Easy Chocolate Pots de Crème — No-bake, no-cook, and made in a blender in 5 minutes!! The PERFECT dessert! Rich, decadent, a chocolate lover’s dream, perfect for special occasions, and guaranteed to impress!!
Table of Contents
Blender Pot de Crème Recipe
If you are looking for easy chocolate desserts AND one that is sure to impress anyone who has the pleasure of trying it, look no further than this extremely simple recipe for chocolate pots de crème.
No-bake, no-cook, made in a blender in five minutes. Yet elegant and extraordinary. The desserts gods are smiling down with this recipe.
Even my preteen daughter who has an incredible appetite, especially upon coming home from sports practice, said that one pot is a lot of chocolate and very rich. She ate one and then proceeded to take a nap.
Chocolate Pots de Crème Ingredients
To make this easy no-bake French chocolate custard, you’ll need:
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heavy whipping cream
- Granulated sugar
- Whipped cream, for topping
- Chocolate shavings, for topping
Note: Scroll down to the recipe card section of the post for the ingredients with amounts included and for more complete directions.
How to Make Chocolate Pots de Crème
I have seen pot de crème recipes where eggs are involved and you use boiling cream to cook the eggs, but that seems more complicated than necessary. The operative word here is EASY!
- Simply place chocolate chips, sugar, and a pinch of salt in a high speed blender and blend until you have fine chocolate dust.
- Heat a cup of heavy cream in the microwave until it’s just boiling.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate dust, then blend momentarily to incorporate,
- Pour the molten chocolate mixture into individual ramekins and refrigerate until set.
- Top with whipped cream or whipped topping and serve.
These easy pots de crème can be made ahead of time without issue. Make them in advance to serve as an elegant desserts after a dinner party or event you’re hosting.
They can hang out in the fridge for up to 3 days before serving them. I recommend covering the ramekins tightly with plastic wrap to keep them fresh.
Wait to add the whipped cream until you’re ready to serve the pots de crème (whipped cream deflates and becomes watery over time).
A few readers have asked about using coconut milk instead of heavy whipping cream to make these pots de crème dairy-free, but I can’t say for sure if that’ll work since I’ve only ever made the recipe as written.
If you’re looking to cut calories by using half and half or another heavy cream substitute, don’t even try! You must use full-fat heavy cream, otherwise the chocolate pots de crème won’t set up.
If you have a blender, I recommend using it to make this no-bake chocolate pot de crème recipe since that’s what I tested the recipe with. However, a food processor should also work.
If your chocolate pots de crème aren’t setting properly and / or seem runny, it could be that you’re over measuring the heavy cream or not using enough chocolate chips. Next time, use slightly less cream and a few extra chocolate chips. That should sort out the problem!
Pot de crème is thicker and smoother in texture than chocolate mousse. Chocolate mousse is also very rich, but it’s much lighter and airier in texture.
I could not believe how easy these were! It took longer to clean the blender than it actually took to make them. They were amazingly good – very rich and chocolately! I really like that I could do them ahead of time. Definitely will do again.Jennifer Mikhail
Tips for Making Chocolate Pots de Crème
- This is one of those recipes where you really can’t substitute any of the ingredients. If you’re looking for a low-fat dessert, this isn’t it. Don’t even try using anything lighter than heavy whipping cream as anything with less fat won’t set up properly in the fridge.
- Although only two pots are shown in the photos, you could definitely stretch it and make four. I made two because it’s easier to photograph things that are nice and full, but in reality four servings is more appropriate than two.
- For serving the chocolate pot de crème, you could use mini ramekins but mismatched bowls would be cute and so would small glass mason jars.
Pin This Recipe
Easy Chocolate Pots de Crème
- ⅔ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- whipped cream or whipped topping, optional for serving
- chocolate shavings, optional for serving
- To the canister of a high speed blender, add the chocolate chips, sugar, salt, and process on high speed until you have fine chocolate dust; set aside.
- To a microwave-safe glass measuring cup, add the heavy cream and heat on high power until just boiling, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, but check every 15 seconds or so after 1 minute has passed.
- Pour the cream into the blender and process on high speed until smooth.
- Evenly divide the chocolate mixture between 2 to 4 ramekins (read blog post for my commentary), cover, and place ramekins in the fridge for at least 2 hours, or until set.
- Optionally garnish with whipped cream and/or chocolate shavings before serving.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
©averiecooks.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
More No-Bake Chocolate Desserts:
Chocolate Almond Clusters — You don’t need a box of chocolates for Valentine’s Day when you can have these!! Easy, no-bake, ready in 15 minutes, and homemade always tastes better!!
Death by Chocolate No-Bake Cheesecake Bars — Need an easy chocolate dessert that will impress? These chocolate cheesecake bars are creamy, decadent, and loaded with chocolate!! A NO-BAKE and an easy MAKE-AHEAD dessert!!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge – Rich and decadent chocolate fudge adorned with peanut butter swirls! Made in the microwave with just SIX ingredients, there’s no boiling or candy thermometers involved in this FAST and EASY recipe for PERFECT fudge every time!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Bars — Can’t decide if you want PB or chocolate? Make these easy no-bake fudge bars! Chocolate + PB is sooo irresistible!!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chex Bars — SO EASY, NO-BAKE, and ready in FIVE minutes!! Chex cereal, pretzels, and M&Ms glued together with peanut butter and marshmallows!!
Chocolate Candy Bar Cake — An easy frozen dessert with graham crackers, chocolate pudding, whipped topping, chocolate chips, PEANUT BUTTER CUPS and SNICKERS!!
One-Minute Microwave Brownie — When chocolate cravings strike, make this EASY brownie recipe in one bowl, without a mixer, and it’s ready in ONE MINUTE!!
No-Bake Oreo Balls — This Oreo balls recipe uses just 4 simple ingredients! If you’re looking for an easy no-bake dessert for cookie swaps or gift exchanges, this is it!