The Best Snickerdoodle Bars
These soft and chewy bars taste just like snickerdoodle cookies.
Minus the work of dragging out your mixer, chilling dough, or making individual cookies.
Instead it’s a one-bowl, no mixer recipe that comes together in minutes. Pour the easy-to-make batter into a pan and bake.
No hassle, no fuss, and the bars are ready from start to finish in 30 minutes. The best kind of recipe.
The bars are wonderfully soft, extra chewy, buttery, and there’s a bit of tang courtesy of cream of tartar.
If you don’t routinely keep it on hand, the bars will still ‘turn out’, but they won’t have the signature snickerdoodle flavor and they’ll be flatter and denser.
Before baking I generously sprinkled with cinnamon-sugar. It lends just the right amount of cinnamon flavor and a bit of texture from the sugar granules.
But I loved the bars so much that I had to donate most of the pan to my daughter’s classmates or I would have eaten most of the batch myself.
The Best Snickerdoodle Bars
These soft and chewy bars taste just like snickerdoodle cookies minus the work of dragging out your mixer to cream ingredients, chilling dough, or making individual cookies. It’s a one-bowl, no mixer recipe that comes together in minutes, no hassle, no fuss. The bars are wonderfully soft, extra chewy, buttery, and there’s a bit of tang courtesy of cream of tartar. Before baking the bars are generously sprinkled with cinnamon-sugar. It lends just the right amount of cinnamon flavor and a bit of texture from the sugar granules.
Yield: one 8x8 pan, 9 to 12 generous squares
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: about 25 minutes
Total Time: about 45 minutes, for cooling
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 large egg
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/4 teaspoon salt, optional and to taste
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Batter - Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl melt the butter, about 1 minute on high power.
- Wait momentarily before adding the egg so you don't scramble it. Add the egg, sugars, vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour, cream of tartar, optional salt and stir until just combined, don't overmix.
- Turn batter out into prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula; set aside.
- For Sprinkling - In a bowl (same one used for the batter is okay), combine the sugar, cinnamon, and stir.
- Using a small spoon, evenly sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture over the prepared pan. Looks like a lot but it sinks down and soaks in while baking.
- Bake for about 24 to 25 minutes, or until done. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter. Place pan on top of a wire rack to cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing and serving. Bars will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Adapted from The Best Snickerdoodles
Recipe from Averie Cooks. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
The Best Snickerdoodles – Soft, pillowy puffs that are so irresistible! The closest recipe to Mrs. Fields snickerdoodles that you’ll find! (Pinned 500k+ times in 3 months)
Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars with Pink Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting – Soft, chewy bars and the frosting takes them over the top!
Snickerdoodle Bread – Bread that tastes like snickerdoodle cookies!! Loaded with cinnamon chips and a cinnamon-sugar crust!
Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Blondies – Soft pumpkin bars, cinnamon-sugary snickerdoodles, and buttery blondies rolled into one! Super good!
Soft and Chewy Sugar-Doodle Vanilla Cookies – Part soft sugar cookie, part chewy snickerdoodle, with tons of rich vanilla flavor!
White Chocolate Snickerdoodle Cookies – White chocolate adds a fun twist to a classic cookie!
Soft and Chewy Cinnamon Chip Snickerdoodle Cookies – Buttery soft snickerdoodles loaded with cinnamon chips!