Easy 10-Minute Shrimp Scampi
10-Minute Easy Shrimp Scampi – If you thought shrimp scampi was just a dish to order out at a fancier restaurant, think again. You can make mouth-watering shrimp scampi at home in less than 10 minutes!!
What’s In Shrimp Scampi?
There are really only a handful of ingredients in shrimp scampi and most of them you probably have on hand, excluding the shrimp. You will need:
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- White Wine (optional but recommended)
How To Make Shrimp Scampi
Simply melt together butter, olive oil, add garlic, and cook for one minute.
Add the shrimp and cook for about two minutes, add more butter, optional but recommended white wine (see Recipe Notes below if you have concerns), lemon juice, simmer for about two minutes, garnish with parsley and dig in.
It’s ready in less than ten minutes and tastes like a million bucks. Since the buttery sauce is infused with garlic, lemon juice, and the essence of white wine, you are going to want to slurp it up by the spoonful.
What To Serve With Shrimp Scampi
I recommend serving it with spaghetti, angel hair, or a similar type of pasta noodle.
Or of course there’s always the crusty French bread route for maximum butter-soaking potential. Parmesan cheese French bread wouldn’t hurt either.
What Kind Of Shrimp To Use
I highly recommend using fresh, raw large shrimp. For me, that means 12 to 15-count shrimp, or 12 to 15 per pound.
Smaller shrimp just don’t have the same flavor for me.
And they will also cook much faster. As it is, large shrimp like I used really only need a few minutes to cook. Before adding the lemon juice and wine, I cook them for two minutes, then another two minutes after adding the liquids. Small shrimp can cook uncontrollably fast and then become tough and rubbery which you don’t want.
Cooked properly, the shrimp are tender, juicy, succulent, and with the flavorful sauce they’re bathed in, you’ll want to put this easy and delicious recipe into your rotation, even on busy weeknights.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 to 5 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 1.25 to 1.50 pounds large fresh raw shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 cup white wine, optional but recommended (sauvignon blanc or pinot grigio are my favorites, chardonnay in a pinch)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 to 4 tablespoons fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley, finely minced
- pinch red chili flakes, optional and to taste
- To a large skillet, add 2 tablespoons butter, the olive oil, and heat over medium-high heat to melt the butter.
- Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute, or until fragrant; stir constantly.
- Add the shrimp, evenly season with the salt and pepper, cook for 1 minute on the first side, flip, and cook for 1 minute on the second side until shrimp are turning pink and are opaque; they should be about 90% cooked at this point. It's okay if they are not cooked completely because they will be simmering a couple minutes longer.
- Add the white wine, lemon juice, remaining butter, and allow the mixture to simmer for about 2 minutes, or until the shrimp are completely cooked through and the liquid volume has reduced a bit and smells aromatic. Please see Notes below re cooking with wine if you're concerned.
- Add the parsley, optional red chili flakes, stir to combine, and serve immediately. Recipe will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.
1. You'll be able to smell the alcohol cooking off from the wine in the first minute or so of simmering. Anyone who's concerned about using wine, I don't believe in the less than 1/4 cup of wine that you're using for this entire recipe that feeds 4 people, that there is any tangible alcohol content that remains, but this is my personal opinion.
2. If not using wine, I recommend nothing other than maybe a touch more lemon juice or possibly cooking sherry. However, some sherry can taste cheap and could overpower the shrimp so use what you're familiar with.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 333 Total Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 245mg Sodium: 1498mg Carbohydrates: 4g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 24g
Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimp With Angel Hair Pasta – This is the kind of recipe my family loves. Buttery noodles with juicy plump shrimp, flavored with lemon and garlic. And it’s the kind of recipe I love because dinner is ready in 15 minutes and it’s so easy!
Shrimp Ceviche – The EASIEST way to make traditional shrimp ceviche and it tastes the BEST!! Ready in 30 minutes, great as an appetizer, side, or as a healthy main course that everyone LOVES!!
Lime Cilantro Shrimp and Black Bean Salad – Tender juicy shrimp, black beans, avocado, cilantro, and more coated in a lime sauce that’s a FIESTA in your mouth!! An EASY and HEALTHY Mexican-inspired salad that’s ready in 10 minutes!!
Honey Lemon Shrimp and Corn Salad – Tender juicy shrimp nestled in a crunchy fresh salad and everything is coated in an IRRESISTIBLE honey lemon sauce!! An EASY and HEALTHY salad that’s ready in 10 minutes!!
10-Minute Orange Chili Shrimp – The sweet-and-tangy Asian-inspired orange chili sauce is PERFECT on these big juicy shrimp!! An EASY, healthy recipe that’s sure to IMPRESS and ready in 10 minutes!!
10-Minute Grilled Honey Barbecue Shrimp — Fast, EASY, healthy, ready in 10 minutes, and the perfect way to enjoy shrimp!! Tender, juicy, and full of such great FLAVOR from the barbecue sauce and honey!!
Coconut Shrimp with Orange-Chili Dipping Sauce – Plump, juicy shrimp with a crispy, crunchy coconut coating!! Fast, easy, and better than you get in restaurants! Will be your new favorite shrimp recipe!
Easy Shrimp Cocktail – Goodbye overpriced deli trays. Learn the secrets to make your own perfect shrimp cocktail in 15 minutes! Juicy, sweet and sooo much more flavor!
Easy Roasted Shrimp with Green Goddess Dip – Healthy, foolproof, and ready in 10 minutes! The juicy shrimp and creamy dip are perfect together!! (it works great as a veggie dip or salad dressing too)
Better-Than-Takeout Shrimp Fried Rice — This is an easy, one-skillet recipe that’s ready in 20 minutes and tastes better than takeout; it’s healthier and not greasy.
Easy Shrimp Cakes – Easy, ready in 10 minutes, and they taste better than from a fancy restaurant!