Snickerdoodle Bread — Bread that tastes like snickerdoodle cookies!! Loaded with cinnamon chips and a cinnamon-sugar crust! Delish!!!
Snickerdoodle Quick Bread Recipe
When I made these Classic Snickerdoodles I didn’t know how many closet snickerdoodle cookie fans there were. Bread that has snickerdoodle cookie flavor should make everyone happy.
Over the years I’ve made four versions of snickerdoodle cookies, snickerdoodle bars, and now bread. To say I love snickerdoodle stuff is an understatement.
This bread is a spinoff of my Cinnamon-Sugar Crust Cinnamon Ribbon Bread, a reader and personal favorite. I kept the cinnamon-sugar top for an ever so slight crunch, but rather than making a layer of cinnamon-sugar that runs through the middle of the loaf like a ribbon, I added cinnamon chips.
I created the subtle yet special tang that snickerdoodle cookies are known for by incorporating sour cream into the batter. It also helps keep the bread soft, fluffy, and moist.
Between the cinnamon-sugar on top, cinnamon in the batter, and the cinnamon chips, the bread is full of wonderful and prominent cinnamon flavor without being overpowering.
The recipe makes two small-ish 8×4-inch loaves. Bread freezes well and it makes great gifts.
But the heavenly smell that permeates your entire house while it bakes will cause you to devour the first loaf and you’ll be onto the second loaf in no time.
If you could manage to save some, it would make incredible French toast. But we never got that far.
What’s in Snickerdoodle Bread?
To make this tangy cinnamon quick bread, you’ll need:
- Unsalted butter
- Granulated sugar
- Light brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Sour cream
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Cinnamon chips
How to Make Snickerdoodle Bread
Cream together the butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla. Then, mix in the sour cream, followed by the dry ingredients. Stir in cinnamon chips last.
Turn the batter into two greased 8×4-inch loaf pans. Top with cinnamon-sugar.
Bake the cinnamon-sugar bread until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs, no batter.
Where Can I Buy Cinnamon Baking Chips?
They can sometimes be tricky to find in grocery stores, although in the fall and the holiday baking season, you’ll have the best luck. Target and Walmart are usually good about stocking them. Or order from Hershey’s, King Arthur, or Amazon, use white chocolate chips, or omit.
Can I Make This Recipe Into Muffins?
Most likely, yes. Muffins typically take 18 to 24 minutes to bake, so use your best judgement.
Tips for Making Snickerdoodle Bread
You can likely bake this bread in a single 9×5-inch loaf pan, but I prefer using two 8×4-inch pans to ensure the middle gets cooked through all the way.
When inverting the bread from the pan, I recommend doing it over a paper towel so the cinnamon-sugar doesn’t make a mess.
Note that this cinnamon quick bread will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week and in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Pin This Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream (lite is okay; I haven’t tried substituting Greek yogurt)
- 1 1/2 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt, optional and to taste
- 1 1/2 cups cinnamon chips (most of one 10-ounce bag; white chocolate chips may be substituted or chips may be omited)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
For the bread:
- Pre-heat over to 350F and spray two 8×4-inch loaf pans with floured cooking spray, or grease and flour the pans; set aside. Recipe could be made as mini loaves or muffins; baking times will vary.
- To the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or large mixing bowl and electric mixer) , add the butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla, and beat on high power until creamed, light, and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, add the sour cream, and beat on high power to incorporate, about 1 minute.
- Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add 1 1/2 cups flour, cinnamon, baking powder, optional salt, and beat on low until just incorporated, about 1 minute; don’t overmix. Set aside.
- To a small bowl, add the cinnamon chips, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons flour, and toss with your fingers or a spoon to coat chips in flour. Flouring them helps prevent sinking while baking.
- Add contents of small bowl (chips and any excess flour) to large mixing bowl and beat on low until just incorporated, about 1 minute; don’t overmix.
- Turn batter out into prepared pans, divided evenly. Batter is thick. Smooth the tops of pans lightly with a spatula; set aside.
For the topping:
- To a small bowl, add sugar, cinnamon, and stir to combine.
- Using a small spoon, evenly sprinkle topping mixture over the loaf pans.
- Bake for about 45 to 50 minutes (I baked 48), or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs, no batter. However, the toothpick test is tricky because you’ll likely hit cinnamon chips which are melty and gooey. Bread will be domed, likely with a crack down the center, and will be firm when touched lightly when done.
- Allow bread to cool in pans on a wire rack for about 15 minutes before inverting (do it over a paper towel to catch the cinnamon-sugar topping) and allowing to cool completely on a rack before slicing and serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 193Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 35mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 0gSugar: 18gProtein: 2g
More Cinnamon Quick Bread Recipes:
Cinnamon-Sugar Crust Cinnamon-Ribbon Bread — Even picky eaters who want the crust cut off will go nuts for this sweet, slightly crunchy crust. The interior is so soft & fluffy!
Apple Fritter Bread — Soft, fluffy bread that’s stuffed AND topped with apples, cinnamon, and sugar!! Like apple fritters in bread form!! Best apple bread EVER!
Cinnamon Sugar Streusel Banana Bread – Super SOFT tender banana bread that’s impossible to resist!! The crispy, crumbly, streusel topping makes a good thing even BETTER!!
Applesauce Bread with Cinnamon Honey Butter— This applesauce bread is packed with fall flavors and comes together quickly. I serve mine with homemade honey butter, because why not?
Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Bread — Super soft, tender, moist pumpkin bread with a slightly crunchy cinnamon sugar topping!! The mini loaves are EASY, brimming will fall flavors, totally IRRESISTIBLE, and accidentally vegan!!
Cinnamon and Spice Sweet Potato Bread — Sweet potatoes do a wonderful job of keeping this bread extremely soft and moist. It’s almost like cake it’s so soft, springy, and bouncy!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread — This pumpkin chocolate chip bread is truly the best homemade pumpkin bread you’ll ever make. It’s moist, packed with chocolate chips, and tastes like fall!