Easy Homemade FUNFETTI®-Inspired Bundt Cake
This post may contain affiliate links.
Easy Homemade Funfetti Bundt Cake – NO cake mix in this 100% HOMEMADE funfetti cake and it tastes amazing!! Fast, EASY, and the BEST scratch funfetti cake recipe that’s loaded with sprinkles!!
I almost called this Easy Homemade Funfetti Birthday Cake because it’s a perfect celebration cake.
I made it as a belated birthday cake for myself and another friend because we both had June birthdays that we didn’t get around to celebrating together until much later. Better late than never.
The recipe is as close to Funfetti cake mix that I’ve been able to replicate at home. Nothing against cake mix, and it definitely comes in handy, but it’s nice to be able to make a scratch cake in literally 5 minutes.
It’s an easy, no mixer cake that’s adapted from Easy Homemade Funfetti Cake. I basically doubled the recipe, baked it as a Bundt, and changed up the frosting slightly.
It’s my favorite buttermilk cake base that I’ve used for so many cakes including Vanilla Cake with Vanilla Bean Browned Butter Glaze, Lemon Buttermilk Cake with Lemon Glaze, Blueberry Muffin and Buttermilk Pancakes Cake, Cream Cheese-Swirled Cherry and Mixed Berries Cake, The Best Pineapple Upside-Down Cake, and Caramelized Banana Upside-Down Cake and many more.
I love the cake base because it’s fast and easy to make, you only use two bowls, and the cakes always turn out supremely moist, springy, and fluffy thanks to buttermilk, sour cream, and oil. That trifecta of moisturizing and tenderizing ingredients makes it impossible to have a dry cake.
Between the sprinkles inside and on top of the cake and the creamy frosting, it’s a total winner.
Make it for the next birthday party or shower you’re hosting or going to because it’ll be gobbled up.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2/3 cup sour cream, lite is okay (plain Greek yogurt may be substituted)
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 to 3 teaspoons vanilla extract, or to taste
- 3/4 cup sprinkles, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 12-cup Bundt pan with floured cooking spray, or grease and flour the pan; set aside
- Cake – To a large bowl, add the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, and whisk to combine; set aside.
- To a separate medium bowl, add the eggs, buttermilk, sour cream, oil, vanilla, and whisk to combine.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry, mixing lightly with a spoon or folding with a spatula until just combined. Small lumps will be present, don’t overmix or try to stir them smooth.
- Gently stir in the sprinkles, taking care not to overmix or they could bleed.
- Turn batter out into prepared pan and bake for about 42 to 49 minutes (start checking at 40 minutes), or until center is set and not jiggly, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter.
- Place pan on a wire rack and allow cake to cool. After about 15 minutes, remove can from pan and set aside to cool.
- Frosting – Use storebought frosting (and skip to step 11) OR to a large bowl (or to the bowl of a stand mixer) add the butter and beat until light and creamy.
- Add the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, and beat with an electric mixer (or use the paddle attachment of a stand mixer) to incorporate.
- Add the cream slowly in the amount necessary to achieve desired frosting consistency.
- Spread frosting over cake. If you have extra frosting it will keep airtight in the fridge for at least 2 weeks.
- Evenly sprinkle the sprinkles before slicing and serving. Cake will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 5 days (I’m comfortable storing frosted cakes at room temp, if you’re not store in the fridge) or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Cake base adapted from Easy Homemade Funfetti Cake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 360Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 240mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 0gSugar: 50gProtein: 4g
Easy Homemade Funfetti Cake – Move over storebought cake mix! This easy cake only takes minutes to make and tastes wayyyy better!!
Softbatch Funfetti Sugar Cookies – Move over cake mix. These easy, super soft cookies are from scratch and loaded with sprinkles!
No-Ice-Cream-Maker Funfetti Cake Batter Golden Oreo Ice Cream – Easy, decadent, and loaded with sprinkles and Golden Oreos in every bite! No ice cream maker needed!
Chewy Sugar Sprinkles Cookies – Sugar cookies get a makeover by adding sprinkles!
Funfetti Cookie Dough Balls – For those of us who love raw dough almost more than baked cookies, this is safe-to-eat and so darn good!
Glazed Funfetti Rolls – Jazz up a tube of crescent rolls with this easy treat that’s ready in 15 minutes! Soft, buttery, loaded with sprinkles and glazed to sweet perfection!
Cookie Butter Funfetti Triple Chip Bars – Cookie Butter and sprinkles in one easy bar!
Funfetti Cake Batter Blondies – Easy, one bowl, no mixer recipe for soft, buttery blondies that taste like cake batter and are loaded with sprinkles!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.