Golden Graham S’mores Bars — SO EASY, NO-BAKE, just FOUR ingredients, and ready in FIVE minutes!! It doesn’t get any better than that and no campfire required! A hit with kids and adults at parties, potlucks, and picnics!!
Table of Contents
S’mores Cereal Bars Recipe
Why bother with a campfire and all the work when you can have all the flavor of s’mores right in the comfort of your own kitchen? This super easy, no-bake dessert recipe literally takes less than five minutes to whip up. Five minutes. The hardest part is waiting for them to cool enough to dig into.
And there are literally four ingredients: butter, marshmallows, Golden Grahams, and chocolate chips.
The next time you need a dessert to bring to a picnic, potluck, party, kiddie classroom or birthday party, this is a slam dunk with both kids and adults alike. After all, who can resist s’mores?
These s’mores cereal bars are gooey, buttery, crunchy, and chewy. Every bite has so much texture going. So good.
Golden Graham S’mores Bars Ingredients
As promised, this s’mores dessert recipe requires just four ingredients:
- Unsalted butter
- Mini marshmallows
- Golden Grahams cereal
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make S’mores Bars with Golden Grahams
Making no-bake s’mores bars with Golden Grahams is quick and easy. The hardest part is waiting for the cereal mixture to cool enough to slice!
Here’s an overview of how the cereal bars are made:
- Melt the butter and marshmallows over medium heat until smooth.
- Stir in the cereal, then turn the mixture into a foil-lined 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Optionally sprinkle with extra mini marshmallows.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Set aside to cool for about 30 minutes.
Tips for Making S’mores Bars
I sprinkled an additional half-cup marshmallows on the top for both visual appeal and taste, but that does require two bags of marshmallows. Therefore, the extra marshmallows sprinkled on top are optional if you don’t want to buy a second bag of marshmallows. I realize not everyone has bags of half-eaten marshmallows laying around like I do.
If you only have regular sized marshmallows on hand, I recommend roughly chopping them before adding them to the saucepan. This way, they melt quicker.
Also, feel free to get heavier handed with the chocolate. For the photos, I did more of a drizzle so you could better see what’s underneath but you can get carried away and do a thicker drizzle/layer by doubling the amount of chocolate chips that you melt. I mean, why not?
Golden Grahams S’mores FAQs
Of course! You won’t be using the traditional s’mores flavors, but pretty much anything pairs well with graham cereal, melted marshmallows, and chocolate. Think: M&M’s, pretzels, chopped candy bars, and so on.
There’s really no good substitute for Golden Grahams cereal. The best you can do is scan the cereal aisle of your local grocery store for a store-brand version of Golden Grahams. Otherwise, you’re out of luck if you can’t find any!
Although traditional s’mores are made with graham crackers, these s’mores cereal bars must be made with Golden Grahams cereal. Graham crackers won’t create the right texture and will be crushed in the marshmallow mixture.
Sure thing! I prefer making the full batch because it uses up one full box of Golden Grahams plus one bag of marshmallows, and I hate having half-opened bags of ingredients lining around. But you’re welcome to halve the ingredients and use a 9×9 or 8×8-inch baking dish instead.
These s’mores bars will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Pin This Recipe
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced into small cubes
- one 10-ounce bag miniature marshmallows, plus 1/2 cup extra for sprinkling optional
- one 11.7-ounce box Golden Grahams cereal
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- Line a 9×13-inch pan with aluminum foil for easier cleanup and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large pot, add the butter, marshmallows, and heat over medium-low heat until marshmallows and butter have melted and are smooth; stir nearly constantly to avoid burning.
- Add the cereal, toss to coat, and turn mixture out into the prepared pan.
- Optionally, evenly sprinkle 1/2 cup marshmallows over the top; set aside.
- To a small, microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and heat on high power to melt for 30 seconds. Stop every 15 seconds to check and stir until chocolate can be stirred smooth. Evenly drizzle the chocolate over the bars.
- Set pan aside to cool for about 30 minutes, or until bars have set up enough to slice and serve.
- Bars will keep airtight at room temp for up to 1 week.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 182Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 201mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 2g
More No-Bake Cereal Bars:
No-Bake White Chocolate Cinnamon Toast Crunch Bars – EASY, no-bake bars that are soft, chewy, supremely GOOEY, spiked with extra marshmallows, and white chocolate!! An IRRESISTIBLE hit with everyone!!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chex Mix Bars – SO EASY, NO-BAKE, and ready in FIVE minutes!! Chex cereal, pretzels, and M&Ms glued together with peanut butter and marshmallows!! An IRRESISTIBLE salty-sweet combination!!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Bars – Can’t decide if you want PB or chocolate? Make these easy no-bake bars! Chocolate + PB is sooo irresistible!
Chewy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cereal Bars – Easy, no-bake peanut butter cereal bars that are super soft and chewy! Topped with a heavenly chocolate-peanut butter swirl!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Kit Kat Crunch Bars – Easy, no-bake recipe that’s full of peanut butter and topped with chocolate and Kit Kat Bars!
No-Bake Triple Peanut Butter Cereal Bars – Peanut butter is used 3 times in these rich, soft, and very chewy bars! Easy, one-bowl recipe that’s ready in 15 minutes!
No-Bake Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cereal Bars – A peanut buttery twist on classic Rice Krispies Treats with big chewy marshmallows in every bite!
Browned Butter Rice Krispies Treats – The best RKTs ever! Double the butter, and it’s browned, for great flavor and very soft, buttery, and chewy treats!
Special K Bars — Super chewy, gooey, FAST, easy, no-bake cereal bars loaded with peanut butter, chocolate, and sprinkles!! Like scotcheroos but with Special K! Great for impromptu hostess gifts or cookie exchanges because they’re irresistible!!