Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Kabobs
This post may contain affiliate links.
Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken Kabobs — Juicy chicken and crisp vegetables coated in a sweet-and-tangy sauce!! Great for parties or easy weeknight dinners! Everything tastes better grilled!!
Grilled Chicken Kabobs with Vegetables
Warmer weather means grilling season and kabobs are always a crowd favorite. And honey mustard anything is always a favorite of mine. I love it and always need extra for dipping.
These honey mustard grilled chicken kabobs are easy, healthy, and perfect for your next cookout, party, as a treat for dad on Father’s Day, or as a fun weeknight dinner option.
The chicken marinates in a mixture of honey, yellow mustard, pineapple juice, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. It’s made with everyday ingredients but there’s a nice balance of savory, spicy, salty, and sweet.
The chicken is juicy and moist, the vegetables are crisp-tender, and the natural flavor that comes with grilling just makes everything taste so good. My family loved the kabobs and asked when I’m making them again.
What’s in Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken Kabobs?
To make the grilled chicken kabobs with vegetables, you’ll need:
- Diced chicken breasts
- Pineapple juice
- Yellow mustard
- Olive oil
- Chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
- Red bell peppers
- Yellow onion
And to make the homemade honey mustard sauce, you’ll need:
- Yellow mustard
How to Make Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken Kabobs
I place bite-sized pieces of chicken into a large Ziplock, add all the marinade ingredients using the eyeball method, seal and squeeze the bag, and let it marinate in the fridge until I’m ready to thread the chicken onto skewers.
Then, it’s just a matter of assembling the chicken and veggie kabobs and grilling them. While the honey mustard grilled chicken kabobs cook, I quickly whisk together the honey mustard sauce so everything is ready to eat right away.
How Long to Grill Chicken Kabobs?
These chicken and vegetable kabobs need to cook for about 7 minutes, or until the chicken is done and cooked through, flipping every few minutes as necessary for even cooking.
Tips for Making Grilled Chicken Kabobs
In addition to the chicken, I used red peppers and yellow onions on the kabobs because my family is fond of them, but use your favorite veggies.
You can scale the recipe up or down depending on how many people you’re feeding.
If you don’t have an outdoor grill, you can easily make these honey mustard grilled chicken kabobs on an indoor grill pan. I’ve made this recipe both ways, and the kabobs turn out perfectly no matter what!
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice (orange juice may be substituted)
- 1/3 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 honey
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil, optional (keeps chicken from sticking to grill)
- 1 heaping teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- wooden skewers, soaked for at least 20 minutes prior to grilling
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded and diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped into 1-inch ‘stacks’ of a few pieces of onion
Honey Mustard Dip
- 1/3 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
Make the Chicken Kabobs:
- To a gallon-sized ziptop plastic bag, add the chicken, pineapple juice, yellow mustard, honey, optional olive oil, chili powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder, seal bag, and squish the chicken around gently (don’t puncture bag) but thoroughly enough to coat evenly. Place bag in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, or up to 3 hours, to marinate.
- Place skewers in water to soak, and chop vegetables while chicken marinates.
- Remove chicken from fridge and thread on wooden skewers. On each skewer I typically add 2 pieces chicken, 2 to 3 pieces of red pepper, 1 stack of onion, 2 pieces chicken, 2 to 3 pieces red pepper, 1 stack onion; but use whatever ordering is desired. Continue threading the skewers until all chicken and vegetables have been used.
- Lightly brush leftover marinade over the vegetables so they’re coated.
- Place skewers onto a hot grill or grill pan and cook for about 7 minutes, or until chicken is done and cooked through, flipping every few minutes as necessary for even cooking. While waiting, make the honey mustard dip.
Make the Honey Mustard Dip:
- To a small bowl, add the mustard, honey, and whisk to combine.
- Serve kabobs with dip.
- Kabobs are best warm and fresh, but ingredients can be taken off skewers and placed into an airtight container and will keep for up to 4 days in the fridge. Reheat gently prior to serving if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 447Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 847mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 4gSugar: 27gProtein: 47g
More Grilled Chicken Recipes:
Grilled Cajun Chicken and Pineapple Foil Packs — EASY, tasty, ready in 15 minutes, HEALTHY, and since it’s made in a foil pack on the grill, there’s ZERO cleanup!! Perfect for easy-breezy summer meals!!
Grilled Lemon Chicken — EASY, ready in 10 minutes, and the chicken is so TENDER, juicy, and full of LEMON flavor!! With grilled broccoli on the side, this is a HEALTHY recipe perfect for swimsuit season that tastes AMAZING!!
Grilled Honey BBQ Chicken — Tender, juicy, full of FLAVOR, and a great recipe to jazz up grilled bbq chicken. EASY, healthy, ready in 10 minutes, zero cleanup, perfect for backyard barbecues or easy weeknight dinners!
Grilled Spicy Garlic Chicken — An EASY homemade marinade made with everyday ingredients that produces super FLAVORFUL, juicy chicken!!
Grilled Tandoori Chicken — Recreate this Indian favorite QUICKLY and EASILY at home! If you’re looking for a new spin on grilled chicken, this is THE recipe to try. It’s super juicy, flavorful, and you’ll LOVE IT!!
Grilled Sweet Chili Chicken — Tender, juicy, and full of FLAVOR from the sweet chili sauce!! EASY, healthy, ready in 10 minutes, zero cleanup, perfect for backyard barbecues or easy weeknight dinners!!
Easy Chicken Satay With Peanut Sauce — Look no further from this FAST and EASY recipe for authentic-tasting Thai chicken satay. The chicken is so tender and juicy and there’s plenty of homemade PEANUT SAUCE to dip it into!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.