Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Valentine’s Blondies
This post may contain affiliate links.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Valentine’s Blondies – Fast, EASY blondies loaded with peanut butter, chocolate chips, and topped with peanut butter HEARTS!! Bring them to a Valentine’s Day party or surprise someone special!!
If you need an easy dessert to bring to a Valentine’s party or want to surprise someone special with a Valentine’s Day treat, this is the perfect recipe.
The blondies are fast, easy, made in one bowl, and you don’t even need a mixer.
I used my favorite blondie base recipe and with 40+ versions and counting, it never lets me down.
These soft, buttery blondies are studded with chocolate chips and have fabulous peanut butter flavor in both dough and on top thanks to these Reese’s peanut butter hearts.
There are lots of heart-shaped chocolates for sale this time of year but what I like about the ones I used is that they’re slightly larger than most other hearts and they nicely fill up the blondie rather than looking small or skimpy. If you can’t find them in your local store, use whatever is convenient.
However one caveat is that I had to use a paring knife to open up the tops of the hearts a little more. Straight out the package they look more like ovals than hearts and I like hearts that have a deeper V at the top. It took 2 minutes to make two small cuts in each heart to get a deeper V, no biggie.
I used mini chocolate chips because I prefer how they disperse more evenly throughout. Also the smaller chips really provide a true chocolate-in-every-bite experience but regular chips are fine.
These blondies are going to be the hit of your Valentine’s chocolate feasting. After all, isn’t that what Valentine’s Day is all about – feasting on chocolate (and peanut butter).
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 scant cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (or 3/4 cup regular sized chocolate chips)
- 9 Reese's Valentine's Day Peanut Butter Hearts
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large, microwave-safe bowl add the butter and heat to melt, about 1 minute on high power.
- Wait momentarily before adding the egg so you don’t scramble it. Add the egg, brown sugar, peanut butter, vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour, salt, and stir until just combined, don’t overmix.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Turn batter out into prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until top is set in center and done. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter. Blondies firm up as they cool.
- After blondies are out of the oven, add the Reese's hearts, evenly spaced in rows and columns, 3-by-3. Lightly press them down so they adhere. The chocolate will start melting and to avoid it from melting too much because you want the heart shape to stay intact, place the pan in the fridge for about 10 minutes and then return pan to counter to cool completely before slicing and serving. Blondies will keep airtight at room temp for up to 1 week.
Adapted from Valentine Peanut Butter M&M Blondies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 382Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 219mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 2gSugar: 26gProtein: 7g
I wrote a Peanut Butter Cookbook with 100+ recipes using Peanut Butter!
Valentine Peanut Butter M&M Blondies – Soft and chewy with rich peanut butter flavor and studded with M&Ms!! Perfect for Valentine’s Day events or parties! EASY, one bowl, no mixer recipe that everyone loves!!
Soft M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies – The softest, thickest, best M&M cookies ever! People love these big cookies loaded with M&Ms & chocolate!
Soft Frosted Valentine Heart Cookies – The easiest cutout cookies you’ll ever make! No rolling pin, no mixer, no chilling the dough! Soft and chewy with plenty of frosting and sprinkles!
Loaded Soft and Chewy M&M Cookie Pie – If you like M&M cookies, you’ll love this biggie version! Super easy and always a big hit!
Valentine Chocolate Almond Clusters – You don’t need a box of chocolates for Valentine’s Day when you can have these!! Easy, no-bake, ready in 15 minutes, and homemade always tastes better!!
Triple Peanut Butter Monster Cookie Bars – Peanut butter used 3 different ways. Great for pantry odds-and-ends clean out!
Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars with Pink Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting – Much faster, easier, and more foolproof to make than cookies and great tangy cream cheese frosting!
Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting –Super soft and tender cookies that just melt in your mouth! Goofproof cookies everyone loves! Perfect for Valentine’s Day!, Mother’s Day, or Easter!
Strawberry Cookie Bars with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting – Soft, chewy, and bursting with strawberry flavor!! The frosting and sprinkles make these easy, goof-proof bars taste even better! Perfect for parties and holidays!
Red Velvet Gooey Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies – The softest, moistest, gooiest cookies ever! They’re so buttery they just melt in your mouth!
Originally published February 2, 2018 and republished February 12, 2021 with updated text.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.