Chocolate Chip Cookie Smores Bars
This post may contain affiliate links.
Chocolate Chip S’mores Cookie Bars — Between layers of super soft chocolate chip cookie dough there’s chocolate, marshmallows, and graham cracker crumbs for the most DECADENT smores ever!! So EASY and just 4 main ingredients!!
Chocolate Chip S’mores Cookie Bars
This s’mores chocolate chip cookie bars recipe is actually a spinoff from a recipe in my first cookbook, Peanut Butter Comfort, on pages 79-81. It’s an incredibly easy recipe, takes advantage of some baking shortcuts, and the way I count things, only has four key ingredients.
If you don’t have these convenience items in your area or aren’t into baking shortcuts, then I recommend making any of my other smores-inspired recipes.
This s’mores bar recipe is as easy as unwrapping a few pre-made convenience items, pressing them into a pan, and baking. That’s it. So easy. And so rich, satisfying, and delicious from the buttery dough, with gooey marshmallow creme oozing out, and loads of chocolate in every bite.
If you can’t decide between chocolate chip cookies or s’mores, this recipe has you covered on both fronts.
What’s in Chocolate Chip S’mores Cookie Bars?
To make these s’mores chocolate chip cookie bars, you’ll need:
- Refrigerated prepared chocolate chip cookie dough
- Extra large chocolate bars
- Marshmallow creme
- Graham cracker crumbs
Can I Use Another Type of Cookie Dough?
I don’t see why not! As long as you buy a refrigerated cookie dough and not one that’s frozen or one you have to mix together yourself. I bet you could also use gluten-free or vegan pre-made cookie doughs, if desired.
How to Make S’mores Cookie Bars
Start by pressing one package of softened prepared chocolate chip cookie dough into the bottom of a pan.
Add two big Hershey’s bars or your favorite chocolate bars, spread a layer of marshmallow creme, sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs, and top with another package of softened prepared chocolate chip cookie dough before baking.
Above all else, I enjoy this recipe the most when it’s slightly underbaked. In my oven, that’s about 16-17 minutes. Once the top layer of chocolate chip cookie dough is lightly golden browned, that’s my cue to pull these from the oven and then my patient waiting game begins until I can dive into the most decadent smores ever.
Do I Have to Use Hershey’s Chocolate Bars?
Of course not! I stuck with two extra-large, classic, all-American Hershey Bars but you can use your favorite chocolate. Two 4.4-ounce Hershey Bars fit perfectly in a 9×9-inch pan.
Tips for Making S’mores Cookie Bars
I recommend lining your pan with a high quality, thick, heavy duty nonstick aluminum foil for easier cleanup. Nothing like trying to scrub off baked-in marshmallow creme remnants from your pan.
Make sure your slabs of cookie dough are nicely softened to room temp. The bottom layer is easy to press into your baking pan.
When adding the top layer, flatten it slightly in the white cardboard piece that it’s packaged with and then plop that on top. If it breaks or rips, smoosh the dough back together the best you can. It will spread/bake into itself in the oven more than likely anyway. This is not a beauty contest.
After baking, make sure you allow the bars to cool sufficiently before slicing them if you want them to stay somewhat neat and intact. For me, this means planning ahead and making this recipe before bed and allowing the bars to cool overnight in the pan. But if you can’t wait overnight, or even for a few hours for them to cool, you can dig in knowing they will be super messy and could fall apart. But s’mores are messy after all.
- two 16-ounce packages refrigerated prepared chocolate chip cookie dough, softened to room temp
- two 4.4-ounce extra large chocolate bars, or your favorite chocolate bars
- one 7-ounce jar marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350F, line a 9x9-inch baking pan with heavy duty nonstick aluminum foil for easier cleanup, spray with cooking spray, and press one of the slabs of cookie dough into the bottom of the pan creating a smooth flat layer.
- Add the chocolate bars.
- Add the marshmallow creme and spread it evenly as best you can using a spatula. It's sticky, take your time, and do the best you can.
- Evenly sprinkle with the graham cracker crumbs.
- Slightly flatten the second package of cookie dough onto the white carboard insert it comes with using your palm. Transfer it as best you can to the pan. If it breaks, cracks, or rips, smoosh the dough back together with your fingers the best you can. It will likely all spread together while baking.
- Bake for approximately 16-18 minutes, or until the top is lightly golden browned, or as done as desired. I prefer this recipe slightly underbaked for maximum gooey factor.
- Allow bars to cool for at least 3 hours, or overnight, in the pan before slicing and serving. Slicing earlier will result in messy bars that may fall apart.
- Recipe will keep airtight for up to 5 days.
- Adapted from Peanut Butter Comfort.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 309Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 155mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 1gSugar: 28gProtein: 3g
More S’mores Dessert Recipes:
S’mores Bars – SO EASY, NO-BAKE, just FOUR ingredients, and ready in FIVE minutes!! It doesn’t get any better than that and no campfire required! A hit with kids and adults at parties, potlucks, and picnics!!
Soft and Gooey Loaded S’mores Bars – Fast, easy, and so good!
S’mores Cake — Chocolate cake gets poked all over and soaked in a marshmallow creme mixture before being topped with crushed graham crackers, toasted marshmallows, and hot fudge sauce.
Marshmallow Caramel Oreo Cookie S’mores Bars – No campfire needed for these Smores! Chocolaty with plenty of gooey caramel and marshmallows!
S’mores Brownie Pie — Each bite of the pie is so satisfying and starts with a base of dense, fudgy, rich brownies, topped with melted chocolate chips, fluffy gooey marshmallows, and sprinkled with crunchy bits of graham crackers.
Soft and Chewy S’mores Cookies — Loaded with chocolate, marshmallows, and graham crackers!! The best smores you’ll ever eat and no campfire required!!
Peanut Butter S’mores Cookie Pie — A peanut butter and graham cracker cookie underneath gooey marshmallows and melted chocolate!! You don’t need a campfire for these easy and AMAZING smores! Grab a spoon and dig in!!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.