Healthy Turkey and Vegetable Stir Fry
This post may contain affiliate links.
Healthy Turkey and Vegetable Stir Fry – An EASY, flavorful, FLEXIBLE stir fry that takes advantage of lean protein and your favorite veggies that you have in your produce drawer!! Ready in 25 minutes and perfect for meal-prepping!!
Why You Should Make a Ground Turkey Stir Fry
If you’re looking for a new dinner or meal prep recipe that’s ready in 25 minutes, easy, and made in one skillet, look no further than this stir fry.
It’s made with ground turkey which I feel takes a backseat in the limelight department to ground chicken, although you can use ground chicken here.
It’s healthy, full of flavor from the soy and chili garlic sauces, and has plenty of hearty crisp-tender veggies in every bite.
Even better, it’s such a flexible recipe that you can adapt based on what you have on hand and what you enjoy.
Ingredients In Stir Fry with Ground Turkey
I made this recipe at a time last spring when we were all scrambling to the grocery stores looking for anything useful that was still on the store shelves.
This recipe was born from what I could find at the store in combination with what I had in my produce drawer.
- Ground turkey
- Orange and yellow bell peppers
- Soy sauce
- Chili garlic sauce
- Use ground chicken, ground beef, or pork sausage
- Yellow or white onion
- Green or poblano peppers
- Cherry tomatoes
- Garbanzo beans
- Stir in noodles
- Wilted spinach or kale
- Sesame seeds or green onions for garnishing
Makes a Generous Portion
Because this recipe calls for lots of veggies, make sure to use a high-sided deep and big skillet. They do all wilt and cook down, but before that happens, keep in mind to start out with likely the biggest skillet you have so everything fits and you still have room to toss and stir.
Meal Prep Perfection
Recipes like these are perfect for meal prepping. I filled up six single-serving plastic containers with the stir fry on one side, cooked brown rice on the other side, and popped them all into the freezer for a rainy day.
It’s nice to have an easy grab-and-reheat lunch or dinner especially on busy weeknights.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more if necessary
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sesame oil, or as desired
- 1 large sweet Vidalia onion, diced small
- 1 pound ground turkey (ground chicken, ground pork sausage, or ground beef may be substituted)
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and diced small
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced small
- 1 1/2 cups baby carrots, halved
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce, or as desired
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce, or as desired (start with 1 teaspoon if you're sensitive to heat and work up from there)
- 1 large zucchini, diced into bite-sized piece
- 1 broccoli crown, diced into bite-sized florets
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- To a large and high-sided skillet, add the oils, onion, and saute over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes, or until onion is beginning to soften; stir frequently.
- Add the turkey, peppers, carrots, and cook over medium-high heat for about 7 minutes, or until turkey is cooked through and vegetables are crisp-tender. Crumble and stir the turkey as it cooks to ensure even cooking.
- Add the soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, and stir to incorporate evenly.
- Add the zucchini, broccoli, stir to combine, and cover the skillet with a lid to encourage the broccoli to steam. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until broccoli is as tender as desired.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately. Recipe will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 351Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 740mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 22g
15-Minute Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry with Ramen Noodles — Don’t call for takeout when you can make this EASY Asian stir fry in minutes!! HEALTHIER and faster than takeout and great for busy weeknights!!
Chicken Stir-Fry with Noodles — Skip takeout and make this EASY stir fry that’s ready in 15 minutes!! Loaded with juicy chicken, crisp-tender veggies, comforting noodles, and Asian-inspired flavors! Perfect for busy weeknights!!
Healthy Vegetable Stir-Fry— Even if you’re not a big broccoli or vegetable lover, or if you have veggie-resistant family members, this vegetable stir-fry recipe is packed with so much flavor that everyone will forget how healthy it is and how many stir-fry veggies they’re eating!
Better-Than-Takeout Cashew Chicken – Juicy chicken, crisp-tender vegetables, and crunchy cashews coated with the best garlicky soy sauce! Skip takeout and make your own restaurant-quality meal that’s easy, ready in 20 minutes, and healthier!
Mandarin Chicken Stir Fry — An EASY Asian stir fry with tender chicken, juicy oranges, and veggies!! Skip takeout and make this ONE skillet recipe that’s ready in 15 minutes and perfect for busy weeknights!!
Easy Sweet and Sour Asian Noodles — So much flavor in these easy noodles that are ready in 30 minutes! Plenty of vegetables add great crunch! You won’t miss takeout when homemade tastes way better and is healthier!
Peanut Chicken with Peanut Noodles – Easy, ready in 20 minutes, tastes better, and way healthier than takeout! Peanut sauce automatically makes everything taste amazing!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.