Grilled Pineapple Strawberry Lemonade Sangria
I haven’t shared a party punch, sangria, or adult-themed beverage recipe in awhile.
With the weather getting warmer, this is the perfect thirst quencher and it goes down very easily. Too easily but that’s okay.
Rather than just adding pineapple, strawberries, and lemons, I first grilled the pineapple.
Grilling brings out the natural sugars in the pineapple in a wonderfully sweet way that works so well in the sangria. The lightly charred flavor is unexpected and wonderful.
Tip – To clean a pineapple in about one minute, simply chop off the top and the base, stand it up on the base, and slice down vertically to remove all the skin. After the skin has been removed, slice down vertically to create about 5 long wedges, taking care to avoid the tough and fibrous core.
The wedges are what you’ll grill and after grilling dice them into bite-sized pieces.
Use your favorite light white wine such as a sauvignon blanc, reisling, chardonnay or go with something bubbly like a sparkling white, prosecco, or champagne. If going the bubbly route, don’t add it until you plan to serve the sangria because it will lose it’s carbonation.
The sangria is so refreshing, light, and is perfect for your next spring or summer party or event. Even if that means a ‘party’ of just one other gal pal, a cheese board, and lots of fun stories. That’s my idea of a great party.
Grilled Pineapple Strawberry Lemonade Sangria
This is the perfect thirst quencher and it goes down very easily. Grilling brings out the natural sugars in the pineapple in a wonderfully sweet way that works so well in the sangria. The lightly charred flavor is unexpected and wonderful. Use your favorite light white wine or go with something bubbly like a sparkling white, prosecco, or champagne. If going the bubbly route, don’t add it until you plan to serve the sangria because it will lose it’s carbonation. The sangria is so refreshing, light, and is perfect for your next spring or summer party or event.
- 1 fresh pineapple, cleaned (read blog post for cleaning tips) and sliced into long wedges (about 8 inches long by 2 inches thick)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups strawberries, trimmed and diced or sliced
- 1 lemon sliced into thin rounds, optional (adds tartness)
- 1 1/2 cups lemonade
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- one 750 ml bottle chilled light white wine (sauvignon blanc, reisling, chardonnay, etc) or bubbly (sparkling wine, prosecco, champagne, etc.)
- mint sprigs, optional for garnishing
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat or if using a grillpan, preheat over medium-high heat.
- Lightly brush the pineapple wedges on all sides with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Grill for about 3 to 4 minutes per side, or as necessary until char marks develop. Remove from the grill, slice into bite-sized pieces, and add pieces to a large pitcher. You may not need all of them; extras are great as garnishes.
- Add the strawberries, optional lemon slices, lemonade, pineapple juice, wine, refrigerate for at least 2 hours (overnight is better), optionally garnish with mint springs, and serve. Tip – If using a bubbly, don’t add it until you’re ready to serve because it will lose it’s carbonation. Recipe is intended for those for whom alcohol use is legal and appropriate.
All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Peach Mango Pineapple White Sangria – A lighter, fresher alternative to red sangria! Try it for your next party!
Tropical Strawberry Lemonade Party Punch – Sweet and citrusy with a tropical vibe! So fast and easy!! Punch and sangria all in one with loads of fruit! (can be made virgin)
Sparkling Apple Cider Sangria – Apples, oranges, pomegranate seeds, and cinnamon sticks with sparkling cider are a fun twist on classic sangria! So easy! Make it for your next party and everyone will want a refill!
Tropical Mango Mimosas – A fun, easy, and refreshing twist on classic mimosas! A party favorite at your next brunch or event!
5-Calorie Raspberry Lime Margarita Fizz (non-alcoholic) – 5-Calorie Raspberry Lime Margarita Fizz (non-alcoholic) – Cool, refreshing, and won’t break your caloric bank with only 5 calories!
Lightened-Up Raspberry Coconut Punch – Sweet, tangy, refreshing and isn’t a caloric lead balloon! But don’t worry, it still packs a punch!
The Best Homemade Margaritas: All-Natural, 3-Ingredients – No sugar so you can sip worry-free! They go down way too easily!
Malibu Sunset – Fun, fruity, easy, tropical, and they go down so easily!
Mango Coconut Water Tropical Martini – At just 100 calories a drink, you can sip worry-free!
Rum Runner – My favorite recipe for rum runners from a Caribbean bartender!
Tropical Peach Pineapple Slushies – Plenty of booze and no added sugar, a win-win! Cool, refreshing, and they go down so easily!
Watermelon Lemon Drop Slushies – Wondering what to do with all the watermelon you have? Make easy, cool, refreshing slushies!
Kiss On The Lips Cocktail – Frozen mango, rum, vodka, peach schnapps, and a KISS of drizzled grenadine! Fruity, tropical, and they go down way too easily!