Chocolate Chip M&M’s Bars — Soft buttery bars loaded with M&M’s and chocolate chips are a guaranteed hit!! Fast, easy, foolproof, no mixer recipe that’s so much simpler than making cookies!!
M&M’s Cookie Bars Recipe
The only thing I may possibly like better than soft and chewy M&M’S cookies are cookie bars. Bars are my favorite kitchen shortcut because they’re so fast and easy to make. No dough to chill or individual cookies to form.
For these very soft, slightly chewy, buttery cookie bars that are loaded with M&M’s and chocolate chips, I called upon my trusty blondie base.
When I want an easy, fuss-free, one-bowl, no-mixer recipe that I know everyone will love, it’s my go-to. With 25+ versions and counting, it never lets me down.
It’s an easy recipe to memorize because everything is ‘one’. In the 1 bowl used, melt 1 stick of butter, stir in 1 egg, 1 cup of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon vanilla, and 1 cup flour.
I stirred in 1 cup of the new Crispy M&M’s, but anything from Dark to Pretzel to Peanut Butter M&M’s would be wonderful. M&M’S has a Pinterest page where you can check out new recipes for baking inspiration.
I loved the texture contrast of the soft bars, with gooey chocolate chips, and the Crispy M&M’s that stay crispy even after being baked. My family’s eyes lit up when they saw these M&M’s bars, and they sure didn’t last long.
What’s in M&M’s Bars?
To make these easy bar cookies, you’ll need:
- Unsalted butter
- Light brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Crispy M&M’s
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make M&M’s Bars
Melt then butter, then whisk in the egg, brown sugar, and vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients, then gently fold in the chocolate chips and M&M’s.
Turn the batter into a foil-lined 8×8-inch baking dish and bake until done.
Allow bars to cool in pan for at least 1 hour before slicing and serving.
How to Store M&M’s Cookie Bars
These M&M’s bar cookies will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Can I Double This Recipe?
You should be able to, yes. However, some readers who have tried doubling this recipe have said their cookie bars have turned out too greasy. If that happens to you, I recommend scaling back the amount of butter to 1 1/2 sticks total and seeing how that works out for you.
Tips for Making M&M’s Bars
I used crispy M&M’s, but you can use any variety you’d like. Likewise, you can add different mix-ins besides chocolate chips, if desired. Chopped nuts and dried fruit would both be good additions!
Note that I always bake with metal pans and line them with foil for easier cleanup. If baking with a glass pan, your bars may turn out slightly different from mine.
Lastly, note that these bars firm up as they cool. Be careful not to over bake them, otherwise they’ll be too dry.
Pin This Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 cup Crispy M&M’s (or your favorite M&M’s like Dark, Pretzel, Peanut Butter), plus more for sprinkling
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl melt the butter, about 1 minute on high power.
- Wait momentarily before adding the egg so you don’t scramble it. Add the egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour, salt, and stir until just combined, don’t overmix.
- Stir in the M&M’s and chocolate chips.
- Turn batter out into prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
- If desired, evenly sprinkle about 1 tablespoon each of M&M’S and chocolate chips for an extra visual pop, tapping them down lightly with your fingertip.
- Bake for about 25 to 28 minutes (I baked 26 minutes), or until done. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter. Bars firm up as they cool.
- Allow bars to cool in pan for at least 1 hour before slicing and serving.
Bars will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 310Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 111mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 1gSugar: 32gProtein: 3g
More Easy Bar Cookies:
Loaded M&M Oreo Cookie Bars – Stuffed to the max with M&Ms and Oreos! Easy, no-mixer recipe that’s ready in 30 minutes. Always a hit! On the cover of Taste of Home Magazine and pinned 650K+ times!
Chocolate Chip S’mores Cookie Bars — Between layers of super soft chocolate chip cookie dough there’s chocolate, marshmallows, and graham cracker crumbs for the most DECADENT smores ever!! So EASY and just 4 main ingredients!!
Triple Peanut Butter Monster Cookie Bars – Peanut butter is use 3 different ways and baked into bars. Great for pantry odds-and-ends cleanout!
Peanut Butter Cup Peanut Butter Bars — An easy, fuss-free recipe that everyone will love. There’s peanut butter, peanut butter cups, and chocolate chips!
Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars — A FAST and EASY dessert that is on the HEALTHIER side with only 1/4 cup butter and no oil!! Bold banana flavor, chewiness from the oats, and plenty of chocolate in every bite!!
Tagalong Cookie Bars — Say hello to year-round Girl Scout cookie season with these delish bars! All the flavors of the classic cookies in easy bar form!!
Peanut Butter Brookies— These brookies are soft and chewy, with peanut butter and chocolate married together in every bite. All you need is two bowls, and no mixer is required!
Post is brought to you by M&M’S. The recipe, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own.