Fudgy Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
This post may contain affiliate links.
And these fudgy brownies go from really good to get-them-out-of-my-house after adding peanut butter cups.
It’s a fast, one-bowl, no mixer recipe that’s as easy as using a mix.
The brownies are ultra fudgy, not at all cakey, ridiculously rich, boldly chocolaty, and there’s a full-size peanut butter cup for each brownie.
Peanut butter and chocolate is such a perfect combination and each brownie has it’s own peanut butter cup. No skimping here.
When you bite down through the decadent, fudgy brownie and the soft, salty-yet-sweet peanut butter cup at the same time, it’s such a perfect bite.
I like the recipe because it makes an 8-inch square pan which serves 9 generously, but if you need more, I’m sure doubling the recipe and baking in a 9×13-inch pan will be fine although I haven’t personally tried.
The brownies are guaranteed to be a hit at any party or event.
Who can resist those big peanut butter cups staring back at you?
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 6 ounces dark or bittersweet chocolate, chopped (I used Trader Joe’s 72% Pound Plus Bar)
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon brewed coffee (leftover or cold coffee is okay), optional but recommended
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso granules, optional but recommended
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 9 full-size peanut butter cups, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-inch square pan with aluminum foil leaving overhang and spray with cooking spray, or grease and flour the pan; set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, add the butter, chocolate, and heat on high power to melt, about 2 minutes. Stop to check and stir after 1 minute. Heat in 15-second increments until chocolate has melted and mixture can be stirred smooth. Allow mixture to cool momentarily before adding the eggs so they don’t scramble.
- Add the eggs, sugar, vanilla, optional coffee, optional espresso granules (neither make brownies taste like coffee and both enhance and round out the chocolate flavor), optional salt, and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Add the flour, salt, and stir until smooth and combined without overmixing.
- Turn batter out into prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula as necessary.
- Evenly add the peanut butter cups to the brownies using three rows of three. Using your finger, gently push each peanut butter cup down so it’s flush with the batter.
- Bake for about 26 to 27 minutes, or until center has just set and is no longer glossy. A toothpick should come out clean or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter. Allow brownies to cool in pan on top of a wire rack for at least 1 hour before slicing and serving. The peanut butter cups will likely become very melty and messy if you slice too early. Brownies will keep airtight at room temp for up to 1 week, in the fridge for up to 2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 6 months. I prefer these brownies slightly chilled and store them in the fridge.
Adapted from The Best Turtle Brownies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 422Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 201mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 4gSugar: 25gProtein: 7g
I wrote a Peanut Butter Cookbook with 100+ recipes using peanut butter!
Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Dough Crumble Bars – Soft, buttery bars with big cookie dough flavor and mini peanut butter cups baked in!
Flourless PB & Chocolate Fudgy Brownies (GF) – No flour, no problem! Chocolate & PB are all you need for super fudgy brownies!
The Best Turtle Brownies – Super fudgy and loaded with chocolate, pecans and caramel! So.crazy.good!
Two-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars (GF) – The easiest bars ever and no one will ever guess it!
Andes Mint Brownies – Super fudgy brownies loaded with Andes! Chocolate + mint is the best! Meet your new favorite brownies and so easy!
Triple Peanut Butter Cookie Pie – This fast & easy cookie pie has peanut butter worked in 3 different ways. If you’re a peanut butter lover, this is for you!
Oreo Cream Cheese Brownies – Fudgy brownies with a layer of cream cheese and tons of Oreos! They’ll be your new favorites!
Smores Brownie Pie – No campfire? No problem! Fudgy brownies topped with toasted marshmallows & graham cracker crumbs
Salted Caramel Pretzel-Topped Fudgy Brownies – Super fudgy scratch brownies as easy as a mix and the salty-and-sweet combo is irresistible!
Homemade Little Debbie Cosmic Brownies – A dead ringer for the real thing and just so good!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.