Grilled Lime Sriracha Chicken — EASY, ready in 10 minutes, and the chicken is SPICY, tender, and juicy!! Put this HEALTHY chicken recipe on your summer menu when you want to kick things up a notch!
Table of Contents
- Spicy Sriracha Chicken Recipe
- What’s in Grilled Lime Sriracha Chicken?
- How to Make Grilled Sriracha Chicken
- How Long Should I Marinate Chicken?
- How Long Do You Grill Chicken?
- Chicken Grilling Tip
- What to Serve with Grilled Chicken
- Tips for Grilling Lime Sriracha Chicken
- Grilled Sriracha Lime Chicken Recipe
- More Grilled Chicken Recipes:
Spicy Sriracha Chicken Recipe
I love spicy food and this Sriracha grilled chicken is perfect when I’m craving a walk on the spicy side. But it’s also light and healthy tasting because the marinade is very simple and ‘clean’, all things considered.
But just to be clear, this lime Sriracha chicken is fairly spicy and turned out spicier than I was expecting. I guess that’s what happens when you marinate the chicken overnight in a heaping half cup of sriracha!
It’s the kind of spicy that you have one bite and think, wow, that was pretty spicy. And then two seconds later you’re craving another bite. And another bite. If you don’t like spicy food or have people who don’t like spicy food, check out some of my other awesome grilled chicken recipes.
You may just have everything in your fridge and pantry to make this marinade because it’s as simple as sriracha, lime juice, lime zest, olive oil, honey, and pepper. It delivers flavorful, tender, juicy chicken with a hint of lime and plenty of fresh, herby cilantro.
What’s in Grilled Lime Sriracha Chicken?
To make this spicy grilled chicken recipe, you’ll need:
- Chicken breasts
- Lime juice and zest
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Fresh cilantro
How to Make Grilled Sriracha Chicken
- Add all the ingredients to a large zip-top bag and set in the fridge to marinate.
- Once the chicken has had time to soak up the flavors of the marinade, grill over medium-high heat until cooked through.
- Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges and enjoy!
How Long Should I Marinate Chicken?
I like to marinate my chicken overnight for the full and tenderizing effects, but if you’re running short on time, even 30 to 60 minutes will do.
How Long Do You Grill Chicken?
As a shortcut, I used thin-sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts.
Their thinner size makes for faster grilling times and much more even cooking.
This spicy grilled chicken would be even faster with chicken breast tenders (sometimes called breast cutlets or medallions), but as it is with the thin-sliced breasts I only needed to grill them for 5 minutes per side and they were done.
Chicken Grilling Tip
I highly recommend you pound your chicken with a meat tenderizer tool before marinating it so that when you do place it on the grill it will cook evening.
Thick chicken breasts are insanely difficult to grill well. That’s because the outside will tend to char before the inside is completely cooked through. Of course it’s possible if you’re a grill master. But for the rest of us, pounding the chicken to a thinner and uniform thickness takes a lot of the guesswork and difficulty out of grilling!
What to Serve with Grilled Chicken
The spicy grilled chicken pairs well with almost any summer side dish. If you need a few ideas, here are some of my favorite sides for grilled chicken:
- Grilled Vegetables With Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
- Grilled Vegetables with Basil Vinaigrette
- Garden Fresh Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Grilled Corn and Avocado Salad
- Lemon Basil Orzo and Vegetables
- Creamy Mexican Grilled Corn and Zucchini Salad
- Macaroni Pasta Salad
- Watermelon Margaritas
Tips for Grilling Lime Sriracha Chicken
Many times with large chicken breasts on the grill, I struggle to keep the outside from becoming overly dark before the interior is fully cooked through but with either thin-sliced or breast tenders (or pounded chicken – see my tip above!), you don’t have to worry about that.
To change up the flavor of this spicy grilled chicken, you could try using another favorite hot sauce of yours. Just keep in mind that you don’t want to use anything too spicy since this recipe calls for 1/2 cup of hot sauce.
If you wind up with leftover Sriracha chicken, I recommend enjoying it cold atop salads and sandwiches.
Pin This Recipe
Grilled Sriracha Lime Chicken
- 1 ½ pounds thin-sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts, I had 5 breasts
- ½ cup sriracha
- 1 to 2 teaspoons lime zest
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 to 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, for garnishing
- lime wedges, optional for garnishing
- To a large ziptop plastic bag, add all ingredients except cilantro, seal, and smoosh around to evenly coat chicken. Place bag in fridge for at least 30 minutes, or overnight, to marinate.
- Lightly oil grill grates and preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken, discard the bag with the marinade, and grill for about 5 minutes on the first side with lid closed, flip, and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes on the second side with lid closed, or until chicken is cooked through and as done as desired.
- Garnish chicken with cilantro, optional lime wedges, and serve immediately. Chicken is best fresh but extra will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
©averiecooks.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
More Grilled Chicken Recipes:
Grilled Lime Cilantro Chicken – EASY, ready in 10 minutes, and the chicken is so TENDER, juicy, and full of Mexican-inspired flavor!! Put this HEALTHY chicken recipe on your summer menu rotation and it’ll be a hit with everyone!!
Spicy Garlic Grilled Chicken – An EASY homemade marinade made with everyday ingredients that produces super FLAVORFUL, juicy chicken!! If you’re looking for a NEW marinade to jazz up grilled chicken, this is the one!!
Grilled Lemon Chicken – EASY, ready in 10 minutes, and the chicken is so TENDER, juicy, and full of LEMON flavor!! With grilled broccoli on the side, this is a HEALTHY recipe perfect for swimsuit season that tastes AMAZING!!
Sweet Chili Grilled Chicken – Tender, juicy, and full of flavor from the sweet chili sauce! Easy, healthy, ready in 10 minutes, zero cleanup, perfect for backyard barbecues or easy weeknight dinners!
Peach Chili Grilled Chicken – Tender, juicy, and full of flavor from the sweet peach preserves and chili garlic sauce! The perfect contrast! Easy, healthy, ready in 10 minutes, zero cleanup, perfect for backyard barbecues or easy weeknight dinners!
Foil Pack Barbecue Chicken – Ready in 15 minutes and such an easy way to enjoy barbecue chicken on the grill! A delish and healthy meal made in a foil pack with zero cleanup!
Grilled Chicken With Watermelon Mango Mint Salsa – The chicken is tender, juicy, and the EASY salsa made with watermelon, mango, and mint adds so much fresh FLAVOR!! Healthy, FAST, EASY, zero cleanup, perfect for backyard barbecues or easy weeknight dinners!!
Grilled Tandoori Chicken – Recreate this Indian favorite QUICKLY and EASILY at home!! If you’re looking for a new spin on grilled chicken, this is THE recipe to try! Super juicy, flavorful, and you’ll LOVE IT!!
Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Kabobs – Juicy chicken and crisp vegetables coated in a sweet-and-tangy sauce! Great for parties or easy weeknight dinners! Everything tastes better grilled!