really is The Best! A cheery, happy cake that's sure to put a smile on anyone's face!

42 Responses to “Tropical Peach Pineapple Slushies”

Paula — May 24, 2014 at 4:01 am

If I’m going to drink, this is just my style!! Beautiful color–the maraschinos are the perfect garnish. I managed to catch a cold last week and am on the uphill swing now, but a shot of alcohol has always been a better cough suppressant than any yucky tasting cough syrup. So, by my logic, these would be fun, delicious, and medicinal in my current state!

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — May 24, 2014 at 5:11 am

Well these came just in time for the weekend! Love this drink. It’s 5 o’clock somewhere for sure!

Laura Dembowski — May 24, 2014 at 5:24 am

You took the words right out of my mouth. I was just about to say this is like a boozy smoothie, which is just amazing!

Rochelle @ Oh So Sweet Baker — May 24, 2014 at 6:00 am

Ahh man these slushies have got my name ALL OVER IT. I’m definitely craving one of these now!

Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl — May 24, 2014 at 6:55 am

I have to admit, your boozy drinks are some of my favorite recipes! These are gorgeous, and calling my name!

Iosune | Minimal Eats — May 24, 2014 at 7:13 am

Wow! It looks like summer!!! Malibu + Pineapple = Summer :) I need to try this!!!

CakePants — May 24, 2014 at 7:31 am

Oh gosh, these look amazing! I’m pretty sure it’s perpetually after 5pm (as far as drinking is concerned) on a holiday weekend!

Lindsey @ American Heritage Cooking — May 24, 2014 at 7:57 am

I think you just introduced me to my new favorite Summer drink! Yes, yes you did! I love that these have no added sugar and, unlike the nasty ones you get at restaurants, there is only really fruit and no sketchy “flavored syrups”! Bravo!

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — May 24, 2014 at 8:20 am

Oh man – I bet the peach schnapps and pineapple vodka go down so well together!

lisatberry — May 24, 2014 at 8:54 am

Oh these look so good…now if the sun would just come out and warm us up in CT these would be perfect to drink out on the deck. Peaches and pineapple are so good together and Malibu rum just screams summer.

Layla @Brunchtime Baker — May 24, 2014 at 10:41 am

These slushies look super refreshing! We are fed in need of some tropical flavors here in the east coast!

Librarian Lavendre — May 24, 2014 at 11:08 am

This looks perfect for a hot summer day! I love a delicious cocktail. Also on a winter day to daydream about those days…

Chloe — May 24, 2014 at 11:38 am

That slushy looks amazing for a hot day!

Meredith — May 24, 2014 at 5:26 pm

So refreshing and such a wonderful treat!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust — May 24, 2014 at 5:49 pm

I’m not into pineapple that much but I LOVE TJ’s frozen pineapple in smoothies. Something about pineapple juice just makes me happy – especially with RUM!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 25th, 2014 at 8:48 am

especially with RUM! <— you got that right :)

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet — May 24, 2014 at 7:45 pm

Love love love this! I adore tropical drinks! Pinned!

Katie — May 24, 2014 at 8:24 pm

I would have LOVED one of these today! It went from being 60 and overcaset for the last month to 90 today! And I spent the afternoon in a packed gymnasium for 2 hours….dehydrated, sweating, and unhappy.

Then went to happy hour on the deck of a bar overlooking Lake Superior. Not too shabby, but this drink would have gone down really fast! ;)

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 25th, 2014 at 8:48 am

Leave it to the midwest to go from 60F to 90F, all in a day. San Diego the past week now has been back to the 60F and overcast. I’ve put off photo shoots for the past 3 days b/c it has been May Gray/June Gloom and just damp and icky. I will take those hot 95F Santa Ana’s any day :) Packed hot gyms, no A/C of course, a deck on Lake Superior, wow, this sounds like my childhood and commencement time of year!

Stephanie — May 24, 2014 at 10:20 pm

This looks so refreshing and tasty! The perfect drink for summer!

