Sweet Chili Grilled Chicken
This post is sponsored by Sutter Home.
There’s nothing like the taste of grilled chicken in the summer. Tender, so juicy, and full of flavor.
You’re going to want something refreshing to wash the chicken down with and I reached for Sutter Home White Zinfandel.
This refreshing American original has a medium sweet flavor profile and delivers delicious notes of strawberry and melon.
It’s a flavorful pairing that perfectly balances the spicy heat of the chicken with the sweet refreshing taste of chilled wine just in time for warm weather.
This sweet wine is especially great with Asian and Mexican dishes and paired perfectly with the chicken.
For an easy, healthy, complete meal with zero cleanup, toss bell peppers or your favorite veggies on the grill, and dinner is ready in about 10 minutes.
It’s a perfect main dish for our family but if you’d like to add a salad, rice, or potatoes, feel free.
It’s great as an easy weeknight dinner when you need to get something on the table quickly.
And with warmer weather on the way, it’s perfect for backyard barbecues or summer holidays like Memorial Day or the Fourth of July. Bring on summer grilling season.
Sweet Chili Grilled Chicken
There's nothing like the taste of grilled chicken in the summer. Tender, juicy, and full of flavor. This chicken packs some heat and spice from the sweet chili sauce I marinated the chicken in. Sutter Home White Zinfandel is the perfect sweet wine pairing for the spicy chicken. For an easy, healthy, complete meal with zero cleanup, toss bell peppers or your favorite veggies on the grill and dinner is ready in 10 minutes.
Yield: serves 3 to 4
Prep Time: 1+ hour, for marinating
Cook Time: about 10 minutes
Total Time: about 70+ minutes
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce (such as this or this)
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- about 1 to 1.25 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used one large breast that I sliced in half)
- optional bell peppers, sliced into thin strips and lightly coated with olive oil and salt and pepper, to taste
- green onions, sliced into thin rounds for garnishing
- pair with Sutter Home White Zinfandel
- To a large ziptop plastic bag, add the sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, chicken, seal bag, and squish the contents around so chicken is evenly coated. Place bag in the fridge to marinate for at least 1 hour (overnight is great if you can plan ahead).
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Add the chicken, optional bell peppers, and grill for about 10 minutes, or until chicken (and peppers) are cooked through; flip intermittently to ensure even cooking.
- Garnish with green onions and pair with Sutter Home White Zinfandel. Chicken is best fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Recipe from Averie Cooks. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
My Favorite Easy Chicken Recipes are ALL HERE
Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Kabobs – Juicy chicken and crisp vegetables coated in a sweet-and-tangy sauce! Great for parties or easy weeknight dinners! Everything tastes better grilled!
Sweet and Tangy Jerk Chicken with Caramelized Pineapple and Mango – Easy and ready in 15 minutes! Dinner that tastes like a tropical vacation is a guaranteed hit!
Kicked Up Cornflake Chicken – Easy, ready in 30 minutes, so crispy on the outside and tender and juicy inside! The sauce has the perfect amount of kick to keep you going back for more!
Apple, White Cheddar, and Grilled Chicken Salad – All the flavors just pop in this fast, easy, and healthy salad! The Honey-Apple Cider Vinaigrette doubles as marinade + salad dressing to save time!
Sheet Pan Orange Chili Salmon – Make restaurant-quality salmon at home in 30 minutes! Easy and packed with so much flavor from orange juice, honey, and chili seasoning!!
Post is brought to you by Sutter Home. The recipe, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own. #SweetonSpice #SutterHome #SutterHomeWine #Wine #Cocktail #WineCocktail #WhiteZinfandel