M&M’S Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
This post may contain affiliate links.
The only thing I may possibly like better than soft and chewy M&M’S® cookies are cookie bars.
Bars are my favorite kitchen shortcut because they’re so fast and easy to make.
No dough to chill or individual cookies to form.
For these very soft, slightly chewy, buttery bars that are loaded with M&M’S and chocolate chips, I called upon my trusty blondie base.
When I want an easy, fuss-free, one-bowl, no-mixer recipe that I know everyone will love, it’s my go-to . With 25+ versions and counting, it never lets me down.
It’s an easy recipe to memorize because everything is ‘one’. In the 1 bowl used, melt 1 stick of butter, stir in 1 egg, 1 cup of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon vanilla, and 1 cup flour.
I stirred in 1 cup of the new Crispy M&M’S, but anything from Dark to Pretzel to Peanut Butter M&M’S would be wonderful. M&M’S just launched a new Pinterest page where you can check out new recipes for baking inspiration.
I loved the texture contrast of the soft bars, with gooey chocolate chips, and the Crispy M&M’S that stay crispy even after being baked. My family’s eyes lit up when they saw these and they sure didn’t last long.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 cup Crispy M&M’S (or your favorite M&M’S like Dark, Pretzel, Peanut Butter, plus more for sprinkling
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl melt the butter, about 1 minute on high power.
- Wait momentarily before adding the egg so you don’t scramble it. Add the egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour, salt, and stir until just combined, don’t overmix.
- Stir in the M&M’S and chocolate chips.
- Turn batter out into prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
- If desired, evenly sprinkle about 1 tablespoon each of M&M’S and chocolate chips for an extra visual pop, tapping them down lightly with your fingertip.
- Bake for about 25 to 28 minutes (I baked 26 minutes), or until done. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter. Bars firm up as they cool. Allow bars to cool in pan for at least 1 hour before slicing and serving. Bars will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Loaded M&M Oreo Cookie Bars – Stuffed to the max with M&Ms and Oreos! Easy, no-mixer recipe that’s ready in 30 minutes. Always a hit! On the cover of Taste of Home Magazine and pinned 650K+ times!
Triple Peanut Butter Monster Cookie Bars – Peanut butter is use 3 different ways and baked into bars. Great for pantry odds-and-ends cleanout!
Homemade Little Debbie Cosmic Brownies – Some of the best brownies I’ve ever made and much more decadent than storebought Cosmic Brownies!
Frozen Chocolate Pudding and Wafer Cake (No-Bake, 3 ingredients) – An easy icebox cake that’s perfect for summer events!
The Best Soft and Chewy M&M’S Cookies – Big, bakery-style cookies you can make at home that are better than the bakery’s! An easy recipe for the classic cookies everyone loves!
Soft and Chewy M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies – If you’re looking for a new M&M cookie recipe, this is the one! Soft, buttery, and irresistible!
Soft M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies – Soft, chewy, thick, and people love these big cookies loaded with M&Ms and chocolate!
Soft and Chewy M&Ms Cookies – Soft, melt-in-your mouth buttery cookies stuffed with M&Ms!
Triple Peanut Butter Cookie Pie – This fast & easy cookie pie has peanut butter worked in 3 different ways. If you’re a peanut butter lover, this pie is for you!
Loaded Soft and Chewy M&M Cookie Pie – If you like M&M cookies, you’ll love this biggie version! Super easy and always a big hit!
Post is brought to you by M&M’S. The recipe, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.