Grilled Chili Peach Chicken — Tender, juicy, and full of FLAVOR from the sweet peach preserves and chili garlic sauce!! The perfect contrast! EASY, healthy, ready in 10 minutes, zero cleanup, perfect for backyard barbecues or easy weeknight dinners!
Table of contents
- Spicy-Sweet Chili Peach Chicken
- What’s in This Chili Peach Chicken?
- How to Make Grilled Chicken
- How Long Should I Marinate Chicken?
- How Long Should I Grill Chicken?
- Grilling Tips
- What Should I Serve With Peach Chicken?
- Tips for Making Chili Peach Chicken
- More Grilled Chicken Recipes:
- Even More Easy Grilling Recipes:
Spicy-Sweet Chili Peach Chicken
Chicken on the grill is always a winner. Tender, so juicy, and full of flavor that you can only achieve on the grill.
With summer grilling season in full swing, this grilled chicken recipe will come in handy when you need an easy, healthy dinner, with zero cleanup, that’s ready in 10 minutes. It reminds me a bit of this Sweet Chili Grilled Chicken!
I made this peach chicken with peach preserves, but you could easily amp up that delicious peach flavor by grilling peaches alongside it.
I like using peach preserves because they caramelize once heated on the grill and make this chicken incredibly sweet and sticky. The chili sauce balances out the sweetness from the preserves perfectly!
What’s in This Chili Peach Chicken?
For this easy grilled chicken recipe, you’ll need:
- Peach preserves
- Low-sodium soy sauce
- Chili garlic sauce
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice (or apple cider vinegar)
- Salt and pepper
- Chicken breasts
- Fresh cilantro, for garnishing (optional)
Note: All ingredients amounts are listed in the recipe card section when you keep scrolling down.
How to Make Grilled Chicken
This recipe is a cinch to make as is most anything on the grill!
- Add everything but the chicken into a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Then pour about 3/4 of the marinade into a zip-top baggie.
- Add in the chicken. Tip – Before adding it, pound the chicken to an even thickness with a meat tenderizing mallet for best grilling results.
- Squish the chicken around to coat it in the marinade, then set it in the fridge for at least an hour to soak up all those flavors.
- Once marinated, grill the chicken breasts on a preheated grill.
- Brush the reserved marinade over the chicken while it cooks, rest, slice, and serve it.
How Long Should I Marinate Chicken?
If I plan ahead, I like to marinate my chicken overnight for the full flavor effect, but if you’re running short on time, even 30 to 60 minutes will do.
The chicken marinates in sweet peach preserves, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, olive oil, and either lemon juice or apple cider vinegar for an acidic and tenderizing touch.
How Long Should I Grill Chicken?
Not sure how long to grill chicken? Don’t worry it’s easy to tell when it’s done!
I used four medium-sized chicken breasts and grilled them for a total of 10 minutes, flipping them intermittently to ensure they cooked through evenly.
The internal temperature as measured with a digital thermometer should be 160F when you pull them off the grill. During a 5 to 10 minute resting period, the temperature will actually climb to 165F which is the safe recommended temp for chicken breasts.
If you’re not using a thermometer and are “guessing”, you’ll know the chicken is fully cooked when it’s white all the way through and the juices run clear.
1. You don’t have to have and probably shouldn’t have your grill cranked up to it’s max heat! It’s better to go a little lower-and-slower so the chicken cooks through on the inside before the outside gets burnt or charred.
2. I aim for a medium-high heat on my grill and keep one side hotter and the other cooler so I can move the chicken around to a cooler spot, if needed.
3. Finally, pound chicken to an even thickness with a meat tenderizing mallet. The uniformity ensures that you will avoid that dreaded problem where half of one chicken breast is cooked (the skinnier or flatter side) and the thicker side is still raw. Pounding your chicken before you marinate is the best insurance against uneven cooking issues!
What Should I Serve With Peach Chicken?
