Easter Egg Blondies
Easter Egg Blondies – Fast, EASY, super soft, and loaded with chocolate M&M Eggs galore!! Definitely my favorite type of Easter eggs! SAVE this recipe for your leftover Easter candy!!
I can’t believe that Easter is just around the corner. Wow, time flies.
I typically don’t make many desserts specifically for Easter but decided that I needed to up my game this year. And voila, these blondies with M&M Milk Chocolate Eggs were born.
Use The M&Ms You Can Find and Enjoy
If you can’t find that exact version of M&Ms in your area, don’t worry and feel free to substitute with another flavor of M&Ms.
Fast, Easy, One Bowl, No Mixer
The blondies are fast, easy, made in one bowl, and you don’t even need a mixer.
I used my favorite blondie base recipe and with 40+ versions and counting, it never lets me down.
These buttery blondies are studded with big ‘ole chocolate M&M Eggs galore. The eggs are a little resistant to being stirred into the dough but do your best.
How Do The Easter Egg Blondies Taste
It’s so satisfying sinking your teeth into these super soft blondies contrasted against the crunchy shells of the M&M Eggs.
Chocolate eggs are definitely my favorite type of Easter egg.
If you have leftover Easter candy, this is a perfect recipe to use it with. And don’t forget that the blondies are an easy treat for Mother’s Day or for springtime baby or bridal showers, too.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 cup M&M Milk Chocolate Eggs, divided (substitute with your favorite M&Ms if you cannot find those)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large, microwave-safe bowl add the butter and heat to melt, about 1 minute on high power.
- Wait momentarily before adding the egg so you don’t scramble it. Add the egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour, salt, and stir until just combined, don’t overmix.
- Add 3/4 cup M&M Eggs and stir to combine as best you can. They are a bit resistant to stir in, but do your best to incorporate.
- Turn batter out into prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
- Evenly add the remaining 1/4 cup M&M Eggs over the top, pressing them down lightly so they adhere to the batter.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until top is set in center and done. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter. Blondies firm up as they cool. Cool for about 30 minutes before slicing and serving. Blondies will keep airtight at room temp for up to 1 week.
Adapted from Blondies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 404 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 74mg Sodium: 162mg Carbohydrates: 54g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 41g Protein: 5g
Soft and Chewy M&M Cookies – Super soft, chewy, buttery M&M cookies that totally are irresistible! Loaded with M&M’s and perfect for springtime, Easter, Mother’s Day and more!
Springtime Sugar Cookie Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting – Sugar cookies in bar form with sprinkles galore! Fast, easy, and yummy! Great for springtime, Easter, Mother’s Day, showers, and parties!