Skinny Mexican Bean and Corn Salad
This is such an fast and easy salad to make and it’s loaded with flavor and textures galore.
Two kinds of beans, juicy corn and tomatoes, crisp peppers, and green onions are tossed in a lime-chili-cumin vinaigrette that’s perfectly light.
The salad is great for summertime potlucks, picnics, try it for lunch, or a meatless dinner. You don’t even need to turn on your oven. Love that in the summer.
It’s healthy, loaded with fiber and protein, naturally gluten-free and vegetarian. If you omit the cheese, it becomes accidentally vegan.
I had queso fresco cheese in my fridge which is a classically Mexican, mild-flavored, cow’s milk cheese. I get it at my regular grocery store but you can add another favorite cheese if you can’t find it.
I’m all for skinny, bikini-friendly salads especially this time of year. I couldn’t stop eating it.
Skinny Mexican Bean and Corn Salad
This is such an fast and easy salad to make and it’s loaded with flavor and textures galore. Two kinds of beans, juicy corn and tomatoes, crisp peppers, and green onions are tossed in a lime-chili-cumin vinaigrette that’s perfectly light. Great for summertime potlucks, picnics, lunch, or a meatless dinner. It’s healthy, loaded with fiber and protein, naturally gluten-free and vegetarian and vegan if you omit the cheese. I’m all for skinny, bikini-friendly salads especially this time of year.
- one 15.25-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed (I used no-salt added)
- one 15.25-ounce can dark kidney beans, drained and rinsed (I used 50% reduced sodium)
- one 15.25-ounce can corn, drained and rinsed (I used no-salt added; fresh or frozen corn may be substituted)
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved if desired
- 3/4 cup red bell peppers, diced small
- 3/4 cup queso fresco, diced small (another cheese may be substituted)
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced into thin rounds
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, finely minced, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoon agave or honey
- 1 tablespoon chili powder, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin, or to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- Salad – To a large bowl, add all ingredients and stir to combine; set aside.
- Dressing – To a medium bowl, add all ingredients, whisk to combine, pour over salad, and toss to combine. Taste salad, check for seasoning balance, and make any necessary flavor adjustments, i.e. more salt, pepper, vinegar, honey, etc. and add as desired.
- Cover, refrigerate for at least 3 hours to allow flavors to marry, and serve chilled. Salad will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 4 days, noting more liquid will collect as time passes.
All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Avocado, Black Bean and Corn Salad with Lime-Cumin Vinaigrette – Everything tastes better with avocado! Easy, healthy and tons of flavor!
Loaded Beef Taco Salad with Creamy Lime Cilantro Dressing – Loaded with your favorite taco fixings, minus the shells, to keep things healthier without sacrificing any flavor! The dressing is easy, creamy and irresistible!
Loaded Chicken Taco Salad with Creamy Lime-Cilantro Dressing – Fast, easy, fresh and healthy! All your favorite taco flavors in one big kickin’ salad that everyone will love!
Mexican Wedge Salad with Creamy Avocado-Cilantro Dressing – A Mexican twist on the classic wedge salad with black beans, peppers, corn, crunchy tortilla strips, and more!! Easy, healthy, and the dressing is so flavorful!!
Blueberry Corn Salsa – Berries, corn, jalapeno, cilantro, and more in this easy and healthy salsa that’s ready in 5 minutes!! So good you can eat it on it’s own like a salad! The sweet fruit balances the heat and it’s a guaranteed hit!
Lime Cilantro Chicken with Mixed Rice and Black Beans – Easy, one skillet, 15-minute meal! Tons of textures and bold flavors in every bite! The lime makes this dish just pop!
Tropical Chickpea Salad – Pineapple, mango, pineapple salsa, and pico de gallo tossed with chickpeas for a salad that tastes like a tropical vacation! Easy, ready in 5 minutes, loaded with sweet-yet-savory flavor, and so healthy!