Chocolate Peanut Butter Chex Mix Bars
This post may contain affiliate links.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chex Mix Bars – SO EASY, NO-BAKE, and ready in FIVE minutes!! Chex cereal, pretzels, and M&Ms glued together with peanut butter and marshmallows!! An IRRESISTIBLE salty-sweet combination!!
So Fast, So Easy, No-Bake
These bars are such an easy, no-bake recipe that literally takes less than five minutes to whip up. Five minutes. The hardest part is waiting for them to cool enough to dive into.
And there are just six ingredients and every single one is a winner: pretzels rods, Corn Chex cereal, M&Ms, butter, peanut butter, and marshmallows.
The next time you need a dessert to bring to a picnic, potluck, party, kiddie classroom or birthday party, or some after school snacks your kids are going to adore, these easy bars are a hit with both kids and adults alike.
They’re like eating a dessert version of Chex Mix complete with pretzels and M&Ms.
How Do The Chocolate Peanut Butter Chex Mix Bars Taste
They are salty-and-sweet which is a personal favorite of mine. Chocolate tastes so much better when there is a little salt present and the pretzels lend the perfect amount of salt to accentuate the chocolate. And of course, chocolate + peanut butter is an irresistible combination.
The bars are crunchy, chewy, and a little bit gooey. Every bite has so much texture that you’ll want to keep taking one more bite.
Since I love cereal bars of all types these bars were an automatic hit for me and my family too.
I sprinkled an additional half-cup marshmallows on the top for both visual appeal and taste, but that does require two bags of marshmallows. Therefore, the extra marshmallows sprinkled on top are optional if you don’t want to buy a second bag of marshmallows. I realize not everyone has bags of half-eaten marshmallows laying around like I do.
Same goes for the M&Ms, a 10.7-ounce bag is exactly 1 1/2 cups but I wanted some extra M&Ms on top for visual appeal since the ones that are in the bars melt quite a bit and they aren’t as intact and colorful so I dug into a second bag of M&Ms.
Favorite Chocolate and Peanut Butter No-Bake Cereal Bars:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Bars – Can’t decide if you want PB or chocolate? Make these easy no-bake bars! Chocolate + PB is sooo irresistible!
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Kit Kat Crunch Bars – Easy, no-bake recipe that’s full of peanut butter and topped with chocolate and Kit Kat Bars!
- Chewy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cereal Bars – Easy, no-bake peanut butter cereal bars that are super soft and chewy! Topped with a heavenly chocolate-peanut butter swirl!
- Peanut Butter Cocoa Krispies Smores Bars – The layer of chocolate and Cocoa Krispies is one of my favorite things ever!
- Special K Bars – A vintage recipe from my grandma that will always be a personal and sentimental favorite!
- 3 cups pretzel rods, broken in half
- 2 1/2 cups Corn Chex Cereal
- 1 1/2 cups M&Ms, plus 1/4 cup more for sprinkling on top if desired
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- one 10-ounce bag miniature marshmallows, plus 1/2 cup more for sprinkling on top if desired
- Line a 9×13-inch pan with aluminum foil for easier cleanup and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large bowl, add the pretzels, Chex, M&Ms, and stir to combine; set aside.
- To a large pot, add the butter, peanut butter, and heat over medium-low heat to melt, stir nearly continuously until melted and smooth.
- Add the marshmallows and stir nearly continuously until melted and incorporated.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture over the cereal mixture and stir to combine.
- Turn mixture out into prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula as necessary.
- Optionally, evenly sprinkle with 1/4 cup extra M&Ms and/or 1/2 cup extra marshmallows.
- Allow bars to set up fully before slicing and serving. Bars will keep airtight at room temp for 1 week.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 278Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 215mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 4g
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Bars – Can’t decide if you want PB or chocolate? Make these easy no-bake bars! Chocolate + PB is sooo irresistible!
Chewy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cereal Bars – Easy, no-bake peanut butter cereal bars that are super soft and chewy! Topped with a heavenly chocolate-peanut butter swirl!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Kit Kat Crunch Bars – Easy, no-bake recipe that’s full of peanut butter and topped with chocolate and Kit Kat Bars!
No-Bake Triple Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chewy Cereal Bars – Peanut butter is used 3 times in these rich, soft, and very chewy bars! Easy, one-bowl recipe that’s ready in 15 minutes!
No-Bake Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cereal Bars – A peanut buttery twist on classic Rice Krispies Treats with big chewy marshmallows in every bite!
Peanut Butter Cocoa Krispies Smores Bars – The layer of chocolate and Cocoa Krispies is one of my favorite things ever!
No-Bake White Chocolate Cinnamon Toast Crunch Bars – EASY, no-bake bars that are soft, chewy, supremely GOOEY, spiked with extra marshmallows, and white chocolate!! An IRRESISTIBLE hit with everyone!!
Browned Butter Rice Krispies Treats – The best RKTs ever! Double the butter, and it’s browned, for great flavor and very soft, buttery, and chewy treats!
Peanut Chewy Payday Bars – Almost no-bake bars that taste like a Payday candy bar, but better, and with a layer of marshmallow!
Special K Bars – A vintage recipe from my grandma that will always be a personal and sentimental favorite!
Soft and Gooey Loaded Smores Bars – Fast, easy, and so good!
Marshmallow Caramel Oreo Cookie S’Mores Bars – No campfire needed for these Smores! Chocolaty with plenty of gooey caramel and marshmallows!
Smores Bars – SO EASY, NO-BAKE, just FOUR ingredients, and ready in FIVE minutes!! It doesn’t get any better than that and no campfire required! A hit with kids and adults at parties, potlucks, and picnics!!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.