Easter Egg Bars — Fast, EASY, super soft, and loaded with chocolate M&M’s Eggs galore!! Definitely my favorite type of Easter eggs! SAVE this recipe for your leftover Easter candy!!
Easy Easter Dessert Recipe
I can’t believe that Easter is just around the corner. Wow, time flies! I typically don’t make many desserts specifically for Easter but decided that I needed to up my game this year. And voila, these blondies with M&M’s Milk Chocolate Eggs were born.
These Easter bars are fast, easy, made in one bowl, and you don’t even need a mixer. I used my favorite blondie base recipe and with 40+ versions and counting, it never lets me down.
These buttery blondies are studded with big ‘ole chocolate M&M’s Eggs galore. The eggs are a little resistant to being stirred into the dough, but do your best.
It’s so satisfying sinking your teeth into these super soft blondies contrasted against the crunchy shells of the M&M’s Eggs. Chocolate eggs are definitely my favorite type of Easter egg.
If you have leftover Easter candy, this is a perfect recipe to use it with. And don’t forget that the blondies are an easy treat for Mother’s Day or for springtime baby or bridal showers, too.
What’s in Easter Bars?
To make this Easter dessert recipe, you’ll need:
- Unsalted butter
- Light brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- M&M’s Milk Chocolate Eggs
How to Make Easter Bars
This is such an easy blondie recipe! Simply melt the butter, then whisk in the egg, brown sugar, and vanilla. Add in the flour and salt, then gently fold in the chocolate eggs.
Turn the batter into a prepared 8×8-inch pan and sprinkle a few more chocolate eggs on top just before baking.
Can I Double This Recipe?
Yes, you can double the ingredients and bake these Easter bars in a 9×13-inch pan. The bake time should remain the same.
Do I Have to Use M&M’s Chocolate Eggs?
If you can’t find that exact version of M&M’s in your area, feel free to substitute with another kind of M&M’s. Or, use another favorite Easter chocolate of yours.
Tips for Making the Best Easter Dessert
If desired, you can probably add other mix-ins to the blondie batter. Chopped nuts, chocolate chips, and dried fruit are all options.
Note that the chocolate eggs are a bit tricky to stir into the batter. That’s normal, just do your best!
To store these Easter bars, keep them in an air-tight container on your counter. They should last up to 1 week.
Pin This Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 cup M&M's Milk Chocolate Eggs, divided (substitute with your favorite M&M's if you cannot find those)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large, microwave-safe bowl add the butter and heat to melt, about 1 minute on high power.
- Wait momentarily before adding the egg so you don’t scramble it. Add the egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour, salt, and stir until just combined, don’t overmix.
- Add 3/4 cup M&M's Eggs and stir to combine as best you can. They are a bit resistant to stir in, but do your best to incorporate.
- Turn batter out into prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
- Evenly add the remaining 1/4 cup M&M's Eggs over the top, pressing them down lightly so they adhere to the batter.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until top is set in center and done. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter. Blondies firm up as they cool.
- Cool for about 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Blondies will keep airtight at room temp for up to 1 week.
- Adapted from Blondies.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 404Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 162mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 1gSugar: 41gProtein: 5g
More Easter Dessert Recipes:
Soft and Chewy M&M’s Cookies – Super soft, chewy, buttery M&M cookies that totally are irresistible! Loaded with M&M’s and perfect for springtime, Easter, Mother’s Day and more!
Springtime Sugar Cookie Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting — Sugar cookies in bar form with sprinkles galore! Fast, easy, and yummy! Great for springtime, Easter, Mother’s Day, showers, and parties!
Raspberry Bars with Oatmeal Crumble Topping — These easy Raspberry Bars are made with a delicious oatmeal crumble topping. They require less than 10 minutes of hands-on prep and everyone loves these!
Coconut Caramel Poke Cake — An incredibly EASY super moist cake thanks to a creamy caramel mixture that’s poked into the cake!! Topped with crispy toasted coconut, this cake is a DELISH winner!!
Lightened Up Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake — The blueberry-lemon combo is always a win, and so is pound cake that won’t break your caloric piggybank.
Soft Carrot Cake Bars with Cream Cheese Glaze — Super soft carrot cake bars that taste like blondies packed with chewy carrots! So good and a must-make!
Strawberry Cookie Bars with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting — The bars are incredibly easy to make because I used strawberry cake mix and it gives the bars exactly the consistency I want. Soft, chewy, and ironically not cakey!