Buffalo Chicken Burrito Bowls
Buffalo Chicken Burrito Bowls — These chicken burrito bowls are ready in 15 minutes, making them perfect for busy weeknights or a quick lunch! Plus, they’re easily customizable.
This post is brought to you by Hidden Valley Ranch®.
Easy Chicken Burrito Bowl Recipe
I was in the mood for burritos so I made them. Minus the wraps and in a bowl.
I actually prefer my burritos in a bowl so I can can load them up with veggies, avocado, black beans, and cheese, and not have to worry about my wrap breaking. Plus, I think they’re healthier this way.
This chicken burrito bowl is an easy recipe that’s ready in 15 minutes, making it perfect for busy weeknights or a quick lunch. The chicken is sautéed and coated with the new Hidden Valley Ranch Buffalo Salad Dressing®. It gives it so much flavor and helps the chicken stay tender and juicy.
There are four new Hidden Valley Ranch® flavors and the others include Honey BBQ, Sriracha, and Cilantro Lime. I think either the Sriracha or Cilantro Lime would also work great in the recipe. The new dressings and the ingredients you need for the recipe are available at Walmart.
The chicken is nestled in bowls alongside my favorite burrito fixings, including Spanish rice (I used a convenience packet of pre-cooked rice to save time), black beans, tomatoes (or sub pico de gallo or red bell peppers), corn, topped with cheese, avocado, a squeeze of lime juice, and cilantro.
You’re going to love how much flavor and texture is packed into one chicken burrito bowl.
What’s in Chicken Burrito Bowls?
To make this healthy burrito bowl recipe, you’ll need:
- Olive oil
- Chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- Hidden Valley Ranch Buffalo Salad Dressing®
- Spanish rice packets
- Roma tomatoes
- Black beans
- Shredded cheese
- Lime juice
- Fresh cilantro
How to Make Chicken Burrito Bowls
First, you’ll need to cook the sliced chicken in an oiled skillet until no longer pink in the center. Evenly drizzle the salad dressing over the chicken, stir to coat, and cook until dressing has thickened slightly.
Divide the chicken between the bowls, then add remaining burrito bowl ingredients. Seriously, that’s it!
Can I Use Chicken Thighs Instead of Breasts?
Of course! Just make sure to buy boneless skinless thighs for easier prep.
Burrito Bowl Toppings to Try
These chicken burrito bowls are fully loaded as is, but if you’d like to pile on even more toppings here are a few of my favorites:
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Hot sauce
- Pico de gallo
- Crushed tortilla chips
- Taco sauce
- Sliced or pickled jalapeños
- Diced onion
Tips for Making Chicken Burrito Bowls
This is a flexible burrito bowl recipe, so if you prefer certain ingredients over others, add more of what you like, and omit what you don’t.
To meal prep these chicken burrito bowls, I recommend piling the ingredients into mason jars. Put the chicken and rice at the bottom and the easily squished veggies (like the avocado and tomatoes) at the top.
You can easily reheat leftovers in the microwave or enjoy them cold.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.25 pounds thin-sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1/3 cup Hidden Valley Ranch Buffalo Salad Dressing® (the Sriracha or Cilantro Lime dressings may be substituted)
- two 8.8-ounce packets Spanish rice (or about 4 cups cooked rice; white or brown rice may be substituted), divided
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced small and divided (pico de gallo or red bell pepper may be substituted)
- 2 cups cooked black beans, divided (from about one 15-ounce can, drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups corn, divided (I used frozen)
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced thin; divided
- 1 cup shredded cheese, divided (I used queso fresco)
- juice of 1 lime, divided
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, divided
- To a large skillet, add the olive oil, chicken, evenly season with salt and pepper, and cook over medium-high heat for about 5 to 6 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and lightly golden browned. Stir and flip intermittently to ensure all sides cook evenly. I used thin-sliced chicken breasts which cook quickly. Cooking time will vary based on thickness of chicken.
- Evenly drizzle the salad dressing over the chicken, stir to coat evenly, and cook for about 3 minutes or until dressing has thickened slightly.
- Remove chicken from skillet and equally divide it between 4 bowls.
- To each bowl, add rice, tomatoes, black beans, corn, top with avocado slices, cheese, lime juice, cilantro, and serve immediately.
- Bowls are best fresh but extra chicken will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 917 Total Fat: 44g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 29g Cholesterol: 156mg Sodium: 1211mg Carbohydrates: 67g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 13g Sugar: 7g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 64g
More Mexican Chicken Recipes:
Loaded Chicken Taco Salad with Creamy Lime-Cilantro Dressing – Fast, easy, fresh and healthy! All your favorite taco flavors in one big kickin’ salad that everyone will love!
Chicken Tortilla Lettuce Wraps – Filled with Mexican flavors, there’s taco-seasoned chicken, tomatoes, corn, peppers, cilantro, and cheese! Easy, healthy, ready in 10 minutes, and a family favorite!
Lime Cilantro Chicken with Mixed Rice and Black Beans – Easy, one skillet, 15-minute meal! Tons of textures and bold flavors in every bite! The lime makes this dish just pop!
Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Quinoa – All the flavor of chicken enchiladas, minus the work of rolling them!! Juicy chicken, corn, black beans, peppers, and loads of melted cheese! Easy, one-skillet, and ready in 30 minutes!!
Easy 30-Minute Chicken Fajitas – Make restaurant-style fajitas at home in just 30 minutes! Juicy chicken, caramelized onions, and bell peppers pack so much flavor! This easy recipe will go into your regular rotation!
Skinny Mexican Chicken Skillet – EASY, ready in 20 minutes, and is a skinny recipe that keeps you full and satisfied!! A great Mexican-inspired meal that’s naturally gluten-free and is a flavor FIESTA in your mouth!!
Easy Chicken Tinga Tacos — FAST, super easy, and the super juicy chicken has AUTHENTIC smoky chipotle FLAVOR!! When you’re craving tacos, these are the tacos to make!
Post is brought to you by Hidden Valley Ranch®. The recipe, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hidden Valley Ranch. The opinions and text are all mine.