Easter Chocolate Bark
This post may contain affiliate links.
Easter Chocolate Bark – A mixture of milk and white chocolate swirled together and topped with M&Ms and sprinkles!! Such a FAST, EASY, NO-BAKE, and MAKE-AHEAD treat that’s perfect for Easter, springtime, or Mother’s Day!!
Easter Chocolate Candy Bark
When you’re in need of a super fast, easy, and no-bake Easter treat, this chocolate Easter bark is just the thing!
It’s a mixture of milk or dark chocolate topped and swirled together with white chocolate before adding pastel M&Ms and sprinkles.
Homemade chocolate bark is also perfect for the springtime in general.
It’s so easy that even little kids can make it. How cute would it be to surprise mom or grandma with this homemade gift for Easter or Mother’s Day.
Chocolate bark is the ultimate make-ahead dessert because it keeps for weeks.
Ingredients In Chocolate Bark
For this ridiculously easy chocolate candy bark, you’ll need the following ingredients:
How To Make Easter Bark
To make this chocolate Easter bark you’re simply going to melt the milk or semi sweet chocolate and spread it into a parchment-lined 9×13-inch pan.
Then top it with the white chocolate and lightly swirl the two together. This is a case where less is more and I suggest taking it easy with the swirling or else the bark may look a bit muddied.
Top with the M&Ms, sprinkles, and pop it in the fridge to set up.
After the chocolate bark has set, break or chop it into pieces.
What Else Can I Top My Chocolate Bark With?
The sky really is the limit when it comes to making chocolate bark in terms of topping variations.
You can use diced candy bars such as Snickers, Milky Way, Rolo candies, Skittles, or your favorites.
To keep an Easter theme going, mini chocolate eggs would be cute and festive.
If you like a salty-sweet treat lightly crushed mini pretzels are tasty or use a few generous pinches of a high quality sea salt.
How To Store Chocolate Bark
It’s perfectly find to store the bark in an airtight container at room temperature for weeks.
Chocolate keeps for a very long time! In hot climates, you may need to be kept in the fridge.
Tips For The Best Chocolate Bark
Use good quality chocolate for best results. I strongly recommend a chocolate bar rather than chocolate chips since bars melt much smoother and easier than chips which have stabilizers that actually resist melting. I like Trader Joe’s Milk Chocolate Pound Plus Bars for this purpose. Or if you prefer a darker and less sweet chocolate, the 72% Pound Plus Bars are a nice alternative.
If you don’t have a Trader Joe’s in your area and don’t want to order online, you can always go with something like a Ghirardelli chocolate bar.
Additionally, you can use chocolate melting wafers which are specifically designed to melt.
- 12 ounces milk or semi-sweet chocolate*
- 12 ounces white chocolate**
- 3/4 cup pastel-colored M&Ms, or as desired
- 1/4 pastel or Easter-themed sprinkles, or to taste
- Prepare a 9x13 baking pan by lining it with parchment paper.
- Place the milk or semi-sweet chocolate bars or chocolate melting wafers into a large microwave-safe bowl, and heat on high power for 30 seconds. Stop and try to stir.
- Microwave again in 15-20 second bursts, mixing well after each burst. Repeat the process, until the chocolate has completely melted.
- To a separate large microwave-safe bowl, repeat the process for the white chocolate bar or melting wafers and it has completely melted.
- Pour the melted semi-sweet chocolate first over the parchment paper in the prepared pan and spread it evenly out to the edges of the pan.
- Next carefully pour the white chocolate over the top of the semi-sweet chocolate and spread it in an even layer out to the edges of the pan.
- Use a toothpick or tip of a small paring knife to create swirl patterns in the chocolate, as desired. Tip - Don't over-swirl, stop after it looks pretty and don't be tempted to keep going because it will tend to look muddied, not pretty, if over-swirled.
- Evenly sprinkle the M&Ms over the chocolate.
- Evenly sprinkle the sprinkles over the chocolate.
- Place baking pan in the fridge until completely set, at least 1 hour, before breaking into pieces and serving. Bark will keep airtight at room temp for at least 2 weeks, and in the fridge for at least 1 month.
*For the chocolate, I like and recommend something like Trader Joe's Pound Plus Bars in either Milk or 72%. Bars of chocolate are easier to melt than chocolate chips and tend to melt more evenly and consistently. You can also look for chocolate 'melting wafers' which melt very smoothly.
**For the white chocolate, if you can find white chocolate in bars or melting wafers, I much prefer those to white chocolate chips which can be quite resistant to melting and they also scorch easily.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 115Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 36mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 2g
Related Chocolate Recipes:
Cowboy Bark: Trader Joe’s Copycat Recipe – Just like the real thing & ready in 5 minutes. Salty-and-sweet and supremely good!
Graham Cracker Toffee — If you’re looking for a recipe that will disappear at holiday parties, cookie exchanges, neighborhood potlucks, or school bake sales, this graham cracker toffee is a guaranteed winner!! It’s EASY and everyone LOVES it!
Mini Easter Cheesecakes – These cute little cheesecakes are perfect for Easter! Creamy cheesecake filling sits atop a shortbread crust and is topped with a cheesecake pudding whipped cream, coconut, and mini chocolate eggs!
Easter Egg Treasure Cake – This FUN cake is made with two different cake mixes. The eggs, chicks, and bunnies from the first cake are cut out and put in the second cake before it’s baked. Decorated with coconut grass and candy eggs, this is a FESTIVE Easter dessert with buried TREASURES inside!! Use the leftover cake to cut out more mini cakes and let the kids decorate for extra fun!
Easter Egg Bars — Fast, EASY, super soft, and loaded with chocolate M&M’s Eggs galore!! Definitely my favorite type of Easter eggs! SAVE this recipe for your leftover Easter candy!!
Springtime Sugar Cookie Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting — Sugar cookies in bar form with SPRINKLES galore!! FAST, EASY and yummy! Great for springtime, Easter, Mother’s Day, showers, and parties!!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.