Grilled Balsamic Strawberry Crostini — Impress your friends and family with these fun, FAST and EASY crostini appetizer!! The salsa has so much FLAVOR from the strawberries, mint, lime, juice, and balsamic vinegar!!
This post is sponsored post by Mirum. The recipe, photos, text, and opinions expressed are my own.
Easy Crostini Appetizer
Who knew you can make toast on the grill, but you can indeed.
And these little toasts, or crostini, if you want to get fancy, are perfect for any occasion including a great side at your next brunch, as an afternoon snack, or as an appetizer at you next backyard barbecue.
I brought some to my neighbor because I had lots of extra toast and salsa and she raved about it. It’s always the easy things that get the best reviews.
Balsamic Strawberry Crostini Ingredients
To make this simple strawberry appetizer, you’ll need:
- French bread
- Pure Blends Coconut Oil plant-based butter
- Fresh strawberries
- Fresh mint
- Lime juice
- Balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt
What Is Pure Blend Coconut Oil Plant-Based Butter?
It’s different from regular butter, it’s a healthier option, and recipes taste great with it. Pure Blends is a brand of plant-based butters made with oils like avocado and coconut. With the coconut oil version I can taste a faint hint of coconut but it’s very, very light.
I purchased both Pure Blend Avocado Oil and Coconut Oil plant-based butter at my local Walmart. I got all the ingredients for the recipe there as well which makes things so convenient. Walmart even has online grocery pickup now.
The plant-based butters are smooth, creamy, vegan, and have no artificial preservatives or flavors. You can learn more about the benefits of a plant-based diet at PureBlendsBrand.com .
How to Make Strawberry Crostini
Making strawberry crostini on the grill couldn’t be simpler! Making toast on the grill is so much faster and easier than using my broiler.
(I have a tendency to get distracted while I’m broiling things and before you know it my smoke alarm is going off but I find the grill much more forgiving.)
Here’s how to make crostini from a baguette or French bread:
- Add a generous layer of Pure Blend Coconut Oil plant-based butter to one side of the French bread slice.
- Place the bread on the grill, and grill over low heat until the toast is as done as you like it. On my grill it only takes about 4 minutes on the first side and then another quick minute on the other side.
- After the bread has been toasted, add all remaining ingredients to a bowl, stir to combine, taste and check for seasoning balance.
- Evenly top toasts with the strawberry salsa and serve immediately.
Tip: I recommend using the lowest heat setting on your grill to avoid burning the toast.
Can I Use Another Kind of Berry?
Most likely, yes! I imagine the balsamic and fresh mint would pair nicely with pretty much any fresh berry.
Can the Recipe Be Made in Advance?
Absolutely! Make the strawberry salsa a day or two ahead of time, but I recommend waiting to toast the bread until you’re ready to assemble and serve.
Tips for the Best Crostini Appetizer
For these vegan toasts I made a seasonal and refreshing salsa with fresh strawberries, mint, lime juice, and balsamic vinegar. Simple ingredients that deliver big time flavor. I could eat the salsa with a spoon.
If you want to add red onion or jalapeno for some sharpness or heat, I think they would be excellent additions here.
You may have a bit of salsa leftover depending on how much you add to each piece of toast. Extra salsa will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Pin This Recipe
Grilled Balsamic Strawberry Crostini
- 6 pieces French bread
- 6 tablespoons Pure Blends Coconut Oil plant-based butter
- ¾ to 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced small
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh mint, finely minced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons granulated sugar, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- Preheat grill to the lowest available heat setting.
- To one side of each piece of toast, add a generous layer of coconut oil butter, about 1 tablespoon per pieces is what I used. Depending on the size of your bread, you may need more or less.
- Add the bread to oiled grill grates with the coconut oil butter side down and grill for about 4 minutes, or until toast is as dark and done as desired. Since all grills and ingredients vary, keep a close eye on them so they don't burn. Remove from the grill and set aside on a platter.
- To a medium bowl, add all remaining ingredients, stir to combine, taste and check for seasoning balance, and add additional lime juice, sugar, etc. if necessary to taste.
- Evenly top toasts with the salsa and serve immediately. Toasts are best warm and fresh.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
©averiecooks.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
More Easy Appetizer Recipes:
Blueberry Corn Salsa — Berries, corn, jalapeno, cilantro, and more in this easy and healthy salsa that’s ready in 5 minutes! So good you can eat it on it’s own like a salad! The sweet fruit balances the heat and it’s a guaranteed hit!
Chunky Pineapple Salsa — This pineapple salsa recipe is made with frozen pineapple chunks, bell peppers, Roma tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, and lime juice.
Sweet and Spicy Chipotle Salsa — A sweet and spicy salsa with a lovely smokiness from pineapple, tomatillo, onion, and garlic that are blistered under broiler and then blended with chipotle peppers!
The Best Peach Mango Salsa — Fast, easy, and tastes a million times better than anything store-bought! So darn good!!