Grilled Steak Kabobs
This post may contain affiliate links.
Grilled Steak Kabobs — Juicy steak with sweet bell peppers, onions, zucchini, and pineapple for the PERFECT sweet-and-savory kabob!! You’ll want to fire up your grill for these! Fast, EASY, zero cleanup, and DELISH!!
This post is a collaboration with Beef. It’s What’s For Dinner. on behalf of the Beef Checkoff. The recipe, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own.
Healthy Grilled Steak Kabobs Recipe
I can’t believe Memorial Day is right around the corner. Hello summer, hello grilling season! Nothing says summer like grilling, and what better thing to throw on the grill than some juicy steak kabobs?
In addition to tender top sirloin, I loaded up these beef kabobs with bell peppers, red onions, zucchini, and pineapple. It’s a summery meal on a stick — vegetables, fruit, and protein all in one. I love the sweet aspect the pineapple lends to the overall savoriness.
Beef is a top protein choice that not only tastes great, but it’s also a source of strength to fuel you through your busy workday, your kid’s after-school sports practice, or your own spinning or yoga classes. Beef helps you be your best self and is a source of strength for your family.
Beef fuels your day-to-day stamina because it’s a complete, high-quality protein that contains all the essential amino acids the body needs to support physical activity and a strong, healthy life. The iron in beef, which is more easily absorbed than iron from plant sources, can help prevent fatigue, and the protein in beef contains the optimal mix of amino acids for building and repairing muscle.
People love beef’s rich flavor and thanks to it being a high-quality protein, lean beef is a smart choice for weight management because it helps you stay satisfied — especially when it’s paired with healthy fruit and vegetables like in this steak kabob recipe.
Visit www.BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com/nutrition for more recipe inspiration and education surrounding beef.
These grilled steak kabobs are fast, easy, and with grilling I love that I don’t have to heat turn on my oven and heat up my house. I used my outdoor gas grill, but you can make the kabobs on an indoor grill pan.
Cleanup is as easy as throwing away a few wooden skewers. Love that. The steak skewers are perfect for your next backyard barbecue party or as an easy-peasy weeknight dinner.
Here’s a highlight reel showing some snippets from an average day of mine that require strength. Everything from running in Balboa Park to cleaning up my messy kitchen after many recipes and photo shoots to tackling my epic daily laundry pile to helping my preteen daughter clean her ever-messy room. I definitely need the right kind of fuel for strength for all that activity.
What’s in Grilled Steak Kabobs?
For the steak kabob marinade, you’ll need:
- Soy sauce
- Apple cider vinegar
- Black pepper
And to build the steak shish kabobs, you’ll need:
- Bell peppers
- Red onion
- Fresh pineapple
- Fresh parsley
What’s the Best Steak for Kabobs?
I recommend using boneless top sirloin steak when making grilled steak kabobs.
How to Grill Steak Kabobs
This beef kabob recipe couldn’t be simpler to make! To a large ziptop bag, add the steak kabob marinade ingredients, and squish contents around to mix and evenly coat the steak. Place bag in the fridge to marinate for at least 15 minutes, or up to 4 hours.
Once the beef has had time to marinate, add a piece of steak to a skewer, along with pieces of peppers, onion, zucchini, pineapple, and repeat the ingredients until the skewer is full. You should be able to make eight large steak kabobs with this recipe.
Add the beef kabobs to a lightly oiled grill, cover, and cook to your liking. If desired, season with salt and pepper and garnish with fresh herbs.
How Long to Grill Steak Kabobs
If you like your steak pieces medium rare, grill the kabobs for 7 minutes. And for a medium center, grill for 9 minutes. The steak will stay nice and juicy, and the veggies will have a lovely bite to them.
Tips for the Best Steak Kabobs
If you’re using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them for 15 minutes prior to assembling the kebobs. This will keep them from burning on the grill.
Fresh pineapple is a must in this steak kabob recipe. Canned pineapple is too soft to grill, and it’s often too sweet since it’s packed in syrup.
Finally, feel free to change up the vegetables you use in this recipe. You can use any veggies you have on hand, but just keep in mind that different vegetables cook at different rates. But play around with this beef kabob recipe and figure out what you like!
- about 8 metal skewers (or wooden skewers, soaked in water for 10 minutes)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- about 1.5 pounds boneless top sirloin steak center cut, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red onion, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large zucchini, diced into bite-sized pieces
- about 1 1/2 cups fresh pineapple, diced into bite-sized pieces
- salt and pepper, for seasoning to taste, if desired
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, cilantro, or basil for garnishing; optional
- To a large ziptop bag, add the soy sauce, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, pepper, steak, seal bag, and squish contents around to mix and evenly coat the steak. Place bag in the fridge to marinate for at least 15 minutes, or up to 4 hours.
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium heat; alternatively preheat an indoor grill pan.
- To a wooden skewer, add a piece of steak, pieces of peppers, onion, zucchini, pineapple, and repeat the ingredients until the skewer is full. Repeat with all remaining skewers.
- Add the kabobs to a lightly oiled grill, cover, and cook for about 7 minutes for medium rare (145F) and about 8 to 9 minutes for medium (160F) doneness. Turn kabobs occasionally. Exact cooking time will vary on the type of grill, the size, the heat level, how big the pieces of steak are on each kabob, etc. Cook until done to your personal preference.
- If desired, season with salt and pepper, and optionally garnish with fresh herbs. Let kabobs rest a few minutes prior to serving. Kabobs are best warm and fresh.
- Recipe inspired by Citrus-Marinated Beef Top Sirloin & Fruit Kabobs
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 295Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 713mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 24g
More Easy Grilling Recipes:
Easy Chicken Satay With Peanut Sauce — Look no further from this FAST and EASY recipe for authentic-tasting Thai chicken satay. The chicken is so tender and juicy and there’s plenty of homemade PEANUT SAUCE to dip it into!
10-Minute Grilled Honey Barbecue Shrimp — Fast, EASY, healthy, ready in 10 minutes, and the perfect way to enjoy shrimp!! Tender, juicy, and full of such great FLAVOR from the barbecue sauce and honey!!
Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Kabobs — The chicken is juicy and moist, the vegetables are crisp-tender, and the natural flavor that comes with grilling just makes everything taste so good.
Grilled Lemon Chicken — EASY, ready in 10 minutes, and the chicken is so TENDER, juicy, and full of LEMON flavor!! With grilled broccoli on the side, this is a HEALTHY recipe perfect for swimsuit season that tastes AMAZING!!
Grilled Honey Lemon Butter Salmon — EASY, ready in 10 minutes, and a FOOLPROOF way to make grilled salmon!! Wonderfully tender, so juicy, just melts in your mouth, and has FABULOUS flavor!!
Grilled Lime Cilantro Chicken — EASY, ready in 10 minutes, and the cilantro chicken is so TENDER, juicy, and full of Mexican-inspired flavor!! Put this HEALTHY chicken recipe on your summer menu rotation and it’ll be a hit with everyone!!
Spicy Garlic Grilled Chicken – An EASY homemade marinade made with everyday ingredients that produces super FLAVORFUL, juicy chicken!! If you’re looking for a NEW marinade to jazz up grilled chicken, this is the one!!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.