Blueberry Corn Salsa
It’s even better when the salsa is chunky enough that I can eat it on its own as a ‘salad’.
No chips (technically) necessary, although they make everything better.
The salsa is packed with fresh blueberries, corn, strawberries, jalapeno, cilantro, lime, and hot sauce. There’s texture galore in every bite which I love. However, you can add some or all of the salsa to a food processor and blend it if you prefer a smooth texture.
The sweetness of the fruit balances the spiciness of the jalapeno and hot sauce. I think of it as a sweet-with-heat salsa. The heat is easily controlled by adding less or more of the jalapeno and hot sauce based on preference.
It’s as easy to make as stirring together the ingredients and it’s ready in five minutes.
It tastes great right away but in time the flavors marry and it tastes even better a day or two later. The problem for me is I can’t save any very long.
Blueberry Corn Salsa
The salsa is packed with fresh blueberries, corn, strawberries, jalapeno, cilantro, lime, and hot sauce. There’s texture galore in every bite however you can blend it if you prefer a smooth texture. The sweetness of the fruit balances the spiciness of the jalapeno and hot sauce. It’s a sweet-with-heat salsa and you can control the heat. It’s as easy to make, ready in five minutes, and tastes even better in time as flavors marry.
- 6 ounces fresh blueberries (about 1 heaping cup)
- 1 cup corn (I use frozen roasted corn that I allow to thaw and then drain; fresh corn may be substituted)
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, trimmed and diced small
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves (stems discarded), finely minced
- about 3 tablespoons green jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped; or to taste (I use half of one jalapeno)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, or to taste (Tabasco, Cholula, Tapatio, etc.)
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar, optional and to taste
- To a large bowl, add all the ingredients (except sugar), stir to combine, and taste. Depending on preference, add the sugar to taste; or more salt, pepper, lime juice, hot sauce depending. Serve immediately with chips or as a side ‘salad’ or relish with the protein of your choice. I prefer the salsa with the ingredients kept whole and intact, but transferring a portion or all of the salsa to a food processor and blending briefly is another option. Salsa will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days, noting it will become a bit more watery as the berries, etc. release their juices over time. However, the flavors marry over time and it tastes even better.
All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Easy Restaurant-Style Blender Salsa – Make your own salsa in minutes! Fast, easy, goofproof and tastes 1000x better than anything you’d buy!
The Best Peach Mango Salsa (vegan, GF) – Fast, easy, and tastes a million times better than anything storebought!
Lightened Up Corn and Bean Quesadillas with Avocado-Mango-Chipotle Salsa – Healthier quesadillas with salsa that just completes the dish!
Loaded Guacamole Nachos – Fresh, easy homemade guac on top of cheesy chips is totally irresistible! These disappear fast!
Easy 15-Minute Fish Tacos with Avocado Corn Salsa – Tons of big flavors in a fast, fresh and healthy meal!! A clean-eating recipe that tastes like comfort food!
Do-It-Yourself Guacamole Bar – Make your own guacamole bar and have fun taste-testing the options! Great party idea that everyone loves!
Tropical Chickpea Salad – Pineapple, mango, pineapple salsa, and pico de gallo tossed with chickpeas for a salad that tastes like a tropical vacation! Easy, ready in 5 minutes, loaded with sweet-yet-savory flavor, and so healthy!
Easy Mexican-Inspired Hummus – Jazz up classic hummus with pico de gallo, cilantro, and you won’t be able to stop digging into it with tortilla chips! Easy, healthy, ready in 5 minutes, and a perfect snack that everyone loves!
Loaded Chicken Enchilada Nachos – Juicy chicken soaked in enchilada sauce with black beans, corn, peppers, cilantro, and more! Cheesy, gooey perfection and ready in 5 minutes! Perfect for parties, tailgating, or anytime you need an easy nacho fix!