Fettucine alfredo is a dish my family loves but I rarely make it because it can be a caloric lead balloon.
It’s easy, ready in 20 minutes, your family will love it, and no one will miss the empty calories.
Rather than multiple sticks of butter, eggs, and heavy cream, there’s only one stick of butter and I used Silk Unsweetened Cashewmilk.
Eating more plant-based protein is a great goal and Silk Cashewmilk or Silk Almond Milk are my milks of choice for baking and smoothies. They’re so low in calories and fat, they’re vegan and dairy-free, andI always get impressive-tasting results. It’s the perfect match between tasty and guilt-free.
The recipe halves easily but I make it as written and freeze leftovers in single-serve portions and can pull them out and re-heat at a moment’s notice for impromptu school lunches or planned-leftover-dinners.
Pin This Recipe
- 1 pound fettucine noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup Silk Unsweetened Cashewmilk
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups parmesan and pecorino romano cheese blend, finely grated (okay to use all parmesan rather than a blend)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain while reserving a small bit of pasta cooking liquid; set pasta and liquid aside.
- To a large skillet, add the butter, milk, and heat over medium-low heat to melt while whisking.
- Add the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and whisk to incorporate.
- Turn the heat to low, add the cheese, and whisk until melted. Note that parmesan cheese isn’t an ‘easy-melting’ cheese and it’s okay to see tiny clumps.
- Add the pasta and stir to evenly coat. If necessary add a splash of the reserved pasta cooking water to help coat noodles for easier stirring into the cheese sauce. I haven’t needed to do this, but it’s an option in case.
- Serve immediately. Recipe is best warm and fresh, but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for 4 months. Reheat very gently prior to serving leftovers so cheese doesn’t separate.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 414Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 1024mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 16g
Easy 30-Minute Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese – Classic mac and cheese the whole family will love! The creamy, cheesy comfort food you crave!! So much better than anything out of a box and just as easy!
Macaroni and Cheese Baked Cheese Balls – A perfect use for leftover macaroni! Bread it, bake it, devour it!
The Best Broccoli Cheese Soup (Better-Than-Panera Copycat) – Make the best soup of your life at home in 1 hour! Beyond words amazing!
Cheese Lover’s Fontina and Mozzarella Grilled Cheese Sandwich – Warm, gooey comfort food at its finest! Best & cheesiest grilled cheese ever!
Mini Grilled Cheese and Tomato Sandwiches – Adorable, perfect two-bite party appetizers!
Skinny Two-Ingredient 110-Calorie Mozzarella Cheese Sticks – Comfort food goes skinny so you can still indulge without the bulge!
Post brought to you by Silk. The recipe, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own. Sign up for the Silk newsletter here.
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.