Grilled Chili Peach Chicken
Grilled Chili Peach Chicken — Tender, juicy, and full of FLAVOR from the sweet peach preserves and chili garlic sauce!! The perfect contrast! EASY, healthy, ready in 10 minutes, zero cleanup, perfect for backyard barbecues or easy weeknight dinners!
Spicy-Sweet Chili Peach Chicken
Chicken on the grill is always a winner. Tender, so juicy, and full of flavor that you can only achieve on the grill.
With summer grilling season in full swing, this grilled chicken recipe will come in handy when you need an easy, healthy dinner, with zero cleanup, that’s ready in 10 minutes. It reminds me of this Sweet Chili Grilled Chicken!
I made this peach chicken with peach preserves, but you could easily amp up that delicious peach flavor by grilling peaches to alongside it. I like using peach preserves because they caramelize once heated on the grill and make this chicken incredibly sweet and sticky. The chili sauce balances out the sweetness from the preserves perfectly!
What’s in This Chili Peach Chicken?
For this easy grilled chicken recipe, you’ll need:
- Peach preserves
- Low-sodium soy sauce
- Chili garlic sauce
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice (or apple cider vinegar)
- Salt and pepper
- Chicken breasts
- Fresh cilantro, for garnishing (optional)
How to Make Grilled Chicken
Add everything but the chicken into a bowl and whisk to combine. Then pour about 3/4 of the marinade into a zip-top baggie and add in the chicken. Squish the chicken around to coat it in the marinade, then set it in the fridge for at least an hour to soak up all those flavors.
Once marinated, grill the chicken breasts on a preheated grill. Brush the reserved marinade over the chicken while it cooks.
How Long Should I Marinate Chicken?
I like to marinate my chicken overnight for the full flavor effect, but if you’re running short on time, even 30 to 60 minutes will do. The chicken marinates in sweet peach preserves, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, olive oil, and either lemon juice or apple cider vinegar for an acidic and tenderizing touch.
How Long Should I Grill Chicken?
Not sure how long to grill chicken? Don’t worry it’s easy to tell when it’s done! I bought four medium-sized chicken breasts and grilled them for a total of 10 minutes, flipping them intermittently to ensure they cooked through evenly.
You’ll know the chicken is fully cooked when it’s white all the way through and the juices run clear.
What Should I Serve With Peach Chicken?
Served with a salad or grilled veggies, this is an easy, naturally gluten-free, weeknight dinner when you need to get something on the table quickly. It would also be lovely with grilled peaches to really bring out the peach flavor in the chicken. Just halve the peaches, brush the cut sides with olive oil, and grill for a couple minutes, cut side down.
You can double or triple the recipe and make it for your next backyard barbecue. I can’t believe that Fourth of July and Labor Day and so many barbecues and get-togethers are upon us.
Tips for Making Chili Peach Chicken
The grilled chicken breasts have a slight amount of heat and spice from the chili garlic sauce but it’s very mild, for us. I used 1/3 cup chili garlic sauce, but if you’re sensitive to heat dial that back to taste.
If you like more heat, add more chili garlic sauce, cayenne pepper, Tabasco, jalapenos, serranos, etc. to the marinade. The peach preserves are a lovely counterbalance to the heat.
And to ensure your chicken breasts cook at an even rate, you may want to pound them down a bit so they’re the same thickness throughout. This step is totally optional, but if you’re new to grilling chicken it might help you out!
More Grilled Chicken Recipes:
- Sweet Chili Grilled Chicken — Tender, juicy, and full of flavor from the sweet chili sauce! Easy, healthy, ready in 10 minutes, zero cleanup, perfect for backyard barbecues or easy weeknight dinners!
- Foil Pack Barbecue Chicken — Ready in 15 minutes and such an easy way to enjoy barbecue chicken on the grill! A delish and healthy meal made in a foil pack with zero cleanup!
- Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Kabobs – Juicy chicken and crisp vegetables coated in a sweet-and-tangy sauce! Great for parties or easy weeknight dinners! Everything tastes better grilled!
- Grilled Tandoori Chicken — Recreate this Indian favorite QUICKLY and EASILY at home! If you’re looking for a new spin on grilled chicken, this is THE recipe to try.
- Honey Barbecue Grilled Chicken — EASY, healthy, ready in 10 minutes, zero cleanup, perfect for backyard barbecues or easy weeknight dinners!
- 1 1/2 cups peach preserves
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup chili garlic sauce, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- about 2.50 to 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used 4 medium sized breasts)
- fresh cilantro, optional for garnishing
- peppers, optional for garnishing (serrano, jalapeno, habanero, etc.)
- To a medium bowl, add the peach preserves, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and whisk to combine; set aside.
- To a large ziptop plastic bag, add the chicken and about three-quarters of the marinade. Seal bag and squish the contents around so chicken is evenly coated. Place bag in the fridge to marinate for at least 1 hour (overnight is great if you can plan ahead). Set aside the remaining unused marinade to brush on chicken while it cooks; refrigerate it if you’re marinating overnight or for longer than an hour or so.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Add the chicken and grill for about 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through; flip intermittently to ensure even cooking. Brush the reserved marinade on the chicken intermittently while it cooks.
- Optionally garnish chicken with cilantro, peppers, and serve immediately. Chicken is best fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Recipe adapted from my Sweet Chili Grilled Chicken.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 796 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 231mg Sodium: 1414mg Carbohydrates: 72g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 48g Protein: 87g
Even More Easy Grilling Recipes:
Grilled Vegetables with Smoky Honey Mustard Sauce — Grilling gives these simply prepared vegetables the perfect amount of smoky flavor and the dipping sauce accentuates that lovely smokiness!! Healthy, fast, EASY, zero cleanup, and ready in 5 minutes!!
Grilled Steak Kabobs — Juicy steak with sweet bell peppers, onions, zucchini, and pineapple for the PERFECT sweet-and-savory kabob!
10-Minute Honey Barbecue Grilled Shrimp – Fast, EASY, healthy, ready in 10 minutes, and the perfect way to enjoy shrimp!
10-Minute Grilled Pepperoni Pizza – The EASIEST and FASTEST pizza you will ever make!! If you’ve never tried making pizza on the grill, you need to try it!