Grilled Cajun Chicken and Pineapple Foil Packets
This post may contain affiliate links.
Grilled Cajun Chicken and Pineapple Foil Packets — EASY, tasty, ready in 15 minutes, HEALTHY, and since it’s made in a foil pack on the grill, there’s ZERO cleanup!! Perfect for easy-breezy summer meals!!
Easy Grilled Chicken and Pineapple
Nothing says summer like throwing some chicken on the grill, and with this ultra fast and easy foil pack recipe, you’re going to be devouring your meal in no time. The chicken infused with the Cajun flavors as well as from the pineapple. The pineapple gets even sweeter after it’s been grilled and for me is just irresistible.
The Cajun seasoning is perfect with pineapple. It reminds me of when I’m in Mexico and order a ‘prepared pineapple,’ which comes doused in Tajin and lime juice.
Thanks to the natural juices and tenderizing effect of pineapple, the chicken is tender, juicy, and so moist. Just be sure not to overcook it. Cleanup is as easy as tossing away the foil, which is my idea of the perfect ending to a meal.
What’s in Grilled Cajun Chicken and Pineapple?
To make this foil wrapped chicken recipe, you’ll need:
- Chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Cajun seasoning
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Fresh pineapple
- Lime juice
- Fresh cilantro
How to Make Cajun Chicken and Pineapple Foil Packs
Making chicken in foil on the grill is so easy! Simply add bite-sized pieces of chicken to a square of foil, drizzle with olive oil, season with Cajun seasoning, salt, pepper, add fresh pineapple, seal up the foil packets, and grill for 10 minutes at most.
All grills vary in their heat intensity but my chicken is perfect at about 8 1/2 to 9 minutes, at 10 minutes it’s still fine, but by 11 to 12 minutes, it’s overcooked and a bit too dry for my liking.
The exact grilling time will of course depend on the heat intensity of your grill and how much food is in each of your foil packets. You may have to play around a bit what works for you and your grill. Just remember when you open the foil packets, they are very hot and there is lots of hot steam so use caution.
Can I Make Cajun Chicken and Pineapple in the Oven?
When the weather is warm I appreciate being able to use my outdoor grill so I don’t have to heat up my house, but you can bake the foil packets in a 425F oven for about 15 minutes (and check and see from there) if you don’t have a grill.
Tips for Making Grilled Cajun Chicken
I am a person who adores pineapple any way — including on pizza, warm, chilled, and grilled. I love grilled pineapple in sangria. If grilled/warm pineapple doesn’t sound like a win to you but you still want to try the foil packet concept, nix the pineapple and instead go with veggies.
Try what I used in this Foil Pack Barbecue Chicken, including diced zucchini and red and yellow bell peppers. Or add small corn on the cob hunks for a true Cajun-inspired meal.
Note that if you do use pineapple it’s best to use fresh pineapple in this recipe rather than canned. Canned pineapple is quite soft and is often packed in syrup, which won’t pair well with the cajun grilled chicken.
- 1.25 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 cups fresh pineapple cubes
- 4 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- fresh cilantro, optional for garnishing
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Alternatively, preheat oven to 425F.
- Place 4 large sheets of foil on the counter and evenly distribute the chicken to the center of each piece of foil.
- Evenly drizzle with olive oil, about 1 tablespoon per piece of foil.
- Evenly season with Cajun seasoning, to taste.
- Evenly season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Evenly distribute the pineapple in a mound over the chicken, about 1/2 cup pineapple per sheet of foil.
- Evenly add the lime juice right over the pineapple, about 1 tablespoon per sheet of foil.
- Seal up the foil packs very tightly, place them on the grill and grill for about 8 1/2 to 10 minutes. Exact grilling time will vary based on the type of grill, the size, the heat level, how thick the chicken is, etc. If you’re baking these in the oven, I would start checking at 15 minutes and go from there.
- Optionally garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.
- Recipe is best warm and fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 402Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 1177mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 45g
More Grilled Chicken Recipes:
Foil Pack Barbecue Chicken – Ready in 15 minutes and such an EASY way to enjoy barbecue chicken on the grill!! A DELISH and HEALTHY meal made in a foil pack with ZERO cleanup!!
Spicy Garlic Grilled Chicken – An EASY homemade marinade made with everyday ingredients that produces super FLAVORFUL, juicy chicken!! If you’re looking for a NEW marinade to jazz up grilled chicken, this is the one!!
Grilled Lemon Chicken – EASY, ready in 10 minutes, and the chicken is so TENDER, juicy, and full of LEMON flavor!! With grilled broccoli on the side, this is a HEALTHY recipe perfect for swimsuit season that tastes AMAZING!!
Sweet Chili Grilled Chicken – Tender, juicy, and full of flavor from the sweet chili sauce! Easy, healthy, ready in 10 minutes, zero cleanup, perfect for backyard barbecues or easy weeknight dinners!
Peach Chili Grilled Chicken – Tender, juicy, and full of flavor from the sweet peach preserves and chili garlic sauce! The perfect contrast! Easy, healthy, ready in 10 minutes, zero cleanup, perfect for backyard barbecues or easy weeknight dinners!
Grilled Chicken With Watermelon Mango Mint Salsa – The chicken is tender, juicy, and the EASY salsa made with watermelon, mango, and mint adds so much fresh FLAVOR!! Healthy, FAST, EASY, zero cleanup, perfect for backyard barbecues or easy weeknight dinners!!
Grilled Tandoori Chicken – Recreate this Indian favorite QUICKLY and EASILY at home!! If you’re looking for a new spin on grilled chicken, this is THE recipe to try! Super juicy, flavorful, and you’ll LOVE IT!!
Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Kabobs – Juicy chicken and crisp vegetables coated in a sweet-and-tangy sauce! Great for parties or easy weeknight dinners! Everything tastes better grilled!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.