Soft and Gooey Loaded Smores Bars
This post may contain affiliate links.
Soft and Gooey Loaded Smores Bars – The flavors and texture of smores baked into bars is so much more practical than standing around a campfire!
Who can resist super soft, chewy, gooey bars that are loaded with great texture.
The batter is a stir-together, one bowl recipe that comes together in less than 5 minutes before turning it out into a pan and baking.
I love the batter because it’s buttery and made with brown sugar, and it takes on caramel notes while baking.
To it I added the classic smores ingredients: chopped graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate chips.
When adding the smores components to the batter, it’ll appear that there’s more add-ins than batter. And that’s fairly accurate.
The abundance of add-ins ensures the bars are taste like taking a big bite of warm, gooey smores rather than eating a blondie that has a few marshmallows or chocolate chips added.
The graham crackers retain a bit of crunch while they bake and melted chocolate chips go so well with graham crackers.
The marshmallows are very slightly toasted and they puff, enveloping the bars in their sticky wonderfulness.
Those strings of marshmallow goo are heaven on earth.
It takes me longer to roast one perfect marshmallow over a campfire than it does to make the bars.
I have no patience for slow-cooked, perfectly golden marshmallows. I usually employ the ignite-and-blow-out strategy for my roasted marshmallows. A little black never hurt anyone, but no worries about finding a campfire to make these.
They’re some of my favorite gooey bars. There’s a great balance of rich and satisfying density from the blondie dough, coupled with lightness and fluffiness of the marshmallows.
The combination of chocolate, graham crackers, and marshmallows, all suspended in a buttery, brown-sugar based dough, is pure bliss.
If you don’t have anything on your Labor Day dessert menu plan, or have no plans to stand around a campfire any decade soon, may I suggest these.
They’re ready from start to finish in under 30 minutes, and will be a hit with friends and family.
They were definitely a hit here.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 full-size graham crackers, roughly chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 heaping cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl melt the butter, about 1 minute on high power.
- Wait momentarily before adding the egg so you don’t scramble it. Add the egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour and stir until just combined, don’t overmix.
- Add the graham crackers and any crumbs on cutting board, marshmallows, chocolate chips and fold to incorporate.
- Turn batter out into prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
- Bake for about 20 to 22 minutes, or until bars have firmed up in the center and edges will be set. Some marshmallows may have developed a hint of golden color. Allow bars to cool in pan for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving. Bars will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 273Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 45mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 3g
S’mores Bars — SO EASY, NO-BAKE, just FOUR ingredients, and ready in FIVE minutes!! It doesn’t get any better than that and no campfire required! A hit with kids and adults at parties, potlucks, and picnics!!
Chocolate Chip S’mores Cookie Bars — Between layers of super soft chocolate chip cookie dough there’s chocolate, marshmallows, and graham cracker crumbs for the most DECADENT smores ever!! So EASY and just 4 main ingredients!!
Peanut Butter Cocoa Krispies Smores Bars – Almost no-bake and amazing bars
Deep Dish Double Chocolate Golden Grahams Smores Bars (Vegan & GF options)
Marshmallow Peanut Butter Double Chocolate Pillowtop Bars (GF with Vegan options) – One of my fave desserts of 2011, combining sweetened condesed milk, oats, peanut butter, chocolate. Soft, squishy, and gooey
When was the last time you had Smores?
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.