Valentine Peanut Butter M&M Blondies
If you need an easy dessert to bring to a Valentine’s party or want to surprise someone special with a Valentine’s Day treat, this is the recipe for you.
No one will be able to resist soft, buttery blondies with rich peanut butter flavor and studded with Valentine’s Day M&Ms.
The blondies are fast, easy, made in one bowl, and you don’t even need a mixer.
I used my infamous blondie base recipe and with 30+ versions and counting, it never lets me down.
It won’t let you down either. Happy Valentine’s Day!
Valentine Peanut Butter M&M Blondies
If you need an easy dessert to bring to a Valentine's party or want to surprise someone special with a Valentine's Day treat, this is the recipe for you. No one will be able to resist soft, buttery blondies with rich peanut butter flavor and studded with Valentine's Day M&Ms. The blondies are fast, easy, made in one bowl, and you don’t even need a mixer.
Yield: one 8x8-inch pan, serves 9
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: about 22 to 26 minutes
Total Time: about 90 minutes, for cooling
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
1/2 cup peanut butter (I use Jif, Skippy or similar; natural PB can separate and/or be too oily)
1 large egg
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup M&Ms, divided (I used plain milk chocolate but you can use peanut, dark, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large, microwave-safe bowl add the butter and heat on high power to melt, about 1 minute.
- Wait momentarily before adding the egg so you don't scramble it. Add the peanut butter, egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour and stir until just combined, don't overmix.
- Add 1/2 cup M&Ms and stir gently to combine.
- Turn batter out into prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup M&M's to the top of the batter for visual appeal. Press them down lightly so they adhere.
- Bake for about 22 to 26 minutes, or until done. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter.
- Allow blondies to cool in pan for at least 1 hour before slicing and serving. Blondies are best fresh but will keep for up to 1 week in an airtight container at room temp or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Adapted from Peanut Butter Blossom Cookie Bars
Recipe from Averie Cooks. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
I wrote a Peanut Butter Cookbook with 100+ recipes using Peanut Butter!
Soft M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies – The softest, thickest, best M&M cookies ever! People love these big cookies loaded with M&Ms & chocolate!
Soft Frosted Valentine Heart Cookies – The easiest cutout cookies you’ll ever make! No rolling pin, no mixer, no chilling the dough! Soft and chewy with plenty of frosting and sprinkles!
Loaded Soft and Chewy M&M Cookie Pie – If you like M&M cookies, you’ll love this biggie version! Super easy and always a big hit!
Triple Peanut Butter Monster Cookie Bars – Peanut butter used 3 different ways. Great for pantry odds-and-ends clean out!
Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars with Pink Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting – Much faster, easier, and more foolproof to make than cookies and great tangy cream cheese frosting!
Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting –Super soft and tender cookies that just melt in your mouth! Goofproof cookies everyone loves! Perfect for Valentine’s Day!, Mother’s Day, or Easter!
Strawberry Cookie Bars with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting – Soft, chewy, and bursting with strawberry flavor!! The frosting and sprinkles make these easy, goof-proof bars taste even better! Perfect for parties and holidays!
Red Velvet Gooey Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies – The softest, moistest, gooiest cookies ever! They’re so buttery they just melt in your mouth!
Valentine Chocolate Almond Clusters – You don’t need a box of chocolates for Valentine’s Day when you can have these!! Easy, no-bake, ready in 15 minutes, and homemade always tastes better!!