Easy No-Bake Tiramisu
This post may contain affiliate links.
No-Bake Easy Tiramisu — FAST, no-bake, and infused with the richness of espresso, Kahlua, a luscious creamy filling, and dusted with cocoa powder!! Decadent and authentic but SO EASY!!
Easy Tiramisu Recipe
After 9 years writing my blog that contains thousands of recipes as well as writing 2 cookbooks, there are very few ‘common’ recipes I don’t have on my site or in a book. But tiramisu was one of them until now.
I love everything about this easy tiramisu because it’s fast, easy, and no-bake without sacrificing an ounce of authentic flavor. I have to say this is one of the best, fastest, and easiest desserts I have made in ages. <— The trifecta of dessert success.
With the warmer weather around the corner, anytime I can make something no-bake rather than turning on my oven, I am very happy.
I made this no-bake tiramisu on a whim and was actually a little nervous when I was assembling it because I feared that slicing it for photography purposes was going to turn into an epic mess. I was never worried about the taste, just the presentation; but after 3 hours in the fridge, I felt the dessert gods smiling down on me when I sliced into this baby.
The cake is tender, moist, and infused with the richness of espresso and Kahlua. It’s elegant and fancy tasting and would be perfect after a classy dinner party in your home or even for a girls-night-in after a giant cheese board and lots of wine.
The creamy filling made with lightly sweetened mascarpone cheese and heavy cream has just a hint of tanginess. It’s the perfect compliment to the bolder flavors of the espresso and Kahlua. The top is dusted with cocoa powder.
What’s in This Easy Tiramisu?
To make this no-bake tiramisu dessert, you’ll need:
- Store-bought pound cake
- Brewed espresso
- Coffee liquor (such as Kahlua)
- Mascarpone cheese
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Heavy whipping cream
- Cocoa powder
How to Make Easy Tiramisu
Simply halve a store-bought pound cake, drizzle the coffee and Kahlua mixture over it, and top with the sweetened mascarpone and heavy cream mixture. Repeat this process, then dust with cocoa powder.
Cake layer, coffee, mascarpone, done. Did I mention how easy this is?
How to Store Tiramisu
This tiramisu dessert will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 4 days, noting it will soften as time passes and the cocoa powder will ‘absorb’ into the cake.
Tips for Making the Best Tiramisu
Brewed espresso works best for this easy tiramisu recipe, but if you don’t have any on hand strongly brewed coffee will work.
Note that I used a fresh pound cake from my grocery store’s bakery, but a frozen cake from the freezer case that you thaw is okay too.
This no-bake tiramisu is best enjoyed the day it’s made. However, it’s important that you let it chill for at least 3 hours before slicing and serving.
- one 13.5 to 16-ounce pound cake (I used a fresh cake from my grocery store’s bakery but a frozen cake from the freezer case that you thaw is okay), halved lengthwise
- 3/4 cup brewed espresso
- 1/2 cup coffee liquor (such as Kahlua)
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1.25 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 pint (16 ounces) heavy whipping cream
- about 1/4 cup sifted unsweetened natural cocoa powder, or as needed for dusting
- Line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with foil for easier cleanup and slicing ability (you can pick the whole thing up and place on a cutting board) and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- Slice the pound cake in half lengthwise (two large slabs) and place the bottom half in the prepared pan; set the top half aside.
- To a large glass measuring cup, add the brewed espresso, coffee liquor, stir to combine, and drizzle half the mixture over the cake layer in the prepared pan; set aside.
- To a large bowl, add the mascarpone cheese, confectioners’ sugar, heavy cream, and beat with a handheld electric mixer on high speed for about 4 to 5 minutes or until quite stiff.
- Evenly spread about half of the cream mixture over the cake layer in the pan, about 1 1/2 cups. Note – I don’t mind having this layer be very thick and some will inevitably ‘leak’ out the sides when you add the top layer of the cake but if you prefer less filling, add it to taste.
- To the remaining cake layer (top layer), poke holes in it with a fork in about 30 spots to help the coffee mixture soak in easier.
- Add the top layer over the cream layer.
- Slowly and evenly drizzle with the remaining coffee mixture. It’s okay if it all doesn’t fully absorb into the top and pools down the sides; it will absorb into the bottom layer.
- Evenly spread about 1 1/2 cups of the remaining cream mixture over the top, or as desired.
- Chill the tiramisu for about 3 hours and just prior to slicing and serving, evenly dust with the cocoa powder.
- If you wind up with extra cream mixture, save it for up to 1 week in an airtight container in the fridge for another baking project or just eat it with a spoon.
- Tiramisu will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 4 days, noting it will soften as time passes and the cocoa powder will ‘absorb’ into the cake.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 2561Total Fat: 104gSaturated Fat: 39gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 46gCholesterol: 468mgSodium: 2583mgCarbohydrates: 377gFiber: 6gSugar: 238gProtein: 36g
More No-Bake Dessert Recipes:
Chocolate Candy Bar Icebox Cake — Icebox cakes are ridiculously easy, there’s no cooking involved, and everyone raves about them. This one is made with a filling consisting of chocolate pudding, milk, and whipped topping.
Boston Cream Icebox Cake — Boston cream pie meets an eclair in an easy no-mixer, no-bake dessert! Vanilla pudding, whipped topping, graham crackers, and lots of chocolate!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Candy Bars — These peanut butter candy bars are no-bake, easy, loaded with bold peanut butter flavor, and plenty of chocolate. They’re super soft, very dense, and chewy!
Death by Chocolate No-Bake Cheesecake Bars — Only for serious chocoholics because they’re rich, creamy, decadent, and loaded with chocolate!! NO-BAKE and an easy MAKE-AHEAD dessert!!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Bars — Can’t decide if you want PB or chocolate? Make these easy no-bake fudge bars! Chocolate + PB is sooo irresistible!!
Triple Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chewy Cereal Bars — These easy, no-bake bars are made in one bowl in minutes, and they’re vegan and gluten-free. Peanut butter is used 3 times in the recipe, and the peanut butter flavor is strong and robust.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.