Buffalo Chicken Burrito Bowls
I was in the mood for burritos so I made them.
Minus the wraps and in a bowl.
It’s an easy recipe that’s ready in 15 minutes, making it perfect for busy weeknights or a quick lunch.
The chicken is sautéed and coated with the new Hidden Valley Ranch Buffalo Salad Dressing®. It gives it so much flavor and helps the chicken stay tender and juicy.
There are four new Hidden Valley Ranch® flavors and the others include Honey BBQ, Sriracha, and Cilantro Lime. I think either the Sriracha or Cilantro Lime would also work great in the recipe. The new dressings and the ingredients you need for the recipe are available at Walmart and here is a coupon for the dressing for $0.75 off any 12 or 16 ounce bottle of Hidden Valley Ranch®.
The chicken is nestled in bowls alongside my favorite burrito fixings including Spanish rice (I used a convenience packet of pre-cooked rice to save time), black beans, tomatoes (or sub pico de gallo or red bell peppers), corn, topped with cheese, avocado, a squeeze of lime juice, and cilantro.
It’s a flexible recipe and if you prefer certain ingredients over others, add more of what you like, and omit what you don’t.
You’re going to love how much flavor and texture is packed into one bowl.
Buffalo Chicken Burrito Bowls
I was in the mood for burritos so I made them. Minus the wraps and in a bowl. I prefer my burritos in a bowl so I can can load them up with veggies, avocado, black beans, cheese, and not have to worry about my wrap breaking and I think they’re healthier this way. It’s an easy recipe that’s ready in 15 minutes, making it perfect for busy weeknights or a quick lunch. The chicken is tender, juicy, is nestled in bowls alongside my favorite burrito fixings. It’s a flexible recipe and if you prefer certain ingredients over others, add more of what you like, and omit what you don’t. You’re going to love how much flavor and texture is packed into one bowl.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- about 1.25 pounds thin-sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1/3 cup Hidden Valley Ranch Buffalo Salad Dressing® (the Sriracha or Cilantro Lime dressings may be substituted)
- two 8.8-ounce packets Spanish rice (or about 4 cups cooked rice; white or brown rice may be substituted), divided
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced small and divided (pico de gallo or red bell pepper may be substituted)
- 2 cups cooked black beans, divided (from about one 15-ounce can, drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups corn, divided (I used frozen)
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced thin; divided
- 1 cup shredded cheese, divided (I used queso fresco)
- juice of 1 lime, divided
- 3 to 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, divided
- To a large skillet, add the olive oil, chicken, evenly season with salt and pepper, and cook over medium-high heat for about 5 to 6 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and lightly golden browned. Stir and flip intermittently to ensure all sides cook evenly. I used thin-sliced chicken breasts which cook quickly. Cooking time will vary based on thickness of chicken.
- Evenly drizzle the salad dressing over the chicken, stir to coat evenly, and cook for about 3 minutes or until dressing has thickened slightly. Remove chicken from skillet and equally divide it between 4 bowls.
- To each bowl, add rice, tomatoes, black beans, corn, top with avocado slices, cheese, lime juice, cilantro, and serve immediately. Bowls are best fresh but extra chicken will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.
All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Loaded Chicken Taco Salad with Creamy Lime-Cilantro Dressing – Fast, easy, fresh and healthy! All your favorite taco flavors in one big kickin’ salad that everyone will love!
Mexican Wedge Salad with Creamy Avocado-Cilantro Dressing – A Mexican twist on the classic wedge salad with black beans, peppers, corn, crunchy tortilla strips, and more! Easy, healthy, and the dressing is so flavorful!
Chicken Tortilla Lettuce Wraps – Filled with Mexican flavors, there’s taco-seasoned chicken, tomatoes, corn, peppers, cilantro, and cheese! Easy, healthy, ready in 10 minutes, and a family favorite!
Lime Cilantro Chicken with Mixed Rice and Black Beans – Easy, one skillet, 15-minute meal! Tons of textures and bold flavors in every bite! The lime makes this dish just pop!
Avocado, Black Bean and Corn Salad with Lime-Cumin Vinaigrette – Everything tastes better with avocado! Easy, healthy and tons of flavor!
Easy Six-Layer Baked Taco Cups – Fast, easy, and accidentally healthy! Your favorite taco fixings in individually-portioned cups!
Do-It-Yourself Guacamole Bar – Make your own guacamole bar and have fun taste-testing the options! Great party idea that everyone loves!
Easy Restaurant-Style Blender Salsa – Make your own salsa in minutes! Fast, easy, goofproof and tastes 1000x better than anything you’d buy!
Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Quinoa – All the flavor of chicken enchiladas, minus the work of rolling them!! Juicy chicken, corn, black beans, peppers, and loads of melted cheese! Easy, one-skillet, and ready in 30 minutes!!
Sweet Potato, Corn, and Black Bean Enchiladas (vegetarian) – Healthier comfort food that everyone will love! Fast, easy, and tastes amazing!
Easy 30-Minute Chicken Fajitas – Make restaurant-style fajitas at home in just 30 minutes! Juicy chicken, caramelized onions, and bell peppers pack so much flavor! This easy recipe will go into your regular rotation!
Cheese, Black Beans, and Corn-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Avocado Crema (vegan, GF) – A healthy meal or hearty side that’s easy, ready in 15 minutes, satisfying, and doesn’t taste like health food!
Lightened Up Corn and Bean Quesadillas with Avocado-Mango-Chipotle Salsa (vegetarian/vegan option) – You don’t have to derail your diet to enjoy hearty and satisfying comfort food! This version is only about 300 calories and ready in 15 minutes!
Post is brought to you by Hidden Valley Ranch®. The recipe, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hidden Valley Ranch. The opinions and text are all mine.