I adore salsa of any kind and can make a meal out of it. No shame in chips and salsa for dinner for me.
This easy salsa is ready in 5 minutes and I prefer homemade salsa because I control the ingredients. It tastes like a tropical vacation.
I used DOLE Frozen Pineapple Chunks, yellow bell peppers, Roma tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper. A healthy, clean, and simple ingredient list that packs big time flavor and texture.
Add a serrano pepper if you want to crank up the heat. My family prefers yellow peppers, but you can use any color.
DOLE Frozen Fruit is the perfect ingredient that can help you prepare for any occasion, even when the unexpected happens. Like an impromptu Labor Day party you’ve been invited to or when you realize you need to make a last-minute appetizer or snack for an event or extra guests arrive at a get-together you’re hosting.
It’s no problem when you have DOLE Frozen Fruit in your freezer. Disaster averted. Here’s a link to unique recipe ideas.
The salsa is awesome with tortilla chips of course.
I adore salsa of any kind and can make a meal out of it and I especially love fruity salsa. There’s something about the sweet and savory element that I can’t get enough of. This easy salsa is ready in 5 minutes and I prefer homemade salsa because I control the ingredients. Pineapple Chunks, yellow bell peppers, Roma tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper. A healthy, clean, and simple ingredient list that packs big time flavor and texture. The salsa is awesome with tortilla chips and will complement most any Mexican recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups DOLE Frozen Pineapple Chunks, thawed, drained, and diced small
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups bell pepper, seeded and diced small (from about 1 small bell pepper; I used yellow, use your favorite color)
- 1 medium Roma tomato, diced small
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, peeled and diced small
- about 2 tablespoons lime juice, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- pinch granulated sugar, optional and to taste
- To a large bowl, add all ingredients, stir to combine, taste, and check for flavor balance. Make any necessary tweaks based on personal preference, i.e. more salt, pinch of sugar, etc. Serve immediately or cover, refrigerate, and serve chilled. Salsa will keep airtight for up to 5 days in the fridge, noting that it will become more watery as time passes as the produce releases its natural juices. I prefer it about 4 to 12 hours later, after the flavors have married and it’s been chilled.
All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
The Best Peach Mango Salsa – Fast, easy, and tastes a million times better than anything storebought!
Easy Restaurant-Style Blender Salsa – Make your own salsa in minutes! Fast, easy, goofproof and tastes 1000x better than anything you’d buy!
Blueberry Corn Salsa – Berries, corn, jalapeno, cilantro, and more in this easy and healthy salsa that’s ready in 5 minutes! So good you can eat it on it’s own like a salad! The sweet fruit balances the heat and it’s a guaranteed hit!
Loaded Chicken Enchilada Nachos – Juicy chicken soaked in enchilada sauce with black beans, corn, peppers, cilantro, and more!! Cheesy, gooey perfection and ready in 5 minutes! Perfect for parties, tailgating, or anytime you need an easy nacho fix!
Loaded Guacamole Nachos – Fresh, easy homemade guac on top of cheesy chips is totally irresistible! These disappear fast – so good!
Baked Triple Cheese and Salsa Tortilla Chip Dip – Loaded with 3 kinds of cheese and baked to browned, bubbly, golden perfection! Always a hit at parties and great for Superbowl!
Do-It-Yourself Guacamole Bar – Make your own guacamole bar and have fun taste-testing the options! Great party idea that everyone loves!
Avocado, Cream Cheese, and Salsa-Stuffed Puff Pastries – One of my most popular recipes ever! Easy and perfect for parties!
Lightened Up Corn and Bean Quesadillas with Avocado-Mango-Chipotle Salsa (vegetarian/vegan option) – You don’t have to derail your diet to enjoy hearty & satisfying comfort food! This version is only about 300 calories & ready in 15 minutes!
Easy 15-Minute Fish Tacos with Avocado Corn Salsa – Tons of big flavors in a fast, fresh and healthy meal!! A clean-eating recipe that tastes like comfort food!
Post is brought to you by DOLE® . The recipe, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own. #DisasterAverted #FrozenFruit