Grilled Toast with Strawberry Balsamic Mint Salsa
This post may contain affiliate links.
Grilled Toast with Strawberry Balsamic Mint Salsa – Impress your friends and family with these fun, FAST and EASY grilled toasts!! The salsa has so much FLAVOR from the strawberries, mint, lime, juice, and balsamic vinegar!!
This post is sponsored post by Mirum. The recipe, photos, text, and opinions expressed are my own.
Who knew you can make toast on the grill but you can indeed.
And these little toasts, or bruchetta if you want to get fancy, are perfect for any occasion including a great side at your next brunch, as an afternoon snack, or as an appetizer at you next backyard barbecue.
I brought some to my neighbor because I had lots of extra toast and salsa and she raved about it. It’s always the easy things that get the best reviews.
How To Make Toast On The Grill
Making toast on the grill is so much faster and easier than using my broiler. I have a tendency to get distracted while I’m broiling things and before you know it my smoke alarm is going off but I find the grill much more forgiving.
Simply add a generous layer of Pure Blend Coconut Oil plant-based butter to one side of French bread, place the bread on the grill, and grill over low heat until the toast is as done as you like it.
On my grill it only takes about 4 minutes on the first side and then another quick minute on the other side.
I recommend using the lowest heat setting on your grill to avoid burning the toast.
What Is Pure Blend Coconut Oil Plant-Based Butter
It’s different from regular butter, it’s a healthier option, and recipes taste great with it. Pure Blends is a brand of plant-based butters made with oils like avocado and coconut. With the coconut oil version I can taste a faint hint of coconut but it’s very, very light.
I purchased both Pure Blend Avocado Oil and Coconut Oil plant-based butter at my local Walmart. I got all the ingredients for the recipe there as well which makes things so convenient. Walmart even has online grocery pickup now.
The plant-based butters are smooth, creamy, vegan, and have no artificial preservatives or flavors. You can learn more about the benefits of a plant-based diet at PureBlendsBrand.com
What To Top The Toast With
For these vegan toasts I made a seasonal and refreshing salsa with fresh strawberries, mint, lime juice, and balsamic vinegar. Simple ingredients that deliver big time flavor. I could eat the salsa with a spoon.
If you want to add red onion or jalapeno for some sharpness or heat, I think they would be excellent additions here.
But there are endless options. Feel like making avocado toast? Use Pure Blend Avocado Oil plant-based butter on top of the bread, grill it, mash up some avocado, add a sprinkling of chives, dash of lime juice, salt, and add the mixture to the warm toast. I adore avocado toast.
Want to go with something more savory or spicy? Grill up some toast and dip it into your favorite hummus or salsas including traditional restaurant-style, peach mango, avocado corn, or mango chipotle salsa.
More favorite recipes:
- FAVORITE strawberry recipes – 45+ great strawberry recipes all in one place!
- Favorite SALSA recipes – 20+ of my favorite homemade salsas!
- Avocado, Tomato, and Mozzarella Crostini – Like bruschetta, but with avocado and who can say no to avocado and cheese! A fast and easy appetizer everyone loves and ready in 15 minutes!
- Egg-In-A-Hole Avocado Toast – Slathering warm egg in a hole toast with a creamy chive and lime-scented avocado spread is beyond delicious! This avocado toast is easy, ready in 15 minutes and perfect anytime!
- 6 pieces French bread
- 6 tablespoons Pure Blends Coconut Oil plant-based butter
- 3/4 to 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced small
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh mint, finely minced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons granulated sugar, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- Preheat grill to the lowest available heat setting.
- To one side of each piece of toast, add a generous layer of coconut oil butter, about 1 tablespoon per pieces is what I used. Depending on the size of your bread, you may need more or less.
- Add the bread to oiled grill grates with the coconut oil butter side down and grill for about 4 minutes, or until toast is as dark and done as desired. Since all grills and ingredients vary, keep a close eye on them so they don't burn. Remove from the grill and set aside on a platter.
- To a medium bowl, add all remaining ingredients, stir to combine, taste and check for seasoning balance, and add additional lime juice, sugar, etc. if necessary to taste.
- Evenly top toasts with the salsa and serve immediately. Toasts are best warm and fresh. You may have a bit of salsa leftover depending on how much you add to each piece of toast. Extra salsa will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 777Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1523mgCarbohydrates: 115gFiber: 5gSugar: 15gProtein: 23g
Avocado, Tomato, and Mozzarella Crostini – Like bruschetta, but with avocado and who can say no to avocado and cheese! A fast and easy appetizer everyone loves and ready in 15 minutes!
Egg-In-A-Hole Avocado Toast – Slathering warm egg in a hole toast with a creamy chive and lime-scented avocado spread is beyond delicious! This avocado toast is easy, ready in 15 minutes and perfect anytime!
Blueberry Corn Salsa – Berries, corn, jalapeno, cilantro, and more in this easy and healthy salsa that’s ready in 5 minutes! So good you can eat it on it’s own like a salad! The sweet fruit balances the heat and it’s a guaranteed hit!
The Best Peach Mango Salsa – Fast, easy, and tastes a million times better than anything storebought! So.darn.good!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.