Well all know that it’s important to stay hydrated, so I was excited when I got these 3 flavored waters to try from Cascade Ice

Three bottles of Cascade Ice water

Keychain of Cascade Ice Water

No calories, and the flavors were nice.  Not overpowering and not “fake” or chemically tasting like some zero calorie drinks can be.

Waters in Orange Mango, Organic Mixed Berry and LemonadeMy favorite was the orange mango.  I love mango anything!

I drink plenty of water and 99% of the time it’s just regular tap water.  So these were a nice change of pace.  And I dig the insulated cooler bag they sent the water in.

Inside blue cooler bagThis will come in handy when the weather warms up for groceries or frozen foods that need to be kept cool.

The water helped me wash down the sticky-fest I munched on: medjool dates with PB and chocolate chips

Dates, chocolate chips and peanut butter on countertop

Dates stuffed with peanut butter and chocolate chipsRemember “ants on a log” (celery sticks with PB and raisins)?  I like these logs better.

I have had a really busy week.  Aren’t they all? But I did make a batch of Raw Vegan Taco Nut “Meat” which takes all of 30 seconds.

Close up of Raw Vegan Taco Nut "Meat"

For anyone who wants to make a raw vegan “taco salad” that meat lovers will enjoy, try this one.  I would not steer you wrong. I bring this to parties and even die-hard meat-and-potatoes eaters enjoy this recipe.  Feel free to add shredded cheese, sour cream, beans, olives, or anything you’d add to your version of taco salad.
Raw Vegan Taco Nut "Meat" on top of salad The nut meat is hearty, is raw/vegan/GF, and is not bland or boring.   It has a nice kick, for sure.

From my last post, thanks for the compliments on my hair and I’m glad you enjoyed my hair products reviews.

And as I predicted, blog readers love their chickpeas.  Or garbanzo beans, whatever you want to call them. I’m glad you enjoyed my chickpea recipes and thanks for telling me about your faves.

Dessert: I mentioned above that I love mango.  Especially in Mango Banana Vanilla Softserve.

Ingredients for Mango Banana Vanilla Softserve in blender
Mango Banana Vanilla Softserve in bowlYou can always thin it down with more nut milk/water/ice and even add protein powder if you prefer more of a smoothie instead of softserve.

 

Questions:

1. Do you like mangoes?

Yes, I adore them!  I buy TJ’s frozen mango chunks for smoothie/softserve making and fresh mangoes are a splurge for me.

2. How much water do you drink?

95% of what I drink is water.  The other 5% is coffee, homemade kombucha, homemade coconut milk kefir, and every once in awhile, a drink.

But by and large, I drink lots of water but I don’t quantify it in ounces per day.  I’ve read that if your urine is clear and frequent, you’re drinking enough.  And mine is both, so I guess I am doing ok.

3. Do you “force” yourself to drink water or do you drink to thirst?

I am not one of those people who walks around with a gallon jug of water or anything, but when I go out, I never leave the house without my big pink Klean Kanteen jug of water.   I did a post on all our re-usable water bottles.

Two re-useable water bottles on countertop

I would say I do drink to thirst but also sometimes do force myself a bit to drink extra water, just to make sure I am well-hydrated.   Being properly hydrated keeps skin looking better, digestion is better, toxins are flushed easier, thinking is clearer, headaches are prevented, and your body just works better and more efficiently when you’re not in a state of dehydration.  We need water!

They also say that once you start actually feeling thirsty, you are not properly hydrated.  So the key is to drink before that.

There are so many exceptions to the rules though such as exercise and activity levels, personal medical/health circumstances, temperature/climate, sodium intake, food intake (vegetables and fruits do contain lots of water) and so one size doesn’t fit all on the hydration front.

There’s also a point where you can drink too much water.  Rare, but it can happen with devastating consequences.

I would surmise, though, that most people are a bit (or a lot) under-hydrated and the average person probably doesn’t drink enough water.

Talk to me about your water drinking habits!

 

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.