This post may contain affiliate links.
If you need an easy, no-cook, no-mixer, n0-fuss, foolproof fudge that’s ready in about an hour, this is your recipe.
If you don’t get around to making it for Christmas, put it on your Valentine’s Day list.
It’s loaded with tons of peanut butter so if you’re a peanut butter fan, you’re going to love it.
The fudge itself is made with peanut butter chips and peanut butter. More peanut butter chips are sprinkled on top of the rich, fudgy layer of chocolate ganache.
Rather than making peanut butter fudge balls partially dipped in chocolate to leave a circle of peanut butter visible (hence the name buckeye fudge because the traditional fudge looks like the nut of a buckeye tree), I poured everything into a pan and topped with chocolate.
So much faster and easier than making individual fudge balls and then dipping them one by one in chocolate. I don’t need any extra work around the holidays.
I gave the batch to my daughter’s cheerleading team for a team party and there weren’t any leftovers despite how rich it is.
People can’t resist dense, chewy fudge with a layer of chocolate that’s begging you to sink your teeth into it.
- 3 1/4 cups peanut butter chips, divided
- one 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or half-and-half (do not use regular or whole milk, it doesn’t have enough fat and ganache won’t set up)
- Line an 8×8-inch pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large, microwave-safe bowl, add 3 cups peanut butter chips (reserve remainder for sprinkling later) and heat on high power to melt. Stop to check and stir after 30 to 45 seconds and heat in 10 to 15 second bursts until chips can be stirred smooth, about 1 minute total.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter, and stir to combine. Mixture will be very thick.
- Turn batter out into prepared pan, smoothing it with a spatula as necessary. Place pan in the freezer while you make the ganache.
- To a medium, microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate chips, cream, and heat on high power to melt. Stop to check and stir after 30 to 45 seconds and heat in 10 to 15 second bursts until mixture can be stirred smooth, about 1 minute total.
- Remove pan from freezer and evenly pour the chocolate over the top. Set aside for about 5 minutes to allow the chocolate to cool so it’s not too hot and won’t melt the sprinkled peanut butter chips.
- Evenly sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup peanut butter chips.
- Place pan in the fridge for about 1 hour, or in the freezer for about 30 minutes, to harden before slicing and serving. Although fudge can be stored at room temp, I prefer to store it in the fridge where it will keep airtight for many weeks, or in the freezer where it will keep for many months.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 440Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 171mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 3gSugar: 41gProtein: 12g
I wrote a Peanut Butter Cookbook with 100+ recipes using Peanut Butter!
Tagalongs Cookie Bars – Say hello to year-round Girl Scout Cookie Season with these delish bars! All the flavors of the classic cookies in easy bar form!
Peanut Butter Caramel Twix Bars (almost no-bake) – Just like the classic candy bar that you can make at home and so easy!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Candy Bars – Easy, no-bake, soft, chewy peanut butter bars topped with chocolate and candy!
Chewy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cereal Bars – Like Rice Krispies Treats but better because there’s peanut butter and chocolate! No-bake, soft, chewy, and wonderful!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Kit Kat Crunch Bars – If you like KitKats you’ll love these easy, no-bake bars that are topped with a thick layer of them! Along with more chocolate and peanut butter!
No-Bake Nutter Butter Special K Bars – Nutter Butter cookies along with peanut butter and chocolate in easy, no-bake bars!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars – Super soft bars that just melt in your mouth from all the PB! And all the chocolate!
Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Dough Crumble Bars – Peanut butter cups baked into soft, gooey, chewy bars!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.