Pina Colada Fruit Salad
I can’t think of anything more summery and tropical-tasting than a fresh Fruit Salad that’s tossed in pineapple juice and pina colada mix!! Make this easy Fruit Salad as a way to kick off summer, or learn how to make Fruit Salad with a twist that everyone loves!!
Fruit Salad that Can Make You Fruity… Or Not
This fruit salad is non-alcoholic and gets its pina colada name from – you guessed it – pina colada mix, sans alcohol. I use the shelf-stable, liquid pina colada mix rather than the frozen kind in cans.
Although you could spike the fruit salad with rum for an adults-only crowd. Malibu Rum would be perfect here and that sounds like it could be a lot of fun.
I added coconut and almond extracts for an extra boost of tropical flavors. I am a huge fan of both of those extracts and work them into any recipe I can. They really lend to the summery, tropical, warm weather vibe of this fruit salad.
When Can I Serve This Fruit Salad
This salad is perfect for parties, potlucks, or holidays like Memorial Day, Fourth of July, or Labor Day.
Or make this fruit salad as a way to take advantage of all the fruit you accidentally overbought at the farmers market when your eyes were bigger than your stomach. Everything looks so good in the summer and I am guilty as charged.
Flexible, Easy Recipe
While I used strawberries, two kinds of grapes, blueberries, and pineapple, the recipe will work with anything from peaches, nectarines, kiwi, raspberries, to blackberries.
You can mix and match the quantities of the fruit based on what you have on hand and enjoy most. It’s a very flexible recipe that everyone loves.
Pina Colada Fruit Salad
I can’t think of anything more summery and tropical-tasting than fresh fruit that’s tossed in pineapple juice, coconut and almond extracts, and pina colada mix. The fruit salad is non-alcoholic and gets its pina colada name from you guessed it – pina colada mix, sans alcohol. It’s perfect for parties, potlucks, or as a way to take advantage of summer fruit and will work with most any fruit you have on hand. It’s a very flexible recipe that everyone loves.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 1 cup seedless green grapes
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup canned pineapple chunks, drained; reserve juice
- 1/2 cup loosely packed sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup non-alcoholic pina colada mix (you want liquid, not the frozen cans)
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- To a large bowl, add the strawberries, grapes, blueberries, pineapple chunks, and optional coconut; set aside.
- To a medium bowl, add the pina colada mix, pineapple juice, extracts, and whisk to combine. Depending on how ‘saucy’ you like your fruit salad, feel free to add more pina colada mix or pineapple juice.
- Pour over the fruit, toss to combine, and refrigerate to chill before serving. Fruit salad will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 3 days.
All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Vanilla Fruit Salad – The easiest fruit salad ever thanks to a secret ingredient! Make it for your next party and watch it disappear!
Grilled Pineapple Strawberry Lemonade Sangria – Easy, light, refreshing, and perfect for your next warm weather party! Grilling brings out pineapple’s natural sweetness and it’s delish!
Skinny Pina Colada Smoothie (vegan, gluten-free) – Under 100 calories and tastes just like the real thing!
Pineapple Banana Coconut Cream Smoothie – Creamy, tropical, healthy, and hits the spot on warm days!