Cheesy Hash Brown Quiche
This post may contain affiliate links.
Cheesy Hash Brown Quiche – This EASY quiche uses crispy hash browns as the crust and is topped with cheesy eggs!! The ultimate comfort food brunch or breakfast-for-dinner recipe that everyone LOVES!!
I have a family who loves both hash browns and eggs. They are not picky how they eat their eggs but when they’re baked with cheese on top of a bed of crispy hash browns, I have some very happy campers.
When To Serve This Quiche
This is a perfect easy breakfast or (holiday) brunch recipe.
Or make it as a meatless breakfast-for-dinner meal as a way to change up your usual dinner rotation.
Not A Traditional Quiche
It’s not your traditional quiche with eggs baked inside a typical pastry crust in a tart shell.
Rather than going the traditional route for the crust, instead I used a 16-ounce bag of frozen hash browns that I thawed before baking them in my 9-inch cast iron skillet to allow them to crisp up.
Then just whisk together eggs, cheese, half-and-half, green onions for flavor, add bake until the eggs are set and the cheese is as golden browned as desired.
A Flexible Recipe
If you want to up the veggie quotient in this recipe, to the egg mixture you can add bell peppers, asparagus, mushrooms, onions, or whatever you have on hand that sounds good.
Since we eat a ton of salads and veggies, I let this be all about the hash browns, eggs, and cheese. Pure comfort food that my family devoured and ridiculously easy. Naturally gluten-free and vegetarian too.
Other favorite easy egg recipes:
- 100-Calorie Cheese, Vegetable and Egg Muffins (GF) – Healthy, easy, and only 100 calories! You’ll want to keep a stash on hand!
- Kale and Tomato Frittata – Extremely easy, ready in 10 minutes, and healthy! Perfect for breakfast, brunch, or easy weeknight dinners because you can whip it up in minutes!
- Bacon Cheddar Egg Casserole – Crisp bacon, melted cheese, and green onions add so much flavor! Hearty but stays perfectly light thanks to a secret ingredient! Easy and perfect for breakfast, lazy brunches, or breakfast-for-dinner!
- Creamy and Crispy Hash Browns Frittata – Creamy eggs with crispy hash browns and made in one skillet!
- Baked Ham and Cheese Omelet – No more babysitting omelets at the stove! Pop this into the oven and go sit down and relax! Easy, delish, and perfect for leisurely weekends, holiday brunches, or breakfast-for-dinner!
- about 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 16-ounces hash browns, thawed and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 10 large eggs
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup half-and-half (whole milk or heavy cream may be substituted)
- 2 or 3 green onions, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F and add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a 9-inch cast iron or oven-safe skillet and swirl around to coat evenly.
- Add the hash browns and make sure to pat them in place around the sides of the pan and not just on the bottom.
- Evenly drizzle the hashbrowns with about 3 tablespoons olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and bake for about 45 minutes or until lightly golden browned.
- While the hash browns are baking, to a large bowl add the eggs and whisk to break them up.
- Add 1 1/2 cups cheese, half-and-half, green onions, salt, pepper, and whisk to combine.
- Pour the egg mixture over the hash browns, evenly sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup cheese, return the skillet to the oven, and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until eggs are set and cheese is as golden browned as desired. Baking time will vary based on type of pan used, oven variance, etc. Tip - If your skillet is very full like mine was, place a baking sheet underneath the skillet just in case of a slight bubble-over so it's contained on the baking sheet and not on the bottom of your oven; the quiche rises slightly during baking. Allow quiche to cool for about 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Quiche is best fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 390Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 252mgSodium: 868mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 15g
Kale and Tomato Frittata – Extremely easy, ready in 10 minutes, and healthy! Perfect for breakfast, brunch, or easy weeknight dinners because you can whip it up in minutes!
Easy Spinach and Tomato Frittata – Ready in 10 minutes and healthy! Perfect for any meal!! Great for using up odds-and-ends veggies, too!
Creamy and Crispy Hash Browns Frittata – Creamy eggs with crispy hash browns and made in one skillet!
Bacon Cheddar Egg Casserole – Crisp bacon, melted cheese, and green onions add so much flavor! Hearty but stays perfectly light thanks to a secret ingredient! Easy and perfect for breakfast, lazy brunches, or breakfast-for-dinner!
Baked Ham and Cheese Omelet – No more babysitting omelets at the stove! Pop this into the oven and go sit down and relax! Easy, delish, and perfect for leisurely weekends, holiday brunches, or breakfast-for-dinner!
100-Calorie Cheese, Vegetable and Egg Muffins (GF) – Healthy, easy, and only 100 calories! You’ll want to keep a stash on hand!
100-Calorie Cheesy Sausage and Egg Muffins – Low carb baked egg muffins that are loaded with juicy sausage and cheese! EASY, ready in 30 minutes, and perfect for breakfast, brunches, snacks, or breakfast-for-dinner! You’ll want to keep a stash on hand!!
White Cheddar and Dijon Baked Eggs – Fast and easy comfort food that’s ready in 15 minutes! The Dijon and cheese jazz these eggs right up!
Egg-In-A-Hole Avocado Toast – Slathering warm egg-in-a-hole toast with a creamy chive and lime-scented avocado spread is beyond delicious! It’s an easy recipe that’s ready in 15 minutes and is perfect anytime!
Asparagus, Peas, and Smoked Gouda Frittata – Even the pickiest eaters will eat green vegetables in this healthy and easy 25 minute recipe!
Easy Eggs, Sausage, and Hash Browns Skillet – Hearty comfort food that’s worth getting out of bed for! Great for brunch or as breakfast-for-dinner! Ready in 30 minutes and packed with big flavors!
Eggs In Hell with Italian Sausage – Sometimes called Eggs in Purgatory or shakshuka, this easy dish includes eggs poached in tomatoes with sausage and garlic for tons of flavor! Perfect for breakfast, brunch, or breakfast-for-dinner!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.