Amy @ Amy's Healthy Baking — May 25, 2014 at 1:08 am

We had that same heat wave up in NorCal last week! Although I was in Miami avoiding the tornado — so crazy! — so I missed it… But I suppose the heat wave didn’t want me to feel left out and returned again this weekend. 100°F both Saturday AND Sunday. No baking for me! ;) The lighting in your photos looks gorgeous! I love how it comes from behind and illuminates the slushie. So dreamy!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 25th, 2014 at 8:46 am

Thanks for noticing the lighting, Amy, and sounds like you must have had a great trip to Miami!

dc — May 25, 2014 at 3:33 am

These look fab! I can’t wait for a hot day!

Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice — May 25, 2014 at 8:14 am

Pineapple makes the best slushies! This one looks so fruity and delicious! Beautiful pictures, too. Pinned!

Allison — May 25, 2014 at 9:08 am

Um…I almost licked my computer screen just now. Those look SO good!

Ana @fit,fun & delish! — May 25, 2014 at 9:09 am

These look so refreshing on top of beautiful! It’s so hot in AZ already and these will be perfect for the rest of the summer. I love the fact that there is no sugar added. Thanks Averie!

Inês — May 25, 2014 at 9:32 am

I can only say: brilliant!!
    Loved these slushies and I can’t wait to try to make some!!

Laura (Tutti Dolci) — May 25, 2014 at 1:11 pm

A tall one of these is just what I need by the pool today!

Chelsea @chelseasmessyapron — May 25, 2014 at 2:09 pm

I love all your gorgeous smoothie recipes Averie! This one looks great. Peach + pineapple is such a great combo that I don’t think I would have thought of. And I actually have both right now…so definitely need to try this out! Pinned :) I hope you are having a great weekend!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 25th, 2014 at 3:09 pm

I hope your weekend is going wonderfully & thanks for the pin!

Mary Frances — May 25, 2014 at 5:52 pm

The slushie texture (if you can call it that) makes me think summer summer summer! I love it -so refreshing and icy. These are almost to pretty to drink! But not quite ;)

Nancy @ gottagetbaked — May 26, 2014 at 5:02 pm

Averie, you’re speaking my language here (the language of booze). This drink looks absolutely delicious and your photos are stunning. You must have one heck of a powerful mixer because your drink looks so smooth as opposed to icy. I don’t think I’ll be able to wait for fresh summer fruit before making this. I better get myself to the store for some frozen stuff!

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — June 2, 2014 at 10:27 pm

How refreshing! You know I could have this all year long. And now that I’m moving back to LA, it’s practically summer 365 days of the year so I may just make this once a week! :)

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel — June 6, 2014 at 7:23 am

Yep, I could probably put down nineteen of these. I LOVE slushies; they remind me of summers as a kid slurping up Slurpees from 7-11 after walking up there in a bathing suit and towel. So delicious!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — June 6th, 2014 at 2:13 pm

And in Miami, we would have!!! Agh. Timing. And yes these are totally like a 7-11 Slurpee! We happen to live a few blocks from a 7-11. Ahem :)

Kim Pawell — June 18, 2014 at 5:41 pm

Oh my gosh! This looks phenomenal. Can’t wait to try it. I’m thinking about substituting mangos for the peaches for a very tropical version. Thank you!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — June 19th, 2014 at 3:30 am

You can’t go wrong with mangoes – I love them!

Julie Blanner — July 8, 2014 at 8:10 am

What a great way to cool off! Sounds very refreshing. A great summer treat!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — July 8th, 2014 at 1:50 pm

Thanks for all your comments and support today! :)

Olivia — October 5, 2014 at 9:14 pm

No sugar added doesn’t always mean no sugar. This is still a very sugary drink… This is definitely not for diabetics. I estimate about 35 grams (1 1/4 ounces) of pure sugar in each drink. Around 25g for each of the fruits, and 12g in the Malibu and 12g in the peach schnapps. Divided into 2 glasses = 37g. And it has a lot of fructose in it which is the worst sugar health wise.

• Averie Sunshine replied: — October 5th, 2014 at 9:30 pm

Not every drink is for every person, and sounds like it may not be for you, but it’s still better than using those pre-made drink mixes with the first ingredient being corn syrup. At least every ingredient here is ‘natural’ and ‘real’ rather than you know pina colada mix for example where nothing is ‘real’. No ADDED sugar is correct in this recipe.