It would also be lovely with grilled peaches to really bring out the peach flavor in the chicken. Just halve the peaches, brush the cut sides with olive oil, and grill for a couple minutes, cut side down.
You can double or triple the recipe and make it for your next backyard barbecue. I can’t believe that Fourth of July and Labor Day and so many barbecues and get-togethers are upon us.
Tips for Making Chili Peach Chicken
The grilled chicken breasts have a slight amount of heat and spice from the chili garlic sauce but it’s very mild, for us. I used 1/3 cup chili garlic sauce, but if you’re sensitive to heat dial that back to taste.
If you like more heat, add more chili garlic sauce, cayenne pepper, Tabasco, jalapenos, serranos, etc. to the marinade. The peach preserves are a lovely counterbalance to the heat.
And to ensure your chicken breasts cook at an even rate, you may want to pound them a bit so they’re the same thickness throughout. This step is technically optional, but if you’re new to grilling chicken it will help you out!
No Grill, No Problem!
If you don’t have an outdoor grill but still want to make the recipe, you can bake the chicken in a 9×13 pan in a 375F oven until it’s done. It will depend on the exact quantity and thickness, but start checking at 25 minutes and bake until done, possibly 30-35 minutes depending on your particular variables.
Or use an indoor grill pan and recreate a similar flavor experience!
More Grilled Chicken Recipes:
- Sweet Chili Grilled Chicken — Tender, juicy, and full of flavor from the sweet chili sauce! Easy, healthy, ready in 10 minutes, zero cleanup, perfect for backyard barbecues or easy weeknight dinners!
- Foil Pack Barbecue Chicken — Ready in 15 minutes and such an easy way to enjoy barbecue chicken on the grill! A delish and healthy meal made in a foil pack with zero cleanup!
- Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Kabobs – Juicy chicken and crisp vegetables coated in a sweet-and-tangy sauce! Great for parties or easy weeknight dinners! Everything tastes better grilled!
- Grilled Tandoori Chicken — Recreate this Indian favorite QUICKLY and EASILY at home! If you’re looking for a new spin on grilled chicken, this is THE recipe to try.
- Honey Barbecue Grilled Chicken — EASY, healthy, ready in 10 minutes, zero cleanup, perfect for backyard barbecues or easy weeknight dinners!
Pin This Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups peach preserves
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup chili garlic sauce, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- about 2.50 to 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used 4 medium sized breasts)
- fresh cilantro, optional for garnishing
- peppers, optional for garnishing (serrano, jalapeno, habanero, etc.)
- To a medium bowl, add the peach preserves, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and whisk to combine; set aside.
- To a large ziptop plastic bag, add the chicken and about three-quarters of the marinade. Seal bag and squish the contents around so chicken is evenly coated. Place bag in the fridge to marinate for at least 1 hour (up to overnight is fine if you can plan ahead). Set aside the remaining unused marinade to brush on chicken while it cooks; refrigerate it if you’re marinating overnight or for longer than an hour or so.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Add the chicken and grill for about 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through; flip intermittently to ensure even cooking. Discard the bag with the marinade the chicken was. marinating in.
- Brush the reserved marinade on the chicken intermittently while it cooks.
- Optionally garnish chicken with cilantro, peppers, and serve immediately. Chicken is best fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Recipe adapted from my Sweet Chili Grilled Chicken.
Nutrition Stats - Because you are discarding the larger portion of marinade after you remove the chicken from the bag with it and place the chicken on the grill, you are obviously not consuming every last drop. However, the stats take into account that you would be since it's a computer generated estimate and cannot distinguish that point. Therefore, the stats (especially for sugar and sodium) are skewing higher than they are in reality.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 660Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 193mgSodium: 1035mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 1gSugar: 40gProtein: 72g
Even More Easy Grilling Recipes:
Grilled Sweet and Spicy Basil Chicken — EASY, amazing, PERFECTLY grilled chicken that’s sweet-and-spicy with tons of FRESH basil flavor! Learn how to make the BEST grilled chicken and serve it with a side of lightly charred grilled vegetables! Perfect for summer barbecues, picnics, potlucks, and grilling season!
Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken with Guacamole — EASY, ready minutes, and the chicken is tender, juicy, and full of Mexican-inspired flavors!! Chunky guacamole pairs PERFECTLY with this grilled chicken! A family favorite recipe everyone loves!!
Grilled Sriracha Lime Chicken – EASY, ready in 10 minutes, and the chicken is SPICY, tender, and juicy!! Put this HEALTHY chicken recipe on your summer menu when you want to kick things up a notch!!
Grilled Pineapple Chicken — EASY, ready in 10 minutes, and the flavor of the juicy chicken makes you feel like you’re on a TROPICAL island!! Grilled peppers on the side makes for the PERFECT summer meal that’s HEALTHY and DELICIOUS!!
Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken Skewers — Fast, easy, and loaded with sweet-and-savory pineapple teriyaki flavor! Made with just a handful of basic ingredients, these grilled chicken skewers will be a family FAVORITE!
Hawaiian Grilled Chicken and Pineapple — Transports you to Hawaii with every bite of this tender, juicy chicken and the grilled pineapple seals the deal!!
Grilled Honey BBQ Chicken — Tender, juicy, full of FLAVOR, and a great recipe to jazz up grilled bbq chicken. EASY, healthy, ready in 10 minutes, zero cleanup, perfect for backyard barbecues or easy weeknight dinners!
Grilled Spicy Garlic Chicken — An EASY homemade marinade made with everyday ingredients that produces super FLAVORFUL, juicy chicken!!
Grilled Sweet Chili Chicken — Tender, juicy, and full of FLAVOR from the sweet chili sauce!! EASY, healthy, ready in 10 minutes, zero cleanup, perfect for backyard barbecues or easy weeknight dinners!!
Grilled Lemon Chicken — EASY, ready in 10 minutes, and the chicken is so TENDER, juicy, and full of LEMON flavor!! With grilled broccoli on the side, this is a HEALTHY recipe perfect for swimsuit season that tastes AMAZING!!
Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken Kabobs — Juicy chicken and crisp vegetables coated in a sweet-and-tangy sauce!! Great for parties or easy weeknight dinners! Everything tastes better grilled!!
Easy Chicken Satay With Peanut Sauce — Look no further from this FAST and EASY recipe for authentic-tasting Thai chicken satay. The chicken is so tender and juicy and there’s plenty of homemade PEANUT SAUCE to dip it into!
Grilled Cajun Chicken and Pineapple Foil Packs — EASY, tasty, ready in 15 minutes, HEALTHY, and since it’s made in a foil pack on the grill, there’s ZERO cleanup!! Perfect for easy-breezy summer meals!!
Grilled Tandoori Chicken — Recreate this Indian favorite QUICKLY and EASILY at home! If you’re looking for a new spin on grilled chicken, this is THE recipe to try. It’s super juicy, flavorful, and you’ll LOVE IT!!
Grilled Chicken Berry Salad — Big, hearty, healthy, and chock full of juicy grilled chicken, blueberries, blackberries, creamy avocado, hard-boiled eggs, and more!
Grilled Vegetables with Smoky Honey Mustard Sauce — Grilling gives these simply prepared vegetables the perfect amount of smoky flavor and the dipping sauce accentuates that lovely smokiness!! Healthy, fast, EASY, zero cleanup, and ready in 5 minutes!!
Grilled Steak Kabobs — Juicy steak with sweet bell peppers, onions, zucchini, and pineapple for the PERFECT sweet-and-savory kabob!
10-Minute Honey Barbecue Grilled Shrimp – Fast, EASY, healthy, ready in 10 minutes, and the perfect way to enjoy shrimp!
10-Minute Grilled Pepperoni Pizza – The EASIEST and FASTEST pizza you will ever make!! If you’ve never tried making pizza on the grill, you need to try it!
Originally posted July 2, 2018 and reposted June 30, 2023 with updated